• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Dad wants wife to get an abortion.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

Lifeline: Who the hell said I'm talking to you? I'm talking to the people who do do those things, then I'm not talking to you, am I?
Of course but that chance is very minimal.
My sister then again got pregnant on the pill, but they chose to keep the baby even though it was a surprise and it's the greatest thing that's ever happened to my family.
So frankly, I'll never understand the logic (or rather, cop-out) that is abortion.
More like consequence for her actions, which people hardly seem to accept anymore.
Let's do a quick run down here:
You said this upcoming generation which includes Lifeline so you are "talking" to him. If you are talking about those who do those things; don't generalize.

That's wonderful for your family and sister. However, no everyone in the world has the same life as you. IE: able to pour all their money into unnecessary things that can be avoided.

So, having a baby and possibly ruining their life is her punishment for a night of fun? That's a sick way to think. I can't care who the fuck you are thinking like that is disgusting.

Dogenzaka said:
So they baby can live it's life with shitty conditions and not knowing who they really are. In addition to the multiple psychological problems that have a good chance of occuring.

Maybe you should think of more then "the Christian way" when it comes to things like this.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
if they get an abortion they be killing a helpless person without a say.

But if they give it up for adoption, they are simply making it someone else's problem. Not only will the child eventually question who it's parents are, but the child may end up hating his foster parents and real parents.
So please tell me which makes more sense.

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
Personally, I'm against abortions, but then again, Sam's got a really good point.

She's your mom, dude, respect what she does, even if you don't agree. It could be for the best, or not. Either way, if the decision's emotional stress is blown out of proportion, it ain't gonna make it easier for your parents.

I say leave it up to your mother.

Awards
if they get an abortion they be killing a helpless person without a say.

How can a fetus be a person if it lacks any concept of self?

Yes, this is one of the many reasons it's wrong.

And you just need to shut the fuck up. There are plenty of intelligible pro-lifers on this forum who can debate the same points that you stand for but without sounding like a dumbass. Get out of here.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
^ How do you know that the fetus lacks a sense of self? Do you remember what it was like to be a fetus?

I don't want my mom to get hurt by getting an abortion, so please give me good reasons to inform my family why we should increase our family in size (aka not get an abortion and keep the baby).

Thanks.

Well, I think it would be beneficial to explain why they want an abortion in the first place. I am very pro-life, but it helps to know what the problem is that's driving your parents to make this decision before offering a solution in your counter-argument.

And it is her body to do what she wants with it, and no one should tell her other wise, especially the government.

Well, if we assume that the fetus is a human person, then it's not really her body that we're dealing with. And even if we were, would you use that same argument if the woman in question wanted to cut herself or commit suicide?

Concerning the issue here, I say let her do what she wants Herman, it's not your place to decide.

I think he has a right to voice his opinion on the matter when it's his family and mother involved and the life of a future brother or sister on the line.

Awards
^ How do you know that the fetus lacks a sense of self? Do you remember what it was like to be a fetus?

You can't have a sense of self without a consciousness. Very common sense.

would you use that same argument if the woman in question wanted to cut herself or commit suicide?

Absolutely. Anybody who thinks that freedom is limited to pleasantries is a naive idiot.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
hay guyz

fetus =\= baby

The fetus isn't going to be screaming in pain when the procedure takes place. It doesn't know pain. It can't think or feel. It is just a lump of developing cells. So, again, how is the fetus going to be against this?

Firagex

hay guyz

fetus =\= baby

The fetus isn't going to be screaming in pain when the procedure takes place. It doesn't know pain. It can't think or feel. It is just a lump of developing cells. So, again, how is the fetus going to be against this?

The fetus can't feel anything, but just knowing that you paid doctors to kill a developing human being growing inside you should make you feel some sort of emotional distress, don't you agree. I mean who's to say what's right and what's wrong nowadays. We can argue and state opinions all night, but that won't change anything. Clearly everyone discussing this thread isn't going to change his or her opinions, so I say to leave it at that. :)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Maybe he's not a fucking sicko like all the teenagers on this forum.

Newsflash: having conservative opinions DOES NOT automatically make you better and wiser than everyone who doesn't, so you can get off your high horse, and cease acting like you're some enlightened octogenarian republican party member filled with some sort of infinite wisdom that people with opinions contrary to your own don't possess.

On the actual topic, let your mother decide what's best.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The fetus can't feel anything, but just knowing that you paid doctors to kill a developing human being growing inside you should make you feel some sort of emotional distress, don't you agree. I mean who's to say what's right and what's wrong nowadays. We can argue and state opinions all night, but that won't change anything. Clearly everyone discussing this thread isn't going to change his or her opinions, so I say to leave it at that. :)

Well, your feelings about abortion doesn't change anyone's opinions. Abortion is a must in some situations. Something not wanted growing inside me sounds more like a parasite.

A

Azrael

I don't want my mom to get hurt by getting an abortion, so please give me good reasons to inform my family why we should increase our family in size (aka not get an abortion and keep the baby).

Thanks.

If your parents do not have finanical assets to have a fetus in her for give or take nine months, I say let the abortion happen.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com

Thanks.

It's not up to your father. It's up to your mother. And if she also wants an abortion, then it's none of your business, nor your father's.

If she wants the baby, then that's that. She'll keep it.

Abortions are not wrong, and she will not get hurt by an abortion. If done correctly, the only thing she'll face is the trauma of having gotten rid of her unborn child.

A

Azrael

I agree with the previous statement made by L.L

A women has a right to do what she feels to her body and if that means destroying something that is practically a parasite, then she alone must make that choice.

If she wants to go along with it, let her. If she doesn't, let her keep the fetus.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Usually I would say "Fuck that shit, let her get the abortion you lucky bastard" but if she doesn't want one and your father isn't respecting her decision then I am against her getting one. She should have a choice in the matter, whether it fucks up the family or not; she should not beforced or pressured to abort or have a baby. I do not know the specifics of your family though and most here probably can't persuade them on such a huge issue but both parents should look at all options and consequences and respect each others decision before doing anything.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Dogenzaka said:
Lifeline: Who the hell said I'm talking to you? I'm talking to the people who do do those things, then I'm not talking to you, am I?

Because we have so many rich speeding pot-smoking drunks trying to destroy capitalism with duct tape watching this thread.

Fighting wars in the name of god or America, hurting and killing thousands or millions of people in the process is to be condoned, but the second a woman terminates an unconscious clump of cells for whatever her reasons may be, that's being a sicko?

See what I did there? I associated you with the classic redneck patriotic stereotype because of one of your beliefs, while you might as well be a whole lot more lenient and progressive than that (not that you are, but for the sake of the argument let's say that you are). Stop getting your dick in a knot over every little comment, and stop generalizing an increasing amount of the pro-choice public into hippies just because someone joked about being amish.

Sam said:
The fact is, it's a little more nuance than "bigger family is always better". Nobody in this thread, myself included, knows anything about your family's structure, socioeconomic situation, history, belief system, or anything else that might be used to persuade them one way or another. What I can assume is that your mother has her reasons for seeking an abortion and that you probably ought to respect them.

This. Whether or not Dogen has an awesome happy go lucky family where everything's peas and carrots, that doesn't apply to everyone. As for the OP, the only thing you can do to really help the situation without feeling like you have to choose sides or change someone's mind; is to make clear to yourself and your mother that in the end, it will be her decision to make. She has to make this decision based on her own judgment, to know what's best for her, her family, their future and of course the unborn child should she decide to keep it. If she decides to abort against her own will because her husband told her to, she should be prepared to accept the possible consequences afterwards. And as a woman with children she can most likely imagine those consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back