• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cut Content

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LostArtist

Awards
I avoided fighting in Scala for a bit so I could run around and explore the area, I didn't just land in a cool new world just to get my butt beat by high heeled goat people.

I hope Scala is properly explorable in later games, it's a shame that such an awesome looking world is only reduced to a battle field.

What's weird is that they have that one field music that plays for just one cutscene up until the enemies pop up again. Surely that wasn't made just for that one moment right? T_T
[video=youtube;de6t_38q-zk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de6t_38q-zk[/video]

edit: oh oops you mentioned that already
Scala ad Caelum has definitely been chopped up as well. I can't imagine them designing this beautiful world AND composing a field theme for it only for what... 10 seconds? And I guess you explore it while you fight, but is that really exploration?

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah I am wondering what resulted in worlds like Scala being so small, and stuff like that. I don't think things like enemies moving around from trailers to final product means much.

Pooh definitely felt like an afterthought as well. I can't tell if it was time or space that was "the issue". Cuz yes, I remember his comments on space as well.

Original worlds were cut because Disney needed KHIII to be a giant Disney ad.

I sadly have to agree with you

I don't lol. None of these movies needed advertising. If anything, its the opposite.

LostArtist

Awards
100 acre wood in kh3 is the strangest thing ever, I really want to know what happened behind the scenes

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Difference being that there is nothing else to do in Scala but fight. There are no chests, and there's nothing to interact with..

You can still explore the scenery though.
As far as I know the final battle arena also never had any chests or similar gimmicks.

Yeah, if it really were a problem of disc space they could have simply put 2 discs, as Rockstar did for RDR2.

That would obviously be a solution but if I am to be honest I haven't seen multiple disc games on consoles since the PS1 era outside of a very few exceptions like you mention.

Putting much of the cut content into a single large DLC package (as Nomura suggests) is probably much more cost effective than having it all done on a second physical disc.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Namine has an in-game model despite only appearing in the pre-rendered scene at the end, and unless I missed something, the same goes for Minnie, Daisy, and Pluto.

Terranort is depicted in the character entries as wearing the black coat but we, correct me if I'm wrong, only ever see him in Terra's normal clothes (not counting Xehanort's big wall making scene where everyone is hooded.)

Megavoltage

Awards
What’s the deal with Zack, Cloud, and Sephiroth? I don’t care if Final Fantasy characters are getting tossed out of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, I really wanted this old subplot to have a proper conclusion before the next saga. Come on, Final Mix. Don’t let me down.

Edit: they even showed Cloud's statue reminding the players about him but then nothing happened. I thought it was really strange. Cut content? Or did the writers just stop caring about this?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
What’s the deal with Zack, Cloud, and Sephiroth? I don’t care if Final Fantasy characters are getting tossed out of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, I really wanted this old subplot to have a proper conclusion before the next saga. Come on, Final Mix. Don’t let me down.

Edit: they even showed Cloud's statue reminding the players about him but then nothing happened. I thought it was really strange. Cut content? Or did the writers just stop caring about this?

Writers probably stopped caring. I think we can assume that Zack still died somehow. It would have been cool to see him in the Underworld or something in 2 but that would expect them to plan farther ahead then they probably do. Also, wasn't Crisis Core still new-ish when BBS came out? Like a year or so? And they were both on the same console, so it's kinda like a "HEY WE'RE SELLING THIS TOO" type thing.

I really wish more creators who plan on doing series would do more preplanning. Worst case you don't get as many titles as you'd expect and end up having to scrap some ideas or just reveal those ideas online in a blog or something to reveal what would have happened, best case scenario you get to tell a really coherent story. Look at One Piece. Oda planned so far ahead with One Piece there are little if no continuity errors in OP at all, because that dude knew what he was doing.

Lulcy

Awards
Does anyone remember this?

96e278435b78b9c7d90eea97840ba99490a20f58_hq.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I mean @Zephyr drew that from the 2.5 event and that was a rough estimate of what the room Xehanort and Eraqus play chess in is. When we saw that video, it was in first person view of Sora opening the door to this room and was very clearly a dev thing.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If they expand Scala ad Caelum in the DLC, I'd like to be able to visit the chess room as Sora. I want to see his reaction as he sees a battered and old chess set with scattered pieces. Maybe it would remind him of him and Riku

Back