• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dam Wii Fans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Dancer

Just wondering. whos sick of dam Wii fans saying stuff like. "OMG KH would be so cool on Wii. you could like swing the remote to attack with the keyblade!

Yea lets just kill the whole originality of the KH battle system! :thumbdown:

i hope im not they only one whos sick of this :bored:

UrbanQuattrus

Not to voice an opinion over whether a Wii game would be good or bad (once the franchise has hit critical mass, I'm sure a spin-off or three will find its way to the console anyway), but what exactly do you consider "original" about KH's battle system? It's not the first action-rpg to come around. And in terms of video games in general, I think the Wii's control scheme is one of the most original designs of the past few years.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I, once again, agree with Quattrus. What exactly would be so bad about it?

Z3120

Well, what's so bad about it? It's like those who played Okami on the PS2 and now they finally got their chance with a Wii port. I don't see what's so wrong with wanting to use the Wii-mote. It's like everyone who's still yearning for an actual light-saber fight of some sorts.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
The 'originality' of the KH battle system is to mash buttons?
X X X X X X
TRIANGLE
X X X X X X
SUPERPRESCRIPTEDFLASHYCOMBO
X X X X X X
OHLOOKTHEBOSSDIED

How about the 'dam PS fanz', who think anything good or original can only be spawned from the great motherland of Sony corp. because they've never owned a console in their lives without 'PURAYSTASHUN' plastered over it?

Last edited:

UrbanQuattrus

The originality of the KH battle system is to mash XXXXXXTRIANGLESUPER PRE-SCRIPTEDFLASHYCOMBOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOHLOOKTHEBOSSDIED?

No, not at all, you're not doing it justice, it's so much more complex than that. It's more like:

XXXXXXTRIANGLESUPER PRE-SCRIPTEDFLASHYCOMBOXXX-R1XFORCURE-XXXXXXXXXXXOHLOOKTHEBOSSDIED?OHNOESSHITTYPIRATESOFTHECARIBEANCUTSCENETHATIALREADYSAWINTHEMOVIEWORDFORWORD!!!!

<('.'<) F
(>'.')> T
<(*.*)> W

Seriously though, that's about the funniest description that could be made of the situation. And the most accurate. KH2's control scheme is incredibly lame much of the time and not original in the least.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I HAVE TO SOAK MY THUMBS IN ICE AFTER PLAYING, THEREFORE THIS BATTLE SYSTEM MUST BE INTENSELY ORIGINAL

Athletics Legend

*The Future Athlete*
Im not exactly pissed at the Wii fans for saying that KH would be good on Wii...but that doesnt mean that it wont be good on PS3

Key-Blade

i see no problem with the wii remote and the battle system. For me it doesn't matter if i push a button or swing the remote. Maybe its even more fun doing that with the remote.At least it won't be a big difference.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
I would think that it would be good, especially with the addition of those controller stand things (Light zapper gun etc.) I heard that they were thinking about making one that looked like a sword, be fun with the Zelda game :) and also Redsteel, that would be a killer to play with the zapper gun

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like everybody else said...KH isn't "original" as you say it is.
Hell, the Wii could actually save the damn game.

How is pressing x a billion times original?
There's like...a billion games EXACTLY LIKE THAT.

I would love to play a game like that on the Wii.
(of course I'd kill to just play a game on the Wii period, but you get my point, right?)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
as long as they have one for the ps3. i'll be mad if they only made kingdom hearts games on the wii instead of ps3.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I actually think KH on the Wii would be cool. I like the original style, but button mashing gets tiring fast.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Hell Kingdom Hearts would be good on the Wii just alot of kids would look stupid playing it. I can just picture it now: "OMG i got my Org 13 cloak on and my kychain time to battle some heartless." They most likely will make one first for PS3 then Wii and 360 would come next. But then again who knows if there is going to be a kh3 officially. Could be just other KH games will no 3 added on.

I could careless about button mashing. Grew up with it so never really got tired of it. Also never needed to soak my thumbs in ice or anything after playing games for long periods of time.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Hey, I bet if they made a KH game for the Wii, they'd also make a keyblade attachment for the wii remote to fit into just like the twilight princess[sword and sheild], sports[tennis racket,baseball bat,etc.], and zapper[gun thing] packs

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Heh, I don't see any problem with wanting a KH game on the Wii. Though I'd much prefer if the Riku spin-off (remember how Nomura mentioned four stories that he wanted to deal with? Xehanort's memories - BBS, Mickey's time in the dark realm - Coded, Roxas time with the Organization - 358/2 Days, and Riku's time while Sora was sleeping) ended up there than KHIII, because I want to see what a PS3 could do with the KH world.

Considering that the reasoning behind not having 358/2 Days use the DS's stylus is that it would be too far from the feel of KH, though, it seems like less of a possibility, especially for a main series game. I can't even think of how you could map all of KH's functions to a Wiimote + Nunchuck setup, unless all offensive and defensive Keyblade moves were done using motion sensitivity. There's a huge lack of usable buttons on it (Analog stick, C button, and trigger on Nunchuk, D-pad, A, and B-trigger on Wiimote; + and - and 1 and 2 would be take too much time to move to in a fast-paced fight).

A keyblade attachment would be sweet, though. =3

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Heh, I don't see any problem with wanting a KH game on the Wii. Though I'd much prefer if the Riku spin-off (remember how Nomura mentioned four stories that he wanted to deal with? Xehanort's memories - BBS, Mickey's time in the dark realm - Coded, Roxas time with the Organization - 358/2 Days, and Riku's time while Sora was sleeping) ended up there than KHIII, because I want to see what a PS3 could do with the KH world.

Eh, it's been established that Coded will deal with Riku's story as well, so no spin-off for him.

Considering that the reasoning behind not having 358/2 Days use the DS's stylus is that it would be too far from the feel of KH, though, it seems like less of a possibility, especially for a main series game.

Tell me about it. I personally considered that a stupid idea. The whole reason as to why the game should be on DS was because of the stylus. I mean, it worked for so many other series, I'm sure Nomura and his team could figure it out.

I can't even think of how you could map all of KH's functions to a Wiimote + Nunchuck setup, unless all offensive and defensive Keyblade moves were done using motion sensitivity. There's a huge lack of usable buttons on it (Analog stick, C button, and trigger on Nunchuk, D-pad, A, and B-trigger on Wiimote; + and - and 1 and 2 would be take too much time to move to in a fast-paced fight).

A keyblade attachment would be sweet, though. =3

Eh, yes, true.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
^I'm with you on stylus thing Hades. Nomura and his team are genius enough to think of something. If they could come up with a use for it, I'm sure it'd be awesome. Sure it'd be different, but I like a little variety.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I would like to see a Wii KH, but I would like to see it done in a fun, smart way, kinda like how they did twilight princess.

And TC, what your calling original has been in nearly every RPG consol game there is. The only difference between KH and others is that KH doesn't use a turn based battle system, allowing for button mashing.(I know it's been said already, but I felt like I should say it too.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back