• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Critical and the KhInsider members

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What's your own measurement ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Key-Chan567

Just curious what the average measurement of the members' skills are.

I myself did play on Critical a few times (KH2, BBS, 0.2) but I still gotta work on my skills as I'm having a hard time with KH2's Critical mode.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I don't usually play critical on repeated playthroughs. That being said, though...

Kingdom Hearts II's proud mode is clowned on for being too easy, and I agree with this sentiment. That being said, the game isn't necessarily balanced all that well with the new content the final mix version added. This doesn't mean that the new final mix content isn't fair, but that more strategy exists in the added battles without adjusting the existing battles in the title. So, while most of the bosses on critical are a lot more fun, bosses like Roxas are just straight brutal.

I usually play Birth by Sleep on critical unless I'm playing as Terra. I literally cannot deal with how terrible Terra's movement is in that game, and certainly can't bring myself to complete it on the hardest difficulty. It's like pulling teeth.

Dream Drop Distance is definitely harder on critical, but feels a little unfair at times. The level scaling on Birth by Sleep and dream drop distance is a lot more brutal, and thus it feels like every attack up to level twenty melts into butter when touching dream eaters or unversed.

KH only had proud mode, but the proud mode there was pretty good. Kind of hard, but definitely achievable. Side note: does anyone remember expert mode from the original game? I'd like to see if that's any different. I'll have to boot up my PS2 sometime.

I literally haven't beaten Days with how terrible the controls are. It must be a nightmare to play on the harder difficulty. I literally tried it first time I had the game in my hands and I overwrote the game with an easier difficulty because of how much I already hated how it was controlling and how much health the enemies had. Maybe if the game was fully remade for PS4 I would enjoy myself a lot better.

Coded would probably be fun on harder difficulties, although I haven't tried it myself. There are some parts that are a pain, though.

Chain of Memories is a fun challenge on proud mode, honestly. A little difficult, but if you've played the game before nothing you can't handle. Just think on your toes and strategize.

0.2... no way, not touching that. I barely beat the first boss on critical, and I'm not going back to test my luck with the final boss. Maybe if I grind enough I could do it, but honestly this game is pretty brutal at the toughest difficulty and I'm not feeling a desire to do it.

Will I play KHIII at critical? You bet! Maybe even I'll 100% the game and get my first platinum trophy ever with it!

Meow Wow

Awards
I generally try to play on the hardest or harder difficulties in games, unless I get my ass kicked like no other in the tutorial, like God of War or NieR.

When I started playing KH I had to start on Beginner/Standard for most of them, untill I had enough skill and confidence to go on proud/critical. Ever since then, beginner/standard is too easy. I typically enjoy a challenge in games, breezing through isn't nessarally fun, to be honest.
I've even went to playing some of the games on Critical lv1, mainly KH2FM and 0.2 (crit lv50) for the challenge. But I do have my limits, I'm not even going to try bbs from the lack of balance and KH1 would genuinely be too hard at lv1.

Soldier

Awards
I beat every KH game thus far on the hardest difficulty, and here's what I have to say about each
KH1, not that hard for me, its simple format and enemies definitely helped ease the experience a bit In the end, I only died to some bosses that gave me trouble (MF killed me twice before I won) but otherwise it was a cakewalk

Chain of memories I remember REALLY struggling with Vexen's last encounter and I believe the Marluxia fights(?), but with Riku mode it was surprisingly simple despite the limited healing. Just grind until level 99 before the final boss and your victory is certain

KH2 was honestly the worst of the bunch, whoever designed some of the secret boss fights should've been fired. Xaldin left very little room for error and don't even get me started on the ludicrous difficulty spike with Axel. Sephiroth went down in one go because he's Darkside levels of basic compared to others.

KH BBS did come at a close shave with the added fights in the mirage arena. I originally hated the vanitas remnant for it's cheapness, and I believe he gave me more of a challenge than the TRUE secret boss at the end. Seriously, His window to attack is so small.

the final chapter prologue was just nonsense, screw the phantom Aqua fight, she's barely there the entire fight and the windows are so freaking small. Just no.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I think I died 171 times before I beat Vanitas Remnant. Also, thanks for telling us that you can't use cure in that battle, assholes. Literally the ONLY time in that game I ever used potions. Also, I am literally NEVER beating that fight with Terra. It's just never going to happen, so I'm never going to try it. Honestly probably not going back to beat it as Ventus later either. Aqua's seeker mine is literally such a lifesaver tho, it makes the final bosses a joke

Sally-boiii

Awards
I think I died 171 times before I beat Vanitas Remnant. Also, thanks for telling us that you can't use cure in that battle, assholes. Literally the ONLY time in that game I ever used potions. Also, I am literally NEVER beating that fight with Terra. It's just never going to happen, so I'm never going to try it. Honestly probably not going back to beat it as Ventus later either. Aqua's seeker mine is literally such a lifesaver tho, it makes the final bosses a joke

IDK how okay you would be with doing this, but years ago i saw a strategy for Ven that consisted of using a couple of tornadoes and then hitting him a couple of times and boom, you're done. That's how i beat him on the original BBS.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
IDK how okay you would be with doing this, but years ago i saw a strategy for Ven that consisted of using a couple of tornadoes and then hitting him a couple of times and boom, you're done. That's how i beat him on the original BBS.

Oh, you mean am I okay with cheesing? Absolutely, as long as it will get me that sweet lookin' keyblade.

And I've never seen that before! I'll check it out! I think you'd need to threaten me before I ever gave any of the secret bosses a try as Terra, however.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I always play on Proud for KHFM and Re:CoM, and Critical for KHIIFM, BbSFM and 0.2.
With DDD, I've played Critical a few times, and it gets easier each time. But the trauma of Ansem 2 on the first Critical playthrough keeps me from wanting to do it.

I've also done LV1 Critical on KHIIFM twice and LV50 Critical on 0.2. They're fun and challenging.
BbSFM LV1 Crit Aqua was pretty easy, but I know she's the easiest because of Spellweaver.
I don't really feel like playing Ven or Terra at LV1, nor DDD. The way those games work, all LV1 does is underpower your stats which only makes fights longer, not harder.

KHFM LV1 Proud is literal hell and I don't ever want to do it again.
Oh, you mean am I okay with cheesing? Absolutely, as long as it will get me that sweet lookin' keyblade.

And I've never seen that before! I'll check it out! I think you'd need to threaten me before I ever gave any of the secret bosses a try as Terra, however.
Specifically, use Tornado underneath Vanitas when he does the X slash in the air. Do that I think three times and he's dead.
You can also use Mines to launch him if you're quick enough and he doesn't teleport.

For Terra, I had a very easy time using the Demolition Finish command.
It might be tough to use basic attacks to fill the gauge, but once you have it, you can deal massive damage to Vanitas while being completely invincible. VR will constantly try to attack Terra, making for easy potshots. Only takes about two Demolitions on Critical.

Key-Chan567

I usually play Birth by Sleep on critical unless I'm playing as Terra. I literally cannot deal with how terrible Terra's movement is in that game, and certainly can't bring myself to complete it on the hardest difficulty. It's like pulling teeth.

Well, you've definitely saved yourself alot of brain cells, friend. I suffered hard though xD

Vanitas' Remnant was when my face got slapped hard and my sanity almost completely vanished. I fought him for the first time as Ventus on Standard and if it weren't for Ven's agility and high level I would've never beaten that bastard. Unlike the incredibly broken MF who was at least fun because of his ridiculous move set, this guy was the complete opposite and is the ultimate test of patience and determination for every player. But despite me saying that I will have to beat him twice again with Aqua and Terra because I'm a completionist and wanna get that final trophy I need for platinum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soldier

Awards
Well, you've definitely saved yourself alot of brain cells, friend. I suffered hard though xD

Vanitas' Remnant was when my face got slapped hard and my sanity almost completely vanished. I fought him for the first time as Ventus on Standard and if it weren't for Ven's agility and high level I would've never beaten that bastard. Unlike the incredibly broken MF who was at least fun because of his ridiculous move set, this guy was the complete opposite and is the ultimate test of patience and determination for every player. But despite me saying that I will have to beat him twice again with Aqua and Terra because I'm a completionist and wanna get that final trophy I need for platinum.
If i'm being honest, MF in BBS isn't that hard on Critical, even with Terra. Yeah he hits like a truck but so do you, especially with Terra. Just equip the Chaos Ripper, thunder surge and a few Curagas beforehand. Grind to level 75 with the blobmob trick and go after MF. Don't give him room to breathe and the fights yours.

CutiePique

Awards
I don't really know which poll answer fits me tbh. :,D I guess I would go with a "I'm having a FUN time with Critical": it's not that it's super easy, I AM honing skills while I do it, but I don't think I'd ever want to consider Critical to be straight up easy because the struggle is fun and looking up what the strategies are for super hard bosses and training myself to git gud with them is the right level of satisfying for me (I'm sure some would say that not figuring out the nuances myself is baddy-bad and not the full critical experience but... I just won't listen to those people :,D).

When the release date for KH3 was announced, I got the I.5+II.5 collection with the intention of plat'ing all of the series on PS4 before said release date and... well... kinda finished ahead of schedule. :,D Did all four of the collection's games all only on the highest difficulty I could from June 18th to September 23rd, and that included a brief "break" between KH2 and BBS where I completed my missing objectives in 0.2. As terrifying as the bosses can seem, it was stupidly fun watching tutorial videos and making my fingers learn how to replicate it properly (or learning the cheeses, I'm lookin' at you Vanitas Sentiment, Data Roxas). I was actually more anxious about some of the minigame-ish things that would hold me back from 100%; the "enemy splits itself into copies and you need to keep track of the real one" shtick is my ultimate nemesis, so it was just as satisfying to beat the big bosses as it was to beat the Black Ballade, the Port Royal mushroom, and the Disney Town Ringers.

I've actually got a Lvl1 Critical playthrough of 3D in progress, but I got stuck-ish in the second visit to Traverse Town. I'd left it on the backburner because it wasn't needed for the platinum, but maybe this month I should give it a whirl again...? (Or be "reasonable" and do it non-lvl1... I don't even know what possessed me to do a lvl1... aw, but I was tryin' so hard.)

If i'm being honest, MF in BBS isn't that hard on Critical, even with Terra. Yeah he hits like a truck but so do you, especially with Terra. Just equip the Chaos Ripper, thunder surge and a few Curagas beforehand. Grind to level 75 with the blobmob trick and go after MF. Don't give him room to breathe and the fights yours.

I fought MF first as Terra on purpose. I'd read that you can use the same strategy with all three but that Terra needs to be played more aggressively than the other two, so I figured "Why bother learning the patient version if I'm going to have to be aggressive eventually?" Paid off, Ven and Aqua only needed one or two tries after that :>
The "disable miscellaneous abilities and whatnots" strategy is useful too. When I was moaning about fighting MF to my ux party and recommendations were thrown in about stuff like his death-thread/doom-counter move, I was like "OuO); ...But he, like, never does that to me...?" Turned out using Air Slide instead of Ice Slide made a huge difference in his attack patterns. And since even the guides for disabling abilities didn't mention anything about the Slides, I felt a little proud for having learned something on my own.

[mulls over life choices] Mmmmmmmokay, I'll post this...

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'm currently replaying 358/2 Days on Proud. The game punishes you for using the same deck/panels for every mission. Every mission has its own Heartless and challenges so using the same Spells and Keyblade will make the game more tedious and harder.

They do offer you countless counters for almost everything if you work for it. The Holo Missions were implemented early so you can farm certain items and work towards synthesizing a new Gear, Spell, Skill or Ring. On Proud its best to use every single panel to your advantage as well as reading every single Mission brief. If you pack the right Spell, Gear and ring, any mission can be easily beaten even on Proud mode.

I also realized that on Files/Enemy Profiles, the entries have the weaknesses and ways you exploit certain enemies. Best of all, they give you a list of items the Heartless can drop. As of now the game is an perfect blend of difficult and fair. Though I will say Dustflier is BS.

Reminds me of CoM, the game encourages you try many strategies. I'm a sucker for deck building so I love both entries, and the higher difficulties reward that.

Can't say the same for BBS, DDD and 0.2. I never felt satisfaction from beating those games on Crit, more like relief?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

You can hide behind the big boulder, target and spam Strike Raid to cheese him. Yes, I'm serious. Works with every character, works easily, works safel. Just make sure to hit the target button so you can use Strike Raid through the wall.
(Mysterious figure, however, will forever suck with all characters, lol. Such a horribly designed fight.)

Anyway, I think it heavily depends on how you play, even on critical mode. If I spend an extra hour in every world to get overleveled and play the hit-and-run game, then it's easy on any difficulty anyway. I prefer going through worlds in one run without extra training, though, because that kind of kills the pacing for me.
I guess I'm relatively okay at these games, considering I've completed some of them on level 1 at least once.

Otaku

Awards
I've played KH:FM on Proud and just completed my first run of Re:CoM on Proud too. I didn't find either of those were 'impossible' but didnt attempt the side boss battles or battle cups in KH:FM.

I've just started KH2:FM on critical and some parts of it seem way easy, but most of the time I'm finding I can't afford to take more than one or two hits or else its game over. I want to try BBS on critical if I manage to get through KH2:FM, hopefully BBS isn't a slog!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Not to brag, but I stick with beginner/standard cause I'm weak af.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Proud the first time to learn the game, Critical every other time to experience the adventure in a way that I consider to be 'canon', in that I imagine it'd be just about that difficult to survive a perilous adventure.

That being said, I'll typically bump DDD and BBS down to Proud because Critical is really just unbalanced and not fun in those games due to a lack of depth.

Back