• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CWOS: The Last Queen {OOC / Sign-Up}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Instead of gushing over each individual detail, I'll just say that variety is a wonderful thing — and madness and secret messages fit this RP to a "T." Expect a post from me soon-ish, and with it some added direction* to the narrative.

*To be followed, twisted, or ignored as you see fit

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I have no idea what I was doing with my post. I'm not exactly content with it, but it'll have to do until I can get to it later. :3 I think I'll end up leaving it alone. It wasn't necessarily all bad... or I'd like your guy's opinions first before tackling my post again.

On a brighter note, I like the direction everyone is going with! I laughed at a line Ordeith used from a previous post in regards to the Warlock/Chamberlain. The hidden message Hidden used was clever thinking. And Nami using poetry for her post was outstanding. Just wanted to say that before going to sleep. Oh how I'll regret staying up till 5am.

EDIT: Finnian doesn't believe in demons and happens to be skeptical. Hence why he calls the Enchantress a jester.

Lastly, I wanted to thank all of you for patiently waiting for my technical difficulties to be fixed. :) So thank you!

Last edited:

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Sugar Lips said:
The hidden message Hidden used was clever thinking.

I... I can't believe I missed this pun on my own name. How did I miss the opportunity to pun my own name?

/shame

Zg19dvB.jpg

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
KidD, Royal Alchemist of the Golden Fist- Age 13

Once thought to be the a rising prodigy in the underground community. His unique ability craft artificial tokens started at 5. Being born in an orphanage instilled a bitter heart to go with his small figure and prominent mind. The only thing keeping him out of trouble was his fairy godmother. He likes to keep his pact secret from his colleagues and royal family. Though intuitive he often misjudges character, and rarely trust anyone.

Trisk, KidD's Fairy Guardian- Age 123

A fairy that met KidD when he was just an infant. She was the one who found him and brought him to his orphan home. In a moment she instantly fell in love. Once he showed signs of intelligence, she decided to make herself known. She now guards over him as a mother would her own. Her control of the forest and plant life is essential in KidD's rise to his royal stature.

Hitro Aer, Royal Astrologer- Age 23

Often referred to as, Celes De Anon in the underground community. Once your every day Freelancer, often taking interest in hunting, looting caves, and selling his items on the black market. This all changed when he encountered a near death angel within a cave, recently fallen from their spiritual sanctuary to the physical plane. Though he hid and aided it back to health, once it woke it slayed him on sight. Due to guilt, the angel journey to hell to save him and brought him back through a pact. The only thing keeping him alive is his pact and the resulting token within a small box on his belt. He is the royal astrologer for his 129,600 Chapter book titled, Celestial Haze.

Irene the Serene, Hitro's Guardian Angel- Age 2 eons

Irene was a guardian of her sector. Due to a divine rebellion she was tossed in the hands of fate. Once a captain of her squad, she fought against the demons in a seemingly never ending battle, until she was tossed from the front lines into the physical realm. After making the pact with Hitro she resides within his token, stuck in limbo, unable to go back to the spiritual realm. Due to these events, she often remains present in the physical world as his assistant who secretly wrote all his infamous books on astrology and is the sole reason for his royal status and prestige.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Welcome aboard, me hearty! 'Yer characters have been added to the ship's crew.

On this vessel, we've little in the way of rules, so feel free to set cannons ablaze.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Ok... So I was gonna read every post and decided to see if I can get an overview or roll call on placement haha the lazy syndrome kicked in.

Normally, I'd simply oblige you, but that's actually a tricky request. Not only does our cast span multiple places, but multiple time frames — and timelines. Different versions of events have been written, and while some versions are more "legitimate" than others, you're free to follow any of them. Alternatively, you can write in an entirely separate time and place.

To give you a sparse overview, though...

The Queen's body has been possessed by a demon whose response to royal duties and clothing has been lukewarm at best. She seems to be plotting some sort of escape from her magical bonds — or to test them, at any rate. Already she has heard the plans of the grasping Prince Lucius. She has also made quite the lackey out of Sir Bercilak the Green.

Elsewhere in the Ivory Manse, servants are being rounded up by the Warlock Izan for use in sinister experiments. Fortunately for them, he seems quite erratic in his desires; he halted his roundup to quarrel with Urganda the Enchantress about "stolen ingredients." Urganda, meanwhile, wishes to communicate some plan to royal taster Cathy Fairchild — perhaps a course of action to keep non-magical problems out of her notice?

The Queen's soul rests in the Green Chapel, a ruin within the fairy-governed forest, watched over by the Archangel Marutia. Vagrant souls, including the soul of Fort Londe's Captain Edgar, are seeking out the dead queen-in-exile. The exiled jester Gibbyr Witticus is lurking somewhere nearby.

The Black Knight sits in his designated cell, seemingly forgotten.

The Queen's handmaid and secret lover, Helena, has hatched a scheme to reveal the demonic imposter.

I'll have my promised post up tonight or tomorrow, everyone.
Barring a disaster of life-threatening scale, nothing will stop me from posting by that time.

In addition to this post, I'll also be drawing up some notes from Spurius — information that I'm too lazy to reveal through proper storytelling and exposition. I'll be posting it here, and you can make of it what you will.

EDIT: Urganda's business got a little too wordy, so expect yet another post to follow my latest.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'll be posting in the RP thread shortly, but I'd like to send out some feelers first...

How is everybody doing? I'm aware of a few different situations, but it seems eerily quiet around here.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm doing alright, internet is stable, and its been stormy lately. I'll get a post in tonight.

Speaking of posts, do I acknowledge the note left in your last post addressed to Cathy, Ordeith?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm doing alright, internet is stable, and its been stormy lately. I'll get a post in tonight.
Well, that's good to hear! Few things are worse than a persistent Internet problem.
Hopefully I can follow your post in a timely manner.

Speaking of posts, do I acknowledge the note left in your last post addressed to Cathy, Ordeith?
If you so choose! I actually wrote that in lieu of normal prose, because I was too tired to spend any more time writing. Had Urganda simply ... spoken to Cathy, she would have said the same thing.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I have no doubt in mind you will post again relatively soon, Ordeith. You post in a timely manner that I fear it is I that won't do thy same. But yes, it's quite nice not having to worry about a persistent Internet problem anymore. Dreadful tree rats squirrels were funnily enough, the source of the problem.

I chose to follow your note and move Cathy forward. I hope that's alright with you? This post ended up writing itself, but I will be adding a dialog to accompany it shortly in a spoiler box. :3

SwagStarIV

Awards
Sorry for not posting yet. I have been contemplating on how to start, and completely forgot about the OOC's haha Thanks for the run-down. I want to start with you guys, since you two seem to be the active ones, but as far as the scenarios go I like the one with the Green Chapel. Before I post, I'm guessing with the vague setting of each character I could join multiple Timelines and scenarios

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'll quote Ordeith on this one. I asked similar questions in the beginning, SwagStar. :) So hopefully this helps you out.

Ordeith said:
The castle — and, for that matter, the world — has no predetermined map or design, so feel free to make it up as you write. Rather than bind you to a set style, the "Spurius" gimmick is meant to give you more options than controlling a single character. You're the author-god of this world, just as much as any one of us. Don't worry about power-playing or respecting boundaries; just have fun!

Yup. My job — instead of creating the entire world myself — is to stitch together any unsightly seams, and make sure that someone doesn't try to rip the entire fabric apart. No tug-'o-war conflicts here; just easy, fun storytelling.

The best part is that we can change what we've previously decided, through the draft system. If it manages to survive for long enough, this RP will have a many-branched story, like a chaotic "Choose Your Own Adventure" novel.

SwagStarIV

Awards
Ok well I'm gonna start one day before the Queens awakening, but everything I'm writing now is not really happening. Its just a dream of KidD's. I will keep it going as long as necessary. Post every now and then to keep the RP active, and better prepare for my intro into you guys time frame

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Oh, geez! I'm sorry for the abrupt silence, everyone.
Time just slipped away from me...

SwagStarIV, do as you please. Oddly enough, none of us has written a dream sequence yet — so this should be fun to watch as it unfolds. Keep in mind, though, that none of us is bound to a single time frame. Don't feel obliged to wait for us to catch up! (At the same time, though, don't feel pressured to break away from the group.)

Thanks, Sugar Lips, for providing the bulk of my response.

If anyone is feeling stuck, try using some of these prompts/hints/cues for inspiration.

Bear in mind that these are only suggestions. I don't want to direct the roleplay myself, and in doing so make it less of roleplay. Feel free to expand, ignore, subvert, and otherwise play with these...

• Ghosts are flocking — from everywhere — to the Green Chapel.
  • The Pontiff is going to start a new demon-centric liturgy in the Church.
  • A feast day is approaching, with games and revelry to be enjoyed by all.
  • It's time to clean out the dungeons of Fort Londe.
  • A ball is being hosted at the Ivory Manse, to ... ease suspicions, one would hope?
  • Disturbing news has arrived from the South.
  • The local fairy population is stirring up trouble.
  • A kitchen explosion.
  • The conspirators meet to plan their next move.
  • The conspirators meet for their weekly book club.
  • Demons are being spotted throughout the kingdom.
  • Nights are growing longer; days, shorter.
  • The capital city of Drakenburg is all astir! Why?
  • A strange illness is spreading.

It should be evident that all of these events can't happen at once — but that shouldn't be an obstacle, no?

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
You're welcome, Ordeith. ;3

Funny you should mention a kitchen explosion. I edited in my previous post to change what happened and introduced a new NPC. Which anybody can control. Except I had some plans of my own with the NPC and his interest in Cathy. But since you mentioned we can still break away from the timeline, and keep posting what happens next without waiting on anybody in particular, I may just do that tonight.

SwagStarIV

Awards
I had one of those, internet gave out and I took to long, so post didn't count, and I had redo the whole thing, but instead chose the lazy approach of waiting to do it on another day then found myself lost for the inspiration illness. Fortunatley, I am now ready haha :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back