• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Critical mode or Proud mode?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaffikjelen

Hello. I recently came in the possession of KH:BBS, but I'm stuck right after the title screen: I can't seem to decide which difficulty to play. I would of course like to complete the game on Critical Mode, but I don't know if that's too hard. Can anybody give me a clue as to how hard it is by comparing it to, say, KH2? I finished Sephiroth on Proud mode at level 60-something. Is Critical mode not my cup of tea? :confused:

Of course, I could beat the game in Proud mode, then to try it in Critical. However, I'd like to have the most complete experience during my first play-through.

I've been anticipating the game since it was announced at TGS 2007, and after having waited 2-3 weeks for Amazon to deliver my game, plus some additional complications, I'd really like to play it now.

Any replies would be highly appreciated.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Personally if you like a challenge having never played an FM in your life, then go for Proud, if you have or want the step up from KH2's feel then go on Critical.
No matter what level you are bosses can still do a good amount of damage to you.

kiante

You could probably handle Critical. You won't miss anything story wise in Proud, or item wise or anything, but it's not as difficult, so I suppose you could say you have missed some of the sense of accomplishment if you only play it on Proud.

If I were you, and wanted only to play it once through right now, I'd go with Critical. But that's just me. I DO like a challenge.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Critical is WAY harder then then proud on the other games (have not played proud on BBS), It was really chalenging if you thought proud on KH II was really easy but if you thought that was hard then go for proud here too

A

Artorius Rex

Critical Mode. Go for it. You'll feel proud when you beat it.

Kaffikjelen

Do you have to be a "1337" "pwnz0r" guy to do critical mode, or simply have to find Proud on KH2 mildly challenging, and enjoy a challenge whenever it shows up?
'Cause I fit the latter category.

HiByeYou987

You should be able to do Critical Mode with relative ease then.
I found KH2 mildly difficult on Proud and I did just fine on Critical.

Gram

Banned
Awards
just go with critical, i found it easy honestly.

you're kidding right?
Critical is alot harder on KHIIFM than it is on BBS. BBS is cake walk on Critical :3. Just sayin.
this^
kh2fm was a bitch on the data and LS battles.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I've been playing the game on Proud mode and it feels way too easy. I'm kind of wishing I had played Critical. This is why I'm looking forward to Recoded. If the game feels to easy, I can just raise the difficulty. Just like in The World Ends With You.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I've played both Proud and Critical on Terra so far, and I didn't find much of a difference. However, since I was already experienced during my Critical playthrough, that's what probably made it easier for me.

Just to note, are you good in the KH Series? I don't mean "Wow I beat the game and the optional bosses at really high levels", but I mean good. Can you beat a hard boss multiple times without dying? Can you beat optional bosses at levels lower than 99, or even 70? If you've tried hard enough, have you beaten major bosses without healing? Do you rely on spamming elixirs, limits, Final Form, and flying around waiting for your MP to recharge so you can cast Curaga?

If you answered yes to most of those questions aside from the last one, go for Critical. Otherwise, it's 50/50. The plus side about critical is you can use more commands earlier on, which is very convenient. Otherwise the main difference from Proud is you do about 50% damage and have about two-thirds of your regular health in the end.

O

Oberon

To be honest the game feels more satisfying on Critical. Even if it's still pretty easy.

Kaffikjelen

I chose correctly, I have finished the Enchanted Dominion on Critical, and I haven't died once.
Thanks for all your replies.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
honestly i found Terra's story difficult on difficult. I swear Wheelie Master (my 1st boss) killed me 50 times
Ven was easy as hell
Aqua was difficult until i got to radient garden & decided to go ahead & get thundaga shot, firaga burst, magic hour, & glacier before taking down trinity armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back