• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CWOS: The Last Queen {OOC / Sign-Up}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Challenger approaching!

Haloge, the Dragon, Age 5169

Elder brother to the legendary beast slain by Dragonbane, Haloge was given great knowledge of the magical art by a wandering warlock so that he may avenge his brother's untimely demise. Though through a cruel twist of fate, the dragon found himself imprisoned inside a small, glass orb by the very same man who had just helped him. Time marched forward, ever relentless, until he was eventually freed by Izan, who he now aids in hope of exacting his revenge upon Dragonbane's descendants. While in the guise of a human, he acts the part of Izan's assistant.
Oh my god... dragon in a bottle!

I'm totally stealing your character's "dragon in a bottle" form at some point for a post. No idea how I'll make it work, but I will.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I have two schemes of what to do with Cathy. If any of you have any attachments to her, please make it known. On the other hand, it'll make an interesting twist in the future. *rubs my hands gleefully*

And if I went to far at all, feel free to speak up. :3 I enjoy any criticism in regards to my posts. It helps me grow and try to be more creative.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
It lives. Everybody can rest assured that it lives.

Soon enough, I'll get to a proper review of Sugar Lips' latest post -- but for now, I'll be hunched over the writing desk. Expect something substantial with my next post, and be ready to jump back into action.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
in this post: Inter-textuality and plagiarism!

Also, I had originally meant to write the post from the perspective of Brother Lazarus (one of "my" characters), but realized halfway through that it made more sense from Marutia's perspective, and so (once again) stole Ordeith's character.

Edit: I posted as my character too now.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Intertext and allusion and subtext and flashbacks and foreshadowing -- oh my!
Hidden and OmniChaos win this week's gold stars, along with my sincerest thanks.

Hopefully I can follow through with yet another post soon. As noted by Spurius himself/herself, it's about time for our characters to start doing things...

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm going to have to figure out what to do with Cathy, Bastian, and Finn. I'll try to have a post up soon... I may create a new character to keep things interesting and see if I gain approval for him/her/it?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm going to have to figure out what to do with Cathy, Bastian, and Finn. I'll try to have a post up soon... I may create a new character to keep things interesting and see if I gain approval for him/her/it?

As far as Cathy's story goes, feel free to make use of Urganda's help -- her spells, charms, potions, familiars, demons, etc. And new characters are accepted unconditionally, so feel free to introduce one whenever you see fit!

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
The Warlock said:
"I apologize for the late intrusion, Your Majesty, but I've a question I must ask: Would you like to be free?"
Yes please.

I'd actually like to see if we can coordinate a number of events on what looks to be a very eventful Saint Ophelia's Ball, namely 1) the Demon-Queen's escape (and triumphant return) to the Ivory Manse, 2) the Black Knight's (related?) escape from the Ivory Manse, and 3) the true Queen's awakening. If anyone else has anything to add to this list of (roughly) simultaneous events, please feel free to include them! I just think it would be neat to bring everything to a head on one fateful night.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'd actually like to see if we can coordinate a number of events on what looks to be a very eventful Saint Ophelia's Ball, namely 1) the Demon-Queen's escape (and triumphant return) to the Ivory Manse, 2) the Black Knight's (related?) escape from the Ivory Manse, and 3) the true Queen's awakening. If anyone else has anything to add to this list of (roughly) simultaneous events, please feel free to include them! I just think it would be neat to bring everything to a head on one fateful night.

Though I usually prefer to let the action of a roleplay happen from moment to moment, let's plan a rough outline of this, everyone! We could orchestrate a really nice peak to the story -- the first since the attack -- and get our characters moving again.

If everyone likes this approach, we can use the OOC thread as a brainstorming space for what will happen next. And if no one posts in the actual roleplay during the meantime, I have plenty of filler important character stuff from the Queen's perspective. I've already written two more "pages" in addition to "page one" of that dream sequence...

Speaking of which--

Queen Anastaise II, 89
Known to be wise and fair, loving and generous, intelligent and powerful, the Queen has all but surpassed her forbears' legacy. She inherited an age of relative peace, and used that peace to build the most enlightened nation in living memory. But now approaches the greatest war in living memory — and with it, all of the Queen's deepest fears have emerged. When a person is naught but a soul, what can fear do to her?

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I don't know if we even need a game plan as such--people can just post their intentions on the OOC, then start their relevant posts with "Day (or Night) of Saint Ophelia's Ball."

Anywho, I'll start. I intend for the Demon-Queen to escape from the Ivory Manse through whatever machinations the Warlock has in store (provided they are expedient) and possibly with the Black Knight in tow. Instead of escaping into the wider world, however, she crashes St. Ophelia's Ball and reinstates herself as Queen--in truth rather than name this time. How this fits into the Warlock's schemes I do not know, but if all goes well he will certainly have earned her favor, if not her trust.

Sir Bercilak and Prince Lucius may play bit roles in the ball scene.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Cathy's Role: was originally meant to become a assassin. Weirdly enough, some how the fairies became a bigger part of her character which I hadn't intended. Therefore, she'll have to awaken whatever dormant powers are lurking beneath her skin, root out the traitors within the castle and try to be rid herself of Bastian and his poisonous lies; probably try to reason with Finn? Tbh, I intended Cathy to die until the Enchantress had stepped in. Had Cathy died she could of been given a greater purpose and had more reason to be a stronger heroine. So... The ball scene beforehand was both a mistake for going to early with that scheme and I grow bored of Cathy as a whole. xD

Finnian's Role: was never to past the kitchen scene from the start. Somehow, I felt he had a lot of potential and could of been a love interest and best friend to Cathy. Unrequited love that messes with the lad's head could turn him into a great enemy or a sacrificial man for the one he loves or he dabbles in with the demons and falls from great heights into madness perhaps? He's still an NPC that anyone could move around and kind of hit and miss type of character that I keep misusing to some degree. I plan on dropping him for awhile until I can do something crazy with him. As a result he's still in the infirmary.

Bastian's Role: has a great interest in Cathy and wishes to use her. In my next post, I plan to explain the messing around in Cathy's head. A poison he injected to make her delirious and lose faith and trust in Finn. By doing this, I can rewrite my mistakes with Finn at most and the post I made previously won't be nearly as bad. It'll just create some sort of mistrust between himself and Cathy; which he continues to sway into his ways and make her trust him by throwing them into a unexpected situation. The ball being a start point and whatever demons he has in his closet will eventually make itself known. And to myself. He's kind of unpredictable and hot as a villain that could turn into a better man or stick to his ways. Time will tell.

I still haven't figured out what my next character shall be. So my next post will be slightly lengthy and hopefully fix a few things and start getting afoot. C:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Cathy's Role: was originally meant to become a assassin. Weirdly enough, some how the fairies became a bigger part of her character which I hadn't intended. Therefore, she'll have to awaken whatever dormant powers are lurking beneath her skin, root out the traitors within the castle and try to be rid herself of Bastian and his poisonous lies; probably try to reason with Finn? Tbh, I intended Cathy to die until the Enchantress had stepped in. Had Cathy died she could of been given a greater purpose and had more reason to be a stronger heroine. So... The ball scene beforehand was both a mistake for going to early with that scheme and I grow bored of Cathy as a whole. xD
Remember, though: This is only one version of Cathy, brought about by the natural progression of this draft. In other versions of the story, Cathy could assassinate the Demon-Queen before the new order is fully instated — or she could die trying, and join the true Queen's army as a spirit. Don't throw dear Cath'ee away yet!

Sugar Lips said:
Finnian's Role: was never to past the kitchen scene from the start. Somehow, I felt he had a lot of potential and could of been a love interest and best friend to Cathy. Unrequited love that messes with the lad's head could turn him into a great enemy or a sacrificial man for the one he loves or he dabbles in with the demons and falls from great heights into madness perhaps? He's still an NPC that anyone could move around and kind of hit and miss type of character that I keep misusing to some degree. I plan on dropping him for awhile until I can do something crazy with him. As a result he's still in the infirmary.
Love compels people to do crazy things...
Forging pacts with demons, freeing homicidal suits of armor from prison, purchasing fairy ears and assassin's garb from a costume shop...

That sort of thing.

Sugar Lips said:
Bastian's Role: has a great interest in Cathy and wishes to use her. In my next post, I plan to explain the messing around in Cathy's head. A poison he injected to make her delirious and lose faith and trust in Finn. By doing this, I can rewrite my mistakes with Finn at most and the post I made previously won't be nearly as bad. It'll just create some sort of mistrust between himself and Cathy; which he continues to sway into his ways and make her trust him by throwing them into a unexpected situation. The ball being a start point and whatever demons he has in his closet will eventually make itself known. And to myself. He's kind of unpredictable and hot as a villain that could turn into a better man or stick to his ways. Time will tell.

I still haven't figured out what my next character shall be. So my next post will be slightly lengthy and hopefully fix a few things and start getting afoot. C:

Bast has by far been your most perplexing character, and I mean that in the best possible sense. I'd love to see wildly different versions of him, as the roleplay continues...

------------------------------

To keep things lively, I'll be posting the continuation of my last post soon. Since the Queen's dream sequence is pretty well removed from everything else, I don't think that a double-or-triple-post will jostle things up too much.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Before I make any posts, I want to apologize for how long it's taking me to write one up! I could blame the holidays for it but, I was having some trouble on what to write and staring at a blink screen for an hour wasn't helping me much.

Ordeith said:
Remember, though: This is only one version of Cathy, brought about by the natural progression of this draft. In other versions of the story, Cathy could assassinate the Demon-Queen before the new order is fully instated — or she could die trying, and join the true Queen's army as a spirit. Don't throw dear Cath'ee away yet!

I'll try to keep that in mind. I kind of feel guilty for trying to be rid of the girl so soon. After some much long thought, I think Cathy will be having some more misfortune that twists into something else entirely. From there, she'll have to decide what to make of the real truth is and which Queen she's really helping. Given I only know so much about the true Queen vs. the Demon-Queen.

Ordeith said:
Love compels people to do crazy things...
Forging pacts with demons, freeing homicidal suits of armor from prison, purchasing fairy ears and assassin's garb from a costume shop...

That sort of thing.

More or less.
However, he might return to being an NPC. My main focus remains on Bastian and Cathy.

Ordeith said:
Bast has by far been your most perplexing character, and I mean that in the best possible sense. I'd love to see wildly different versions of him, as the roleplay continues...

Oh, given what I came up with... he's going to be a lot more perplexing as a character. Definitely my favorite character right now with a mix personality that's going to hopefully be expanded upon the more we rp together. :D Which leaves me excited.

UPDATE: NEVER TRUST GOOGLE DOCS! All of that work... gone... I tried retrieving it, but refuses to go back to my last edit. I lost two hours of sleep. I will post what I lost... when I wake again.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The papers have been submitted...

The exams have concluded...

It's over. I'm back.

My thanks for your patience, everyone. Sugar Lips, your new character has piqued my interest already.
I appreciate your struggles with Google Docs, by the way — I've had some similar experiences, and with things more important than RP posts.

Anyway, you all can expect something from me immediately — if not sooner.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
*promised a post over the weekend*

*is 9 pm on Sunday and still hasn't started post*

ugh, why do I promise things

Edit: Posted. Technically Monday, but whatever. I'm also not sure if this post belongs in the roleplay thread or the OOC thread. You decide.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Happy Saturnalia, everybody! I hope you're ready for ... something. I have several plans in store for this roleplay, but I have yet to decide which to enact right now. Expect something after the Queen's awakening, which should take place in my next post.

In the meantime, feel free to have fun with the setting. Anyone who introduces a new location, be it big or small, will earn a special "prize" later on.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
*promised a post sometime during the week*

*is 1 am on the following Monday and still hasn't started post*

Yeah, not gonna happen this time. I'll do my damnedest to post soon though!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I know I'm belated in making a post in this rp. I will have a post up sometime tonight or tomorrow. I've been away for a bit on account of studying really hard. Therefore, I owe you guys a post or two.

EDIT!

Posted! I swear this doesn't effect what was formerly planned in regards to Cathy. This was more of a push to reveal more of what Eva can do and well... help the fey side in Cathy. Although, she's still a duckling that needs pushes in the right direction.

This also went differently from what I originally had in mind. lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back