• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Curvy VS Fat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

those are two very contradicting statements

Apologies, I should have been more clear.
Her Doctor said she was perfectly healthy. However, other people (not doctors) are still worrying about her. Being overweight doesn't automatically mean health issues and early death. It certainly doesn't help you, but for some people, it doesn't effect them. My great grandmother was overweight her entire life and lived to be 98. Genetics and family health history also play an important role.

this is where i disagree. curvy i think to most is a person who has an average amount of body fat with an hourglass figure/figure 8
t3ORi.png

looking at body types for both men and women i think the media as whole skewers everyone's perspective case in point
Male-Body-Type-Chart-Ottermode-Builtfat-Bearmode-S.jpg

curvy%2Bwomen%2Bvoluptuous%2Bbody%2Bchubby%2Bgirl%2Bthick%2Bbody%2Bplump%2BBBW.jpg
I agree. However, I define curvy as anyone with curves. Because I mean, they have curves. They can be stick skinny and curvy or they can be fat and curvy. They can have multiple curves! Hourglass figure is completely different imo but i can see how people can consider them one in the same because hourglass does have curves. BUt most people don't fit into a specific category. They area bit of this and a bit of that. Hybrids.

like everyone says you can do anything you want in life, but when you criticize others like this especially for wanting to improve themselves you can expect a shitstorm
2u88cq0.jpg

after reading the comments on this picture my jimmies were rustled to the nth degree

You know, I actually know the girl in the bottom picture. People hated on her just as much as the people in the top image. IMO they said worse things. And sure, the people in the top image have full right for wanting to better their body, and yes of course they can post pictures. Yay for them. IDK why people were hating on them. Probably jealousy.
But she was also trying to better herself. Maybe she was trying to better her self esteem? Maybe, like a lot of people, she needs to hear encouragement for a mood boost? Like when an artist puts out a piece of work, they are showing it off to the world saying "Look what I have made! I'm so proud of it I'm showing it all to you!" yes, they are going to get hate, but the positive comments encourages the artist to do even better work. That's what she is doing, much like the people in the top image. They are both proud of their bodies and they are both bettering themselves in one way or another.
People are going to take their motives the way they see fit, but what can you do?

moonstar_xo

I think being overweight is a lot less of a choice than people believe it is. At least in the United States (though I'm sure it's similar in most other developed nations) junk food is much cheaper than the healthy stuff, and some families simply can't afford to eat healthy, which many believe is a strong contributing factor to the obesity epidemic. It's much cheaper/less time consuming for a parent to get McDonald's for the family than it would be to go to the grocery store, buy fruits, veggies, proteins, dairy products, and starches, come home, and cook for 2 hours, and for someone who works 2 jobs and is exhausted by the time he/she is done, the first idea sounds much more convenient.

And to get back on topic, people come in all different shapes and sizes, and it's difficult for any average person, whether male or female, to fit standards set by the media. To put labels like "curvy" or "fat" on someone is only further engraving these virtually impossible standards (and I really mean virtually impossible; photoshop can do so much nowadays) into the minds of the public.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I think being overweight is a lot less of a choice than people believe it is. At least in the United States (though I'm sure it's similar in most other developed nations) junk food is much cheaper than the healthy stuff, and some families simply can't afford to eat healthy, which many believe is a strong contributing factor to the obesity epidemic. It's much cheaper/less time consuming for a parent to get McDonald's for the family than it would be to go to the grocery store, buy fruits, veggies, proteins, dairy products, and starches, come home, and cook for 2 hours, and for someone who works 2 jobs and is exhausted by the time he/she is done, the first idea sounds much more convenient.

I can't vouch for the cheapness thing as I'm not American so can't comment on how everything is priced over there.

But as for the time thing. There's no excuse. You can rustle up some great meals in about fifteen minutes. Not everything has to be cooked for two hours unless you're cooking a large turkey every night.

Maybe things aren't the same as they are here. But laziness is the worst excuse. It's a vicious cycle. Chances are a lot of people feel exhausted more so because of their diet.

moonstar_xo

But as for the time thing. There's no excuse. You can rustle up some great meals in about fifteen minutes. Not everything has to be cooked for two hours unless you're cooking a large turkey every night.

Maybe things aren't the same as they are here. But laziness is the worst excuse. It's a vicious cycle. Chances are a lot of people feel exhausted more so because of their diet.

You're right. There are perfectly healthy meals that can be made in 15 minutes. But as I said earlier, healthier food items are generally more pricey than unhealthier ones. Healthier meals may only be eaten once or twice a week. And like I said, there are parents who have to work two jobs in order to put food on the table, and I imagine there are some who don't get home until pretty late at night. The kids would probably want something right away. I don't work full time, so I can't fully speak from experience, by I have a dad who does and he comes home exhausted nearly every day, and he only works one job. I think being too tired to cook most days after working two jobs is justifiable, even if a person eats a healthy diet. And sure, when the kids get older, they can be taught how to cook those healthier meals themselves so they don't have to wait until their mom and/or dad gets home, but by the time a kid reaches age 10/11, most of the eating habits they've learned have become hard to break. And let's not forget, these kids probably can't even afford to eat those healthy meals frequently anyway. There are usually multiple factors as to why individuals are overweight, and there are multiple factors as to why more people in developed nations as a whole are becoming overweight. Laziness may be one of those issues, but I don't think it's the only one.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
really great so many people are overwhelmingly concerned with random strangers and people they dont give a shit about's appe-- health :') so much compassion rly beautiful

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
really great so many people are overwhelmingly concerned with random strangers and people they dont give a shit about's appe-- health :') so much compassion rly beautiful
where's the compassion for the ugly shit that i'm forced to see?

TheKelsblade

Me personally, I'm pretty fit. I've always been thin, but I've spent the last year attempting to put on muscle and toning. (I'm 5'8'', 130 lbs.)

Here's my opinion:

There is a difference between curvy and fat. Curvy women are the Marilyn Monroe's, Jennifer Hudson's, etc. of today. (Those are just examples of my view of curvy)
Overweight people are just that .. overweight. I'm not really sure how else to put it. If they are happy being that way, more power to them! But it's also worrysome to think of the health conditions that come with it. If they enjoy being that way, who am I to judge?

What irks me the most is the woman to woman comparison. Women compare themselves to one-another more than anything else I've seen in my 20 short years. I see curvy and overweight women say: "Only dogs go for bones, meat is for men." I see this shit all the time, more than comparisons of the other way around.

NO. Men go for whatever the diddly they like. Get out of here with that bull.

I also see skinny women say curvy women are fat, etc. blah blah ... no. We are all women, different women. Beautiful in our own way.

Overall though, Ladies - quit comparing yourself to other people. Be happy being who you are, and if someone has something bad to say - you turn your cheek and look the other way. That makes you the stronger person.

Last edited:

Shawty

Awards
You're right. There are perfectly healthy meals that can be made in 15 minutes. But as I said earlier, healthier food items are generally more pricey than unhealthier ones. Healthier meals may only be eaten once or twice a week. And like I said, there are parents who have to work two jobs in order to put food on the table, and I imagine there are some who don't get home until pretty late at night. The kids would probably want something right away. I don't work full time, so I can't fully speak from experience, by I have a dad who does and he comes home exhausted nearly every day, and he only works one job. I think being too tired to cook most days after working two jobs is justifiable, even if a person eats a healthy diet. And sure, when the kids get older, they can be taught how to cook those healthier meals themselves so they don't have to wait until their mom and/or dad gets home, but by the time a kid reaches age 10/11, most of the eating habits they've learned have become hard to break. And let's not forget, these kids probably can't even afford to eat those healthy meals frequently anyway. There are usually multiple factors as to why individuals are overweight, and there are multiple factors as to why more people in developed nations as a whole are becoming overweight. Laziness may be one of those issues, but I don't think it's the only one.

I have to disagree with this. I'm not from the US, but I've been there for a while and I have a general idea of how expensive groceries are. If you do groceries once a week, including meat for a couple of weeks to put in the freezer, along with bread and other freezer products, it'll still be cheaper than eating McDonalds or Burgerking or anything every day of the week.
My mom works 55+ hours a week, she still cooks every day, except for the weekend (my brother and I cook for ourselves, or we order in Thai food or the occasional pizza). Kids should learn to cook for themselves at an early age, in my opinion. It doesn't only help their parents every once in a while, but it's also learning to become independent. It's not hard, and I even manage to cook a healthy, cheap meal in less than 15 minutes.
The only reason for being overweight in my opinion is laziness, or something your body can't do anything about.

Last edited:

moonstar_xo

I have to disagree with this. I'm not from the US, but I've been there for a while and I have a general idea of how expensive groceries are. If you do groceries once a week, including meat for a couple of weeks to put in the freezer, along with bread and other freezer products, it'll still be cheaper than eating McDonalds or Burgerking or anything every day of the week.
My mom works 55+ hours a week, she still cooks every day, except for the weekend (my brother and I cook for ourselves, or we order in Thai food or the occasional pizza). Kids should learn to cook for themselves at an early age, in my opinion. It doesn't only help their parents every once in a while, but it's also learning to become independent. It's not hard, and I even manage to cook a healthy, cheap meal in less than 15 minutes.
The only reason for being overweight in my opinion is laziness, or something your body can't do anything about.

I guess I implied in my post that some people who aren't as wealthy get fast food every day, which I apologize for. Most people probably cook for themselves as often as they can because yes, getting food from a restaurant every day can get expensive. But I learned in a lifespan development class that those who live close to the poverty line DO tend to get fast food more than the average family because eating it nearly once a week is cheap and quick. But it's not even just fast food. Just the unhealthy food in general is cheaper than healthy food. Like, two bags of chips is generally a much cheaper buy than a bunch of fruit, and it'll probably last longer. That's why a good portion of people who are overweight are people who grew up at or near poverty. And I'm not trying to say that it's impossible to be healthy on a tight budget, but for a parents who have barely enough money to feed their kids, having very nutritious meals every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner might not be a priority. And yeah, kids can learn to cook for themselves, but I really doubt that most parents would let their kids near a stove before age 8 or 9.

And honestly? Being a little overweight is usually totally FINE. When I was 13/14 I was about 10 pounds overweight, which was a shock to hear for me because I'd always been called a skinny little girl by my family. But I didn't even LOOK that overweight (most people thought I looked like I weighed much less than I actually did). My body was probably going through some insane hormonal changes due to puberty or something, because, without doing anything in particular to change my lifestyle, I was at a healthy weight again by the time I was in 10th grade. And I think I grew an inch, which probably thinned me out a bit. But within that year I didn't get Type 2 diabetes or develop high blood pressure or any typical overweight-person ailment, and I'm certain that if I sustained that weight that would have stayed the same for the rest of my life.

D

Deleted member 36435

i've heard contracting an std is also a way to die early =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back