• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cutscene After Mission 57

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
ok, after that eliminate the commanders mission in wonderland, we see a scene with axel in some sort of library at The Castle That NEver Was, he is in a book called "The Truth About Namine." did you guys notice this? and do you think we will get a hold on that book later in the series?

Tiax

ok, after that eliminate the commanders mission in wonderland, we see a scene with axel in some sort of library at The Castle That NEver Was, he is in a book called "The Truth About Namine." did you guys notice this? and do you think we will get a hold on that book later in the series?

I doubt it. The 'Truth' was most likely something we all knew anyway.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
He was in Castle Oblivion and was reading up Vexen's left-behind research.
If it was something we already knew about, I doubt they'd have kept it hidden from us. What truth? That Namine is Kairi's Nobody?
I'd sooner say it's the true nature of her existence, something even in KH2 was only speculated about. With the BBS relations in the game, it could've said she was an Unverse or something.
Otherwise, it's completely redundant to keep it hidden.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I was disappointed that the contents of that report wasn't shown.

It might have just been as simple as Namine being Kairi's Nobody, but I don't think Vexen was one to deal with mysteries with such simplicity, especially with Namine's existence being in need of so much explanation.

Personally, I think Vexen's report indicated that Namine was composed of Sora's body and soul, and perhaps the reason they didn't show it to the audience was because they didn't want to address the issue of what Roxas was composed of then, (since Roxas' existence is more relevant to BBS).

A

Azrael

I was disappointed that the contents of that report wasn't shown.

It might have just been as simple as Namine being Kairi's Nobody, but I don't think Vexen was one to deal with mysteries with such simplicity, especially with Namine's existence being in need of so much explanation.

Personally, I think Vexen's report indicated that Namine was composed of Sora's body and soul, and perhaps the reason they didn't show it to the audience was because they didn't want to address the issue of what Roxas was composed of then, (since Roxas' existence is more relevant to BBS).

Or that Namine is a true nobody. Made out of nothing.

A

Audo

He was in Castle Oblivion and was reading up Vexen's left-behind research.
If it was something we already knew about, I doubt they'd have kept it hidden from us. What truth? That Namine is Kairi's Nobody?
I'd sooner say it's the true nature of her existence, something even in KH2 was only speculated about. With the BBS relations in the game, it could've said she was an Unverse or something.
Otherwise, it's completely redundant to keep it hidden.
Or you know, showing the contents of it would have been what made it completely redundant, if it was information we already knew.

Awards
Or you know, showing the contents of it would have been what made it completely redundant, if it was information we already knew.

I think you could say that to be the case, had the cutscene actually had any context to it.

They threw it in randomly. And, as far as I can see, it had no bearing on anything in Days. Axel doesn't mention it again.

Since that's the case, I think they are actually trying to hint at something. And since the content wasn't shown, it must be something we don't know. It's not all too surprising given that Sora noted how he forgot to thank Namine. Her story is open ended at the moment and needs to be resolved. There's more of her to come, and whether or not we'll actually see her again (doubt it), I think some of it involves things we didn't know about her.

A

Audo

Or it was to give fans who were to new to the series, some questions to be asking themselves, before moving onto the definite answers in KH2.

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
I think you could say that to be the case, had the cutscene actually had any context to it.

They threw it in randomly. And, as far as I can see, it had no bearing on anything in Days. Axel doesn't mention it again.

Since that's the case, I think they are actually trying to hint at something. And since the content wasn't shown, it must be something we don't know. It's not all too surprising given that Sora noted how he forgot to thank Namine. Her story is open ended at the moment and needs to be resolved. There's more of her to come, and whether or not we'll actually see her again (doubt it), I think some of it involves things we didn't know about her.
i am goin to agree more with this
Or it was to give fans who were to new to the series, some questions to be asking themselves, before moving onto the definite answers in KH2.
not this

Awards

That's a pretty obscure way to make questions for new fans.
If that's the case, you'd figure they'd do something more noticeable (something that couldn't be mistaken as a secret that no fan knows) such as, for example, Axel outwardly wondering who Namine is the Nobody of. Instead we get a scene of him reading the "Truth About Namine" - a truth that is neither revealed nor even referenced again in the game.

And, really, why would the fact that Namine is Kairi's Nobody be kept as a record with that title - "The Truth About Namine." That would mean that Namine being Kairi's Nobody is something kept secret from most of the Organization- and I see no purpose in that. She's Kairi's Nobody. So?

"The Truth About Namine" implies that there is either something untruthful about Namine or at least something that isn't the entire truth.

A

Audo

"The Truth" could merely be the explanation of how she has control over people's memories, being that it is her birth via Sora. What may have been more commonly known was that she was Kairi's Nobody, but the truth is, that she was born via Sora.

Or you know, it could just be used as a way for people to understand why it was that Axel let Nami escape, days later. It is Axel knowing who Nami's somebody is that leads him to capture Kairi in KH2, in hopes of bringing them together (as stated by the novels). This truly could just be an attempt to give backstory to his actions.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actions which were never expanded upon in-game, need I remind you.

What makes me not think this really relates to "omfg Namine is Kairi's Nobody" is the constant comparison between Namine and Xion when Axel is concerned in the game. Axel keeps saying Xion looks like Namine in the reports once he gets to see her face, and Saix even throws in half a word about both girls being Axel's 'favorite people'.
Arguably, it could tie in with Kairi and what not, but Xion broke away enough from that to make me go "meh :\".

Everyone had their perceptions of Xion, but the game came up and tossed them to the hollow winds. Hell, Axel even making an issue out of how the girls look alike with Xion's looks being nothing more than a big, fat, red herring makes me wonder all the more about the content of that report.

Also, KoV. Something that came to mind about the possibility of discussing their make ups. Aside from me thinking Namine having Sora's B+S makes all but no sense, it kind of makes the point in the novels where Axel does compare Namine to Roxas as far as Nobodies are concerned redundant. Now that might be part of the novels that would be retconned out of canonity later, but I think that if he knew she was made up of Sora's B+S he'd have gone about things in a different way, both with Kairi as well as Sora.

A

Audo

Actions which were never expanded upon in-game, need I remind you.
The scenario was written by the author of the novels, she could have thrown it in for her own wants of an action to be explained.

Axel compared her to Nami and not Kairi because he had never met Kairi. All three girls have the same face, so really, it was just an issue of him having someone else to compare her to than Kairi.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I find that hard to believe. They went the length of having that Axel-Saix chat about them to draw similarities more than just in the visuals. And both of them tracing to Castle Oblivion with unknown origins and all. While I'm not saying they couldn't just be pulling our legs here (Xion's looks is one big red herring), I find it hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back