• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Critical Mode file?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blobbit

Awards
So I finished the game on Proud mode, and I now have the chance to play on Critical Mode. My question is, can I save over my Proud file without anything messing up? I don't want to use the second slot because I'm (supposed to be) sharing the game with my sister, and her file is already on there.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Naturally, if you start a new game, the old one you save over will be erased

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
You can keep your dream eaters but you gonna have to level them up from lv 1 again (which I think sucks).
It stinks that you can't have more save files on (3)ds games, my sister gonna have to buy her own game (a.k.a convince mom to buy it) to play it on my 3DS which is really stupid.

ShailsTDSPT

You can keep your dream eaters but you gonna have to level them up from lv 1 again (which I think sucks).
It stinks that you can't have more save files on (3)ds games, my sister gonna have to buy her own game (a.k.a convince mom to buy it) to play it on my 3DS which is really stupid.

Agreed. I enjoy having a level 99 100% save file and a level 1 100% save file but in this case I will have to settle with the level 99 :\

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I haven't tried that. From past experience I know that if you delete clear data you lose the opportunity to do a New Game +. I'm not sure if that applies to Critical Mode too... It isn't worth me trying anyways. xD

I don't want to lose my 40 hours of playing time ;~;

EternalDreamer

Am I glad my sister stops playing a game forever once she's finished it. I have no regrets about putting my critical file over hers.
I'm not going to be the one trying to make a critical file over my proud file anyway. It seems a bit risky. ;-;

Blobbit

Awards
I think Im going to try anyways, I was planning on 100%ing the critical file and not the proud file so I'll just send over my dream eaters and hope for the best o_o

JJOR64

Website
www.giantbomb.com
Thought I would post in this thread instead of making a new thread since this thread is about Critical Mode.

Just found out that you have to Unlock Critical Mode in this game, which doesn't make me happy. I like to try to 100% the KH games on the hardest difficulty, but I have to unlock it to do that in this game. My question is: Is there some type of New Game + where I can bring my stuff over to Critical Mode? Vanitis666 said you can bring over your Spirts at Lv. 1, but is that all you can bring over? If so, I think I'm just going to try to breeze through Proud Mode now just so I can get to Critical mode.

Upset Panda is me right now.

THE GAME

Thought I would post in this thread instead of making a new thread since this thread is about Critical Mode.

Just found out that you have to Unlock Critical Mode in this game, which doesn't make me happy. I like to try to 100% the KH games on the hardest difficulty, but I have to unlock it to do that in this game. My question is: Is there some type of New Game + where I can bring my stuff over to Critical Mode? Vanitis666 said you can bring over your Spirts at Lv. 1, but is that all you can bring over? If so, I think I'm just going to try to breeze through Proud Mode now just so I can get to Critical mode.

Upset Panda is me right now.
You also get to carry over your trophies but that's it. Also, you don't have to beat Proud mode to unlock Critical mode... I unlocked Critical mode by beating Standard mode.

JJOR64

Website
www.giantbomb.com
You also get to carry over your trophies but that's it. Also, you don't have to beat Proud mode to unlock Critical mode... I unlocked Critical mode by beating Standard mode.

I already started the game on Proud, so I will just finish Proud and get Critical. Then I will start trying to do everything in Critical Mode.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Question, if your DE's transfer over to Critical, do the DE's you unlock in Critical go back to your other save file?

THE GAME

Question, if your DE's transfer over to Critical, do the DE's you unlock in Critical go back to your other save file?
Nope. And any new Dream Eaters you get in your other save file wont go to your Critical file either. You only get level 1 versions of all the Dream Eaters you had in your first save file at the time you used the clear save data.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Nope. And any new Dream Eaters you get in your other save file wont go to your Critical file either. You only get level 1 versions of all the Dream Eaters you had in your first save file at the time you used the clear save data.

The important thing is they keep their ranks though, right? So all of my S ranked Dream Eaters can at least be transferred :p

THE GAME

The important thing is they keep their ranks though, right? So all of my S ranked Dream Eaters can at least be transferred :p
Yup, ranks will stay so I suggest making as many S rank Dream Eaters as you can before using the clear save data to help you out in Critical mode and save you some materials, thus making it easier to get the trophy for collecting every Dream Eater.

soraalam1

This worries me. I'm almost finished on proud and I still don't know how it works, I need to know because my sister is sharing my 2nd file and I plan to overwrite my data for critical.

THE GAME

This worries me. I'm almost finished on proud and I still don't know how it works, I need to know because my sister is sharing my 2nd file and I plan to overwrite my data for critical.
Nothing will get messed up. If you use the clear data you can keep all of your trophies and Dream Eaters, and if you don't use the clear data you'll have to start from scratch. Simple as that.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yup, ranks will stay so I suggest making as many S rank Dream Eaters as you can before using the clear save data to help you out in Critical mode and save you some materials, thus making it easier to get the trophy for collecting every Dream Eater.

I'm probably just going to make them all in my Proud mode save anyway :p That was what I planned to do anyway, I'm not in the mood for a 100% Critical Mode run yet lol. I have only ever 100% the games on Proud, like I play through Critical but never fully complete it. I'm kind of terrified of fighting a secret boss on critical mode, I think that's why I have never done that :p

kupo1121

Awards

So you will transfer over all trophies and DE's when you start the new one depending on what your original file was like at the time you start the new one? It doesn't just save what you did up to the last boss and only use that? I'm just checking because if so, I'll just get all the trophies for my first file and then do the second game and basically start with 100% :)

Also, do treasure go over, because what if I got the treasure trophy but then started by Critical run? I would have the trophy but no treasures actually unlocked lol?

THE GAME

So you will transfer over all trophies and DE's when you start the new one depending on what your original file was like at the time you start the new one? It doesn't just save what you did up to the last boss and only use that? I'm just checking because if so, I'll just get all the trophies for my first file and then do the second game and basically start with 100% :)

Also, do treasure go over, because what if I got the treasure trophy but then started by Critical run? I would have the trophy but no treasures actually unlocked lol?
Treasures don't carry over, but the trophy for collecting the treasures does. So yeah, you will have the trophy but you'll have to collect the treasures again. :p

kupo1121

Awards
Treasures don't carry over, but the trophy for collecting the treasures does. So yeah, you will have the trophy but you'll have to collect the treasures again. :p

Nah, I'm good, don't feel like collecting them again :) If anything, I won't collect any one of them that way my record of not doing anything in the game but somehow having everything doesn't get tarnished :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back