• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Cloud 1 and 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm sure that there may be a thread in here lost in the sea of ancient threads, but I wanted to bring it up again because I'm finally forcing myself to play these games through to the end because I love them so much! I keep getting frustrated with accidentally letting my weapons break on a defending enemy and losing hours of weapon progress because of it!

When I first played Dark Cloud, it was after I had played 2 and I was originally disappointed in the differences that were upgraded in 2, but after forcing myself to play it on the PS4 I'm enjoying it way more than before! I had only finished the forest on my original play through, but now I'm almost at the end. I hadn't beaten Dark Cloud 2 before either, I got to the final boss and he wrecked me then I lost my saved data. Since I bought 2 first, however, I stopped after just entering the forest so I could beat 1 first.

Anyone wanna share any tips and or stories about this wonderful series?

Veevee

Awards
Ah, Dark Cloud. Recently played and platinumed it. It was quite a ride, sometimes fun and sometimes just ugh, but I pulled through until the end and I'm glad I did. Still a bit surprised though, before I played the game I had heard great stories about the game's story and what I got was ... well, I had fun with the unique gameplay. I sincerely wish they would've included more interactions between the characters, more interactions in general, but oh well. Already bought Dark Chronicle (the European name for Dark Cloud 2) when it was cheap at the PS Store and I'm really looking forward to playing it - I already would have done that if I hadn't Ys VIII, Digimon and Ni no Kuni 2 still at my list. Really happy the PSN finally gave me a good opportunity to play these games.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah, Dark Cloud. Recently played and platinumed it. It was quite a ride, sometimes fun and sometimes just ugh, but I pulled through until the end and I'm glad I did. Still a bit surprised though, before I played the game I had heard great stories about the game's story and what I got was ... well, I had fun with the unique gameplay. I sincerely wish they would've included more interactions between the characters, more interactions in general, but oh well. Already bought Dark Chronicle (the European name for Dark Cloud 2) when it was cheap at the PS Store and I'm really looking forward to playing it - I already would have done that if I hadn't Ys VIII, Digimon and Ni no Kuni 2 still at my list. Really happy the PSN finally gave me a good opportunity to play these games.

Yeah, Dark Cloud 2 is way better than the first one in so many different ways. Like they upgraded the systems instead of replacing them. I don't have many gripes about 2, apart from the lag on ps4 compared to the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back