• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cut Content

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SerDuncan

Alright, now that the game is out, and we're looking forward to DLC, I thought it might be prudent to go back through previous images, interviews and trailers, and see what didn't end up in the final game. Perhaps some of this cut content got moved to future DLC, or it just got sliced for one reason or another from the entire game.

Going all the way back to the OG trailers, it seems like we lost some sort of number that used to be next to the Focus bar. Not exactly sure what it used to be, but so be it.

In the E3 2015 trailer, we can see that there at one point was meant to be more heartless in Twilight Town, and that the Attraction Flow animation was originally designed to be more cinematic.

In the Jump Fest 2016 trailer, we see what I can assume is the most glaring disappearance. It appears that the Mysterious Tower was a fully rendered, playable world at some point. I would like to assume this points to it be playable in DLC, but it could just be that the world was cut due to a lack of content and things to do in the Tower itself.

The Orchestra trailer seems mostly the same, although areas of Olympus seems to have been... reordered perhaps? Moving that fight to a different area? I can't quite tell. Past that, the trailers all match up to the game, apart from one line in a Toy Story trailer where Rex compares Donald and Goofy to Yozora's compatriots.

I'm not really the best at digging through past interviews and the like, but one thing I did find was Nomura's mention of Critical Mode. Of course, it was quite a big deal when the interviews were edited to remove any mention of the mode. What exactly does that mean?

Does anyone else have anything that might have been cut, or perhaps interviews and video that don't match up with what we got? Or any thoughts on this current stuff?

2 quid is good

Awards
Twilight Town definitely got a chop somewhere in development.

My guess is after the luminous fiasco they laser focused on making Disney shine and just shoved original stuff onto either end, which really isn't all that great. I wonder if luminous had plans for a playable RG?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I wonder if Nomura has a director’s cut-esque DLC planned for the game later on?

Well, he did say that there might be one big content DLC coming eventually (which would probably equal the "Final Mix" expansion from older games) rather than multiple smaller ones like FF XV did.

He also said he'd rather focus on the next game rather than draw things out with multiple DLCs over a year so that one package will most likely be all there is.

Personally I think there is much more missing than a few areas in Disney worlds though especially when it comes to proper character interactions outside of Sora and the rushed clusterfuck that is the finale where there is too much crammed into a small time frame.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well, he did say that there might be one big content DLC coming eventually (which would probably equal the "Final Mix" expansion from older games) rather than multiple smaller ones like FF XV did.

He also said he'd rather focus on the next game rather than draw things out with multiple DLCs over a year so that one package will most likely be all there is.

Personally I think there is much more missing than a few areas in Disney worlds though especially when it comes to proper character interactions outside of Sora and the rushed clusterdiddly that is the finale where there is too much crammed into a small time frame.
It feels like whatever Riku's side was supposed to be was chopped up and cut. Two tiny battles hardly say "second playable character" to me.

This is the first time I find myself truly craving a good DLC.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It feels like whatever Riku's side was supposed to be was chopped up and cut. Two tiny battles hardly say "second playable character" to me.

An extended Riku campaign is the perfect opportunity to make Radiant Garden playable. It could be a good starting point to find out more information about the mysterious girl on behalf of Isa and Lea's request.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
An extended Riku campaign is the perfect opportunity to make Radiant Garden playable. It could be a good starting point to find out more information about the mysterious girl on behalf of Isa and Lea's request.
And expand on the Realm of Darkness journey, since the Dark World assets from 0.2 are right there.

Also possibly give on screen scenes of Riku and Mickey obtaining their new keyblades, because that was awfully abrupt.

deScourge

And expand on the Realm of Darkness journey, since the Dark World assets from 0.2 are right there.

Also possibly give on screen scenes of Riku and Mickey obtaining their new keyblades, because that was awfully abrupt.

Maybe they just found them in a chest, like in KH2.
I need a midpoint in KH3 story, because it feels like... just a Beginning&Ending.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I need a midpoint in KH3 story, because it feels like... just a Beginning&Ending.

The midpoint could be Kairi/Axel visiting a few worlds to gain confidence as keyblade wielders. You play as Kairi with Axel as your party member. This can happen while Aqua/Ven are saved, so you can see their interactions with each other and SDG and Riku/Mickey. Also, we can get Kairi interacting with other people like Disney characters. I would love for her to visit Never Land and meet Peter Pan. She tells him about a boy named Sora and he mentions that he met him and said that he really wanted to bring a girl named Kairi to Never Land to fly with him.

Wallflower3582

Yeah. And then maybe they can mention why Demon Tower decided to give Riku a haircut and why the heck nobody ever even mentions it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yen Sid’s tower surprised me the most since it was an area that seemed ready in 2015 (not ready as in complete but ready as in playable). The tower has never really had much going for it so I get that it’s an easy toss, but they did prepare a new title card for it so I imagine the decision may have come later than earlier?

Yeah. And then maybe they can mention why Demon Tower decided to give Riku a haircut and why the heck nobody ever even mentions it.
This is like, one of the worst things about Nomura’s writing.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Indeed, it's not much more than the one battle you can do as Aqua.

It's funny because I was in very much the same boat before KH III would out, but back then I didn't imagine just how chopped up or rushed some parts of the narrative would be.

All I personally need would be some scenes where the original characters interact with each other and actually show the bonds they have with each other and Sora/Riku.
The reunion scenes between TAV and RAX are so sweet and well done, but they would be even better if they would be embedded in a better framework involving those characters before and after said scenes.

Perhaps also some opportunities where they just wander around as NPCs so you can take selfies i.e. with Aqua, Ven, Xion or Roxas.

Even better would be instead of cramming in more UX shenanigans to let Mickey and Riku interact with Aeleus, Dilan and Ienzo, two of them were actually the ones who engaged with Riku in Castle Oblivion and never even met Sora. Perhaps also involve the Chamber of Repose and let Mickey and Riku reclaim Aqua's armor and Keyblade to hand it back to her when she's saved.

The whole "mysterious girl"-stuff doesn't even come up until the day before the final battle and it is something between Isa and Lea alone, no one else knows about it.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I honestly think that we are all in agreement in saying that Riku's travels to Radiant Garden should be middle world content. An illusion battle against Ienzo to test Riku's newfound strength before heading to The Realm of Darkness would be cool.

Onion Knight

Yen Sid's Tower as a world probably would have been pointless anyway. It's way too small.

Laurel

Awards
Wasn't there a trailer long ago that was shown to only a certain amount of people and it showed gameplay footage of Sora in Scala ad Caelum? (back then it was called Cable Town) Someone made concept art of Sora being inside what looked like a library, it looked similar to the room that Xehanort and Eraqus were playing chess.

Zerkania

Awards
Wasn't there a trailer long ago that was shown to only a certain amount of people and it showed gameplay footage of Sora in Scala ad Caelum? (back then it was called Cable Town) Someone made concept art of Sora being inside what looked like a library, it looked similar to the room that Xehanort and Eraqus were playing chess.

That was quite early in development actually, I wonder if that got scrapped because of the change from Luminous to Unreal Engine 4. Scala is huge and beautiful, and it may have been really hard to design the whole world over. Especially if it was just meant for Sora to go a little bit until he reached the chess piece and the final battle starts shortly after.

des97

Awards
Yen Sid's Tower as a world probably would have been pointless anyway. It's way too small.
According to this statement, each non-Disney world the game provides is pointless as they are too small. Speaking of which, I really didn't like the treatment of non-Disney worlds. We need more.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I'm actually a bit disappointed that the tower got cut now that it think about it. Would have been nice to have a place to be able to talk to the others outside a cutscene. That aspect was sorely missing.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Indeed, it's not much more than the one battle you can do as Aqua.

It's funny because I was in very much the same boat before KH III would out, but back then I didn't imagine just how chopped up or rushed some parts of the narrative would be.

All I personally need would be some scenes where the original characters interact with each other and actually show the bonds they have with each other and Sora/Riku.
The reunion scenes between TAV and RAX are so sweet and well done, but they would be even better if they would be embedded in a better framework involving those characters before and after said scenes.

Perhaps also some opportunities where they just wander around as NPCs so you can take selfies i.e. with Aqua, Ven, Xion or Roxas.

Even better would be instead of cramming in more UX shenanigans to let Mickey and Riku interact with Aeleus, Dilan and Ienzo, two of them were actually the ones who engaged with Riku in Castle Oblivion and never even met Sora. Perhaps also involve the Chamber of Repose and let Mickey and Riku reclaim Aqua's armor and Keyblade to hand it back to her when she's saved.

The whole "mysterious girl"-stuff doesn't even come up until the day before the final battle and it is something between Isa and Lea alone, no one else knows about it.

Doesn't Ansem Seeker of Darkness mention her to Ansem the Wise and Aqua? Not that I think the latter even knew or cared what was happening lol. Also I realize that still wouldn't help the suggestion of Riku looking for her. Just...I remember her being mentioned multiple times throughout the game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Doesn't Ansem Seeker of Darkness mention her to Ansem the Wise and Aqua? Not that I think the latter even knew or cared what was happening lol. Also I realize that still wouldn't help the suggestion of Riku looking for her. Just...I remember her being mentioned multiple times throughout the game.

She was, but her being mentioned in this game didn't really add anything to this game.

It is one of those plot point this game brings up as if they are relavant to this game's story only to than ignore them. Much like the new Princesses, it wouldn't have made much of a difference, if she wasn't brought up in this game at all or only in the Lea and Isa scenes.

Back