• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Cruella De Vil

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maleficent was okay because it was easy to give her dimension.

Cruella is kind of crazy to kidnap a bunch of puppies to kill them and strip them of their fur. I can't see how they could add anything to her story that any audience would be remotely interested in (besides Chaser because he's weird).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Maleficent was okay because it was easy to give her dimension.

Cruella is kind of crazy to kidnap a bunch of puppies to kill them and strip them of their fur. I can't see how they could add anything to her story that any audience would be remotely interested in (besides Chaser because he's weird).
You wanna fight!?

Nah but seriously I bet she use to love dogs until a tragic family event made her hate dogs forever and then want to strip them for her coat.
why cant we get a wicked movie cmon disney

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
didnt cruella appear in live action already? i recall that 101 dalmations was adapted to a live action film in the 1990s

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You wanna fight!?

Nah but seriously I bet she use to love dogs until a tragic family event made her hate dogs forever and then want to strip them for her coat.

That is very possible. If this wasn't Disney, I could see a great, dark spiral into what she becomes. Greed, living a life of splendor which turns to rot because of her greed...

why cant we get a wicked movie cmon disney
[video=vimeo;19733014]http://vimeo.com/19733014[/video]

sooob

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
didnt cruella appear in live action already? i recall that 101 dalmations was adapted to a live action film in the 1990s
Yes. In both 101 Dalmations and 101 Dalmations 2.
But they were about the dogs.

That is very possible. If this wasn't Disney, I could see a great, dark spiral into what she becomes. Greed, living a life of splendor which turns to rot because of her greed...
Montage of killing animals in a very gory and R18+ manner.

[video=vimeo;19733014]http://vimeo.com/19733014[/video]

sooob
Why do you keep doing this to me!?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY
NOW THAT YOU'VE CHOSEN THIS.
I HOPE IT BRINGS YOU BLISS.
I REALLY HOPE YOU GET IT
AND YOU DON'T LIVE TO REGRET IT

maybe they could do that. what is this movie rated?
It's a Disney movie. They're not going to have R18+ animal killing scenes.

Oh, also Frozen says hi~
Boycotting that film because they took away what was going to make it special, added a stupid marketing ploy character, and made it look like an icy Tangled.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
NOW THAT YOU'VE CHOSEN THIS.
I HOPE IT BRINGS YOU BLISS.
I REALLY HOPE YOU GET IT
AND YOU DON'T LIVE TO REGRET IT

It's a Disney movie. They're not going to have R18+ animal killing scenes.

Boycotting that film because they took away what was going to make it special, added a stupid marketing ploy character, and made it look like an icy Tangled.

what did the disney take away that was going to make it special

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Frozen was originally going to be in 2D right? Disney decided to make it 3D in order to appeal to younger audiences. Then they added that little snowman thing just so little children could laugh at cheap jokes and buy merchandise.
Disney wasn't confident in the film ever succeeding so they added a character to get the money they don't need in a film that now looks like a Tangled rip-off.

Now, let us go back to Cruella De Vil.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

sobsobsob He has a GAME now.

I NEED THIS INSIDE MY BODY TO MAKE ME HAPPY

*crays*

Forever sad ;A;

Back when this film was Glen Keane's, the style and story was much more refined and dark. It sat in development hell for years before Disney picked it back up, and it was going to be 2D until at some point they put it back on the shelf again so Keane left the project. Apparently Alan Menken was slated to compose it, but nothing came of that. Then sometime VERY soon after Keane left Disney, they picked it back up and it has become what we see. The style is Tangled, the promotion is Tangled, the direction is Tangled. The only difference is the ice and the characters.

It feels, at the moment, like they saw what Tangled did and said "Hey, let's do that!"

Let It Snow… Queen « Progress City, U.S.A.

Glen Keane interview: Tangled, family, Walt Disney, computers and The Snow Queen | Den of Geek

Time for Cruella~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back