• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Currently Untitled Story of Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintJimmyx7

Forgive my knowledge, or lack thereof, of DDD and BBS, I have not played BBS and therefore may have some mistakes in the story. This journey takes place almost immediately after KHII. (And will likely be quite lengthy, seeing as it is my story of KHIII, which continues the original saga. Also to be mentioned, in brackets, I may point out specific moments for the game adaptation of the script. One such moment occurs after the end of this sentence:p)
[Snow falls lightly upon the ground, and the camera pans upward, following tracks left in the snow. Camera rises over a hill and spots a dark figure sprinting toward a massive stone construct, somewhat like a castle, that levitates on purple rings of light being ejected from a large, steel engine beneath. Its large iron gate is hanging open, and on the ground under and around it is a large, writhing black mass. Spells are being cast at this mass by two more tiny figures. The moon in the night sky is heart shaped--Kingdom Hearts-- and stars drift slowly towards it from all directions. Camera change Sora is running toward the building, his Kingdom Key in hand. He comes over the rise of another hill, and quickly dashes to aid his friends.)
"Donald! Goofy!" He shouts as he dives into the fray. Shadows and Neoshadows grasp at him, and he swats them away with ease. Donald launches relentless thunderbolts into the crowd. Goofy runs ahead, using his shield to clear a path. They gasp in unison as they come to a large, crystalline bridge leading to the castle at perilous angle. Sora runs ahead of Donald and Goofy, changing to his Valor Form with ease as does so.
Inside the castle, A man paces before a modified looking Kingdom Hearts Encoder.
"Incompetent Heartless.." He mutters to himself.
"They must stop him!" Now enraged, he pounds his fist on the nearby computer. The monitor displays Sora and friends at the gate.
[At this point, Player takes control over Sora, locked in Valor Form. Hints will appear, and it possesses all instructions required at this point in the game.]
"Sora!" Donald yelps. They turn to see a tide of Heartless climbing the bridge.
"A-hyuck, Donald and I'll take care-a this, Sora! You go on and stop that Kotorima fella!"
Sora runs up a large stone staircase, and upon reaching the top, a misfired Firaga spell blows it apart. Several Shadows rise from the ornate, circular stone floor. Sora dispatches them quickly and moves on into the next room. This one is similar to the first, but a chest rests in the center of the spiral carving in the floor. Its brilliant golden patterns draw Sora in, and he opens it. A potion pops out, followed by a Cymbal Monkey. He chases it around for a bit, and finally cuts it down as he continues up another staircase.
A painful tug in his chest causes Sora to clutch at his heart and stumble. He takes a few more painful steps, and enters a shining white room, the man in gray standing in the center. His back is turned, and the machine beside him whirs violently. Kingdom hearts appears much closer through the window, and few stars are left in the sky.
"You can feel it." The man in gray, Kotorima, says in a deep, yet soothing voice.
"Let your heart go, Sora. Can you not feel it aching to be free? It wants to go back to where it belongs." Kotorima has turned now, and he takes a step forward. "It wants to return to me."
"You?!" Sora angrily whispers, "My heart..." Sora's voice becomes louder, now. "My heart belongs here! with me!"
"No, Sora," Kotorima states matter-of-factly, "All hearts wish to return to Kingdom Hearts. Cant you hear it screaming to go home?" Now Kotorima's hood flies back, and the pale white jaw and faded lips that were all to be seen before are now accompanied by his whiteless black eyes. From his eyelashes up, smooth, flowing black runework climbs up his forehead and stops at the high crest of spiked black hair, parted so that the left side partly conceals his face and slopes back to join the braid that runs from his neck over his shoulder. the other side is cropped closely, and gray stripes are beginning to appear. In his hand is the Keyblade of People's Hearts, though the teeth of the key now looks similar to that of Oblivion.
"But that's not where all of these hearts are going, is it!" Sora yells. It is an accusation, not a question. "All of these Heartless! They're obeying you!"
"I'm afraid you're right, boy. This machine, here, I helped Ansem create it. You know it as the Kingdom Hearts Encoder, but that is far from its original purpose. You see, this machine sends out a signal, one that is even more powerful than the call of Kingdom Hearts! 'come home!' it cries, and those foolish hearts listen! People are drawn here, from all over the worlds! They flock here through their very dreams! Then, and here's the fun part; I take their hearts and absorb them into my own! With every heart I become more powerful, and gain a new Heartless for my army! I even found a replacement for the heart of your precious Kairi, one just as pure! I was able to complete the Keyblade of Peoples Hearts. But... It is still missing.. something. A heart. One strong enough to chain together all of the Princesses' hearts. That's why you're here, Sora. With your heart, I can unlock Kingdom Hearts and take every heart within! With that much power, I could reshape worlds." The last sentence escaped as a whisper. He giggles. "Those stars? All worlds being drawn into the ever-expanding Kingdom Hearts. While the Heart-Wavelength Machine calls hearts to its location, it also calls whole worlds to merge with Kingdom Hearts. And urges it to take them in." Now he bursts into fits of laughter, stating "I can reshape the very universe!"
"You can't just go around stealing peoples hearts! It doesn't work like that! Hearts belong to the people they inhabit, not whoever can grab them! Those hearts within you, they're gunna--" Sora's voice was cut short by the swing of Kotorima's Keyblade. He dodges, and unleashes his Master Form. [Sora is locked in master form for this battle, which theplayer fights.] Keyblades slam against each other as they dart around the room. The lack of their voices says more than words could ever express. Sora swings his Kingdom Key, the four orbiting him swinging in sync. Kotorima deflects the Sora's Key and the first two orbiting ones, though the next two, Oathkeeper and Sleeping Lion, caught his left sleeve. It tore, revealing thick black cords curling around his arm, completely enveloping his hand. Sora gasped, and Kotorima took advantage of the pause. He swung low, slamming the key into Sora's knees, effectively putting Sora on his back. Sora's Form fades, and he wears his KHI outfit. Kotorima plunges the Keyblade into Sora's chest, bursting with laughter. The crystal heart that escapes from Sora's wound pulsates brilliantly with energy. Sora's Kingdom Key disappears from his limp hand, and the heart drifts into the chest of Kotorima.
Outside, Donald and Goofy have pushed the Heartless to the bottom of the bridge. They feel the ground shake, and look towards the castle in time to see its uppermost section explode in crystal-like energy. The bridge shatters, and their vision fades to black as they fall.
Roxas is falling, eyes closed, through a black sky. He crashes without pain through a stained glass walkway he knew in a distant memory. His eyes are open, now, and he thinks to himself I know this place... But.. Where is it? His feet find a floor his eyes cannot see, and thousands of doves fly away, revealing a glowing portrait of himself, surrounded by Keyblades and Nobodies, atop a massive column. Before him stand three stone pillars, atop which are a shield, a sword, and a wand, respectively. [Players choose their path and revoke a path here.] After choosing the path he shall walk, Roxas continues up the stained glass stairwell to a mysterious door, that again, looks so very familiar, Despite the creeping black tendrils snaking around its edges and handle. Roxas reaches forward slowly, grabs the handle, and as he swings the door open, the Kingdom Key appears in his and and his vision is consumed by light.

Sora|Chey

wow, this is awesome, but word of advice, you made the same mistakes i did, if its just one huge paragraph, nobody will want to read it, i took the time out because quite frankly i dont give a shit if its one big paragraph, loads of small ones or one letter paragraphs, i read kingdom hearts stuff no matter what. back on track though, this is an awesome story and you should definatly write more, while i read it, i felt like i was actually playing the game, 10/10! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back