• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► CW's Powerpuff Girls Live-Action

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I know you're joking but a live action series/movie focusing on a older Dexter would have probably been better than this
I'm not sure, I feel like the inventing would fall to the side and it'd focus on a love triangle between Dexter, Mandark and DeeDee or something crazy like that if CW were in charge of the scripts.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not sure, I feel like the inventing would fall to the side and it'd focus on a love triangle between Dexter, Mandark and DeeDee or something crazy like that if CW were in charge of the scripts.
Maybe. Though if it ended up on something like Netflix or Hulu it could work out

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Dexter's Lab crossover when?
OMFG NO!!!! Leave Dexter alone!

But now that you say it, I can see them having Johnny Bravo, Dexter, Courage, and other Cartoon Network originals make cameos or have an episode about them visiting Townsville.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
OK now that we can put faces to what was previously a vague abstraction of an idea, I'm absolutely horrified by this whole endeavour.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
They're not bad casting, not something horrific yet.

Oh not the casting itself. That's surprisingly top tier.

Just putting actual real life faces to a live action remake of PowerPoint Girls highlights exactly what many of us feared upon hearing the news.

I was on board the premise and like the creative team behind it. And I like the cast. And yet it still seems too uncanny valley to me.

I feel the medium is the message for Powerpuff Girls. The way it is presented is a vital part of it. Other cartoons may not have this issue: Scooby Doo doesn't owe its identity as an artwork to being as cartoon. But I feel Powerpuff Girls does.

Anyway I still hope it rocks. And will still probably watch it if the critical consensus is good and the promotional stuff seems promising.

AegisXIII

Awards
Wait, how come they didn't cast people with no fingers? This will give cgi artists such a headache...

Lulcy

Awards
Wait, how come they didn't cast people with no fingers? This will give cgi artists such a headache...
I'd be interested to see the show making them fingerless as a one-off, if just for the giggles.

Lulcy

Awards
Donald Faison casted as Professor Utonium.

Donald-Faison-Professor-Utonium.jpg

Lulcy

Awards
So this info flew by me,

Nicholas-Podany-Mojo-Jojo.jpg

‘Powerpuff Girls’ Live-Action Pilot at CW Finds Its Mojo Jojo in Nicholas Podany

Other sites are saying he's Mojo Jojo's son, not Mojo Jojo himself. And that would make more sense given the description here, too:
Nicholas Podany has joined the pilot in the role of Joseph “Jojo” Mondel Jr. As a kid, the nerdy, power-hungry, insecure JoJo was obsessed with The Powerpuff Girls, despite his father’s grudge against them. As an adult, JoJo finds his sweetness and rage in constant battle.

Though, what, are they going to say Mojo Jojo had a kid with a human and has a human son? I'm a little confused as what they're going for since there's no indication here that there will be any CGI or motion capture or anything involved.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I love Chloe and Dove, but holy shit this is gunna be hot trash

Back