• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2: Uh, why are they called that again?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
Why? Why??
I know that there is a sword that you can upgrade to that is called Dark Cloud, but that like has nothing to do with the story! Why are the games called Dark Cloud??? Why??? Does anyone know?

And, while you're at it, if you have played Dark Cloud 2, can ya post your thoughts on the game and say if ya liked it or not? Anything will do!

Angel From Above

I loved Dark cloud 2 (it was called Dark Chronical over here)
The dungeons got quite repetitve and annoying but the little golfing bit at the end if you managed to kill all the monsters in there. Sphera or something like that i think it was called!!
i loved the overall look of the game though, the cell shading looked pretty!
Just one bad thing.....im scared of clowns lmao! I used to wince when i see them!

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I've only played Dark Cloud one, so I can tell you why the first one was called Dark Cloud without spoiling anything. The Dark Genie stayed in this castle in the sky called and Toan had to get there to defeat it. Around the castle, was this huge Dark Cloud that was dangerous. Toan had to use a special way to penetrate the cloud to get to the castle.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
ive only played the first one, and i absolutely loved it....as you can probably guess by my username

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
LOL! Yup! Wasn't Xiao the cat-person?

Oh, and thanks all ya'll guys! But are sure, RPGplaya, that they had to penetrate the cloud? Cause I thought that it was just there and they never evn mentioned it, and from what I remember I though that all they did was just battle the Dark Genie and find out that it was just a mouse! Hee hee!
Are you sure? I could be wrong though.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Clasm said:
LOL! Yup! Wasn't Xiao the cat-person?

Oh, and thanks all ya'll guys! But are sure, RPGplaya, that they had to penetrate the cloud? Cause I thought that it was just there and they never evn mentioned it, and from what I remember I though that all they did was just battle the Dark Genie and find out that it was just a mouse! Hee hee!
Are you sure? I could be wrong though.

At least that's what I remember the rabbit told him. In fact, I think the Sun Giant was first destroyed when they tried to go through the dark cloud. That's why Toan had to get that Sun Crystal, Gem, whatever it was.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I'm really enjoying it although Spehda does my head in. Has anyone got all the medals? Yeah it's called Dark Chronicle instead of Dark Cloud 2 in Europe which is more sensible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back