• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Custom Keyblades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

aweomeness96

Looking at the different kind of keyblades that TAV have, I've noticed that they have "custom" keyblades: Terra has the big, bulky keyblade that will HURT when he puts his strength into it. Ven has the very long but thin and his is made to be held backwards for speed. Aqua's is a little bit shorter, and will help make her magic stronger...

What my question is, is why didn't Sora get a custom keyblade? His is just like King Mickey's, but with inverted colors... Riku got his first REAL keyblade to be a "custom" keyblade (way to the dawn as his keyblade of princesses hearts wasn't a REAL keyblade)...
Heck, even Kairi got her own custom... So what I want to know, is what is your guys' theories on why Sora and Mickey got practically the same one...

Swordsaint

Looking at the different kind of keyblades that TAV have, I've noticed that they have "custom" keyblades: Terra has the big, bulky keyblade that will HURT when he puts his strength into it. Ven has the very long but thin and his is made to be held backwards for speed. Aqua's is a little bit shorter, and will help make her magic stronger...

What my question is, is why didn't Sora get a custom keyblade? His is just like King Mickey's, but with inverted colors... Riku got his first REAL keyblade to be a "custom" keyblade (way to the dawn as his keyblade of princesses hearts wasn't a REAL keyblade)...
Heck, even Kairi got her own custom... So what I want to know, is what is your guys' theories on why Sora and Mickey got practically the same one...

I always figured that in the first game there were no plans for more keyblades beyond the light realms and the dark realms. so the first game had the dark realms be the inverse of the kingdom key to reflect the dark realm being the opposite of light.

my opinion is that after that first game the story evolved since nomura knew he had success and changing their keyblades would be a plot hole. =/

aweomeness96

I always figured that in the first game there were no plans for more keyblades beyond the light realms and the dark realms. so the first game had the dark realms be the inverse of the kingdom key to reflect the dark realm being the opposite of light.

my opinion is that after that first game the story evolved since nomura knew he had success and changing their keyblades would be a plot hole. =/

ok, you're right with that, but what i dont see is why he DIDN'T have a custom keyblade, or why mickey has the same one... thats all im sayin.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
ok, you're right with that, but what i dont see is why he DIDN'T have a custom keyblade, or why mickey has the same one... thats all im sayin.

Oh you'll realize why once you play BBS...

State

Awards
If anything, Oathkeeper and Oblivion are his "custom" keyblades.

aweomeness96

If anything, Oathkeeper and Oblivion are his "custom" keyblades.

ok, ill give you that one... but i thought thats just showing the difference between him and roxas... oblivion=darkness and oathkeeper= light... or is that dual wielding the two...

State

Awards
ok, ill give you that one... but i thought thats just showing the difference between him and roxas... oblivion=darkness and oathkeeper= light... or is that dual wielding the two...

I think in KH1, Roxas wasn't even thought off.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
lol, dont tell me then... i wanna see it for myself, ive been waitin for NA BBS... even tho i gotta borrow a friends psp lol...

I know. That's why I didn't say anything else after that xD

Oh, be careful not to double post. There's an edit button at the bottom right of your posts, so just use that.

State

Awards
i dont even know anymore... im getting really confused by nomuras logic and twisting story... its a good story, just REALLY confusing...

KH was supposed to be one game. Then it was supposed to be a standalone trilogy. In other words, thoughts of continuing the series during KH1 weren't planned. As in, Roxas' existence wasn't thought off from a get-go.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
well the keyblade that sora uses is the keyblade of the realm of light its not the one that s of his heart its proably yet to be revealed to sora since he was not a true weilder i f i say anymore i might spoil

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I think in KH1, Roxas wasn't even thought off.

Roxas wasn't even thought of? Oathkeeper and Oblivion hadn't been designed yet? Another Side, Another Story begs to differ.

(It also begs to differ on Organization XIII [13 Order], Nobodies [Who is Nobody, you ask? They are the nonexistent ones], the Secret Ansem Reports, and quite possibly Ansem the Wise [You are the source of all Heartless])

Nomura always intended there to be sequel hooks, right from the very beginning. He just wanted to keep KH1 mostly self-contained in case he didn't get a chance to make that sequel.

Swordsaint

ironically you get oblivion as you return to hollow bastion just after the creation of roxas. just saying.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
ironically you get oblivion as you return to hollow bastion just after the creation of roxas. just saying.

I always thought that was supposed to be: after you fight Maleficent, Oblivion is created (as it's Sora "obliterating" a powerful enemy that caused much of his friend's [Riku's] problems), but Sora doesn't get to the place where it is until after the fight with Riku (I mean, you don't kill Riku, nor Ansem Seeker of Darkness in that fight, right?). My memory could be failing me, though :/.

The creation of Roxas wouldn't really be an "oblivion" for anything... I think...

Swordsaint

oblivion originally meant the loss of memories or something around that. i think it got its name from the fact sora had become a heartless and fallen in to deep darkness. that could be one form of oblivion. there's also the fact it has to do with memories, kairi's memories and thoughts gave sora form and well all know the rest.

it's completely possible it was just up there and because we had to rn away couldn't get to it

but the funny thing is that's not true, because roxas in another side another story most definitely wouldn't have been using oathkeeper (kairi) and oblivion (at the time some random keyblade). so he definitely had things planned from the get go.

i wish i was nomuras brain. or that i was brain slug and could see whats ther.e

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Except for the part where Nomura's already clearly stated that nothing more than the first installment actually occurred to him until development of CoM and KH2 had commenced.

Conclusion: Roxas was very likely not even a loose concept by KH1's completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back