• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cutscene Confusion: Roxas talking as Sora would? SPOILER ALERT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternamente926

It should go without saying, but Spoiler Alert; I've included a link to a very late cutscene, so obviously clicking the link will lead to a spoiler (even though we all know what happens in Kingdom Hearts II. Well, most of us do. Yay, assumptions).

Anywho.

I was watching the cutscenes from 358/2 Days on Youtube, because unfortunately I do not own this game, nor do I own a DS (sadface). I had watched the cutscenes some time ago in Japanese (with English subtitles, thank you translators), and even then this one cutscene had me baffled. So, here is the cutscene that has me baffled:

Cutscene that has me confuzzled.

Riku and Roxas clash, and Riku taunts him with the line, "Come on, Sora, I thought you were stronger than that." Roxas then responds with, "Get real! Look which one of us is winning!" He then realizes what he's said, and quickly covers his mouth in shock.

My confusion is thusly. Was Roxas talking as Sora would (meaning, Sora's thoughts were coming out of Roxas' mouth and voice), or was Sora's voice literally coming out of Roxas' mouth. I guess the basic question is ... Did Jesse McCartney or Haley Joel Osment speak those lines?

I suppose there is some fact to this if Osment actually spoke the lines, but if it was McCartney I suppose there is a bit of debate still to be had ... although I can't think of what that is right now. Feel free to discuss, but for my own curiosity I'm wondering which voice actor spoke those lines.

Awards
There's two factors in play here:

1. Roxas responds to the name "Sora." He intuitively talks back when Riku calls him Sora and only realizes, in shock, afterward.

2. The response Roxas gives has a competitive edge, akin to the attitude Sora had as Riku's rival on DI.

K

kingdomfighter5

Osment did not speak the lines. His name is not in the credits and I could even tell it was McCartney who did utter those words. But Grace Assassin has the main Idea. Roxas responded to the name 'Sora' and had the attitude that Sora would have when battling Riku. It is not Sora per say speaking. but it shows that Sora is definitely within Roxas and has broken the unconscious barrier between Roxas and Sora.

Eternamente926

Oh, Haley Joel Osment is listed in the credits, but I also forgot Sora is an unlockable secret character. Therefore Osment would have been credited for the attack sound files used.

I like these responses... thanks much :D

K

kingdomfighter5

Oh yeah I read them again. I was more focused on the In memory of Wayne Allwine

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It is not Sora per say speaking. but it shows that Sora is definitely within Roxas and has broken the unconscious barrier between Roxas and Sora.

There is no "unconscious" barrier to speak of. Roxas, by then, had all but the entirety of Sora's Memories inside him. To top it all, Out of the people that received Sora's Memories, Roxas was the one that seems to have absorbed Sora's Memories of Riku. Hence, he responded as the Memories inside him would dictate him to respond.
Sora isn't inside Roxas. Eventually it was the other way around. Roxas was just acting like he 'remembered' he 'should' act around Riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back