• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Create the WORST KH world thread Pt. 2: DCOM's

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,
A while back I made a thread where I asked people to come up with the worst possible worlds for a theoretical KH game using anything in Disney's extensive library of films. And I mean ANYTHING, I came up with a Mickey's twice upon a Christmas world, Old Yeller was brought up, and the dreaded Cars 2 was (reluctantly) given a plot for a KH world. Nothing was off the table so long as it was made by Disney, but there was one rule: No DCOMs. For those who don't know what that stands for, it means Disney channel original movie, which was something they did back in the 80's and 90's. A lot of them featured then-stars of the Disney Channel in various roles, and are a mixed bag of quality depending on who you ask. Some have aged like fine wine, and others have aged like milk that's left in the sun all day. Because KH has tackled live action worlds like Pirates and Tron back in KH 2, that means a lot of these can theoretically fit. Now remember, these are supposed to be terrible ideas so dig deep and be respectful. Some folks grew up on these movies, so what you see as trash might be a treasured memory to someone else. But otherwise, this exercise is all in good fun.
That being said, the 13th year will be our Atlantica/Caribbean.
1665438594237.png
You guys remember the 13th year right? It was about a boy named Cody Griffin who was born to a mermaid and was accidentally left in the care of humans. Because merfolk don't show signs of being part fish until age thirteen, he lived as a normal kid for a while until he started to reach that age. But unlike puberty in real life which is scary and frustrating depending who you ask, he gets an assortment of what are basically superpowers, he can climb walls, talk to fish, conduct electricity like an eel. Which makes him the perfect party member if you ask me!
And the plot of said world? well....
  1. SDG land in the town the movie takes place in and accidentally crash into John Wheatley's (the "antagonist" of the film, and I use that term loosely) tour boat, causing the man to state that he needs the vessel to find mermaids, as they're still a myth in this world. SDG, having befriended mermaids in Atlantica basically confirm his theory and state that they are indeed real. Wheatley presses them for more info, but Donald gives Sora a look that tells him to abide by the world order, and downplays their encounter. After paying 300 munny (yes, you actually need to have that exact amount otherwise you won't be able to leave the marina) they head out on the town, and run into Cody Griffin, who is pacing back and forth about what's happening to him. But as is typical of most KH worlds, the heartless show up, and start to attack the defenseless Cody but are stopped by SDG. Following the fight, introductions are made and Cody hesitantly trusts Sora and co. with what's been happening around the place, and not just the heartless showing up. He's been growing scales, sticking to walls and producing electric shocks on contact with others involuntarily. Sora, amazed at this decides to try and help him with his predicament by training with him for the swim meet. cue swimming tutorial and racing minigame and then act 1 is finished
  2. John Wheatley is working on his boat, muttering about mermaids which catches the ear of Pete, who has arrived to spread more heartless (or whatever he's doing post KH 2, Mal and Pete really don't have much to do anymore do they?). Seeing Wheatley as a gullible and greedy fellow, he offers some "assistance" with his predicament, and summons some screwdiver heartless (making their long awaited return since COM) and orders them to search the sea for any mermaid in the area. Wheatley, grateful to this 9 foot tall cat in overalls, asks if there's anything he can do to repay the favor. Pete then tells him about a boy with a key shaped sword, and how he needs to get rid of him. Wheatley, with dollar signs in his eyes, agrees to the request.
  3. After training, Cody gets a better handle on his electrical powers and now becomes a full fledged party member, but like Jack Sparrow in the Caribbean you can't enter the water with him, as he's afraid to show his scales. Sooner or later, Cody hears the voice of the mermaid who gave birth to him (because apparently mermaids just have telepathy now) and sprints off to rescue her from the screwdivers. SDG head for the marina in hot pursuit, but are stopped by Pete, who engages the trio to stop them from interfering with Wheatley's plot. Donald and Goofy tell Sora that they'll handle Pete and to go help Cody, which Sora complies with. Jumping into the water he locates Cody (now in his full mermaid form) and the two team up against the screwdiver heartless and effortlessly defeat them. However, a larger heartless hones in on the duo, the skewba diver (basically a larger, red variant of the screwdiver heartless, but with a harpoon instead of a trident). Following a brief bout, the mermaid is saved, and communicates with Cody, telling him that she's his mother and wants him to be a part of her world. Cody agrees, but not before giving Sora the blue bolt keychain, which has the thunder boost ability.
That's what I'm looking for, a hokey story haphazardly thrown together from the plot of a DCOM, curious to see what you folks come up with!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
p183934_b_v8_ae.jpg

World: Tool Town
Party member: Tim "The Tool Man: Taylor

The bulk of the world takes place in "The MANshion", a house Tim built based on the various "Man's rooms" from assorted Tool Time episodes. IE. the Man's Kitchen, the Man's Bathroom, the Man's Bedroom, etc. Also the Man's Garage which wasn't a thing on the show but will be present in this world.

The plot involves Tim teaching SDG the importance of manliness, being a man, & why they should vote for Trump. The player has to engage in multiple mini-games involving tools like construction, car repair, & grilling needlessly thick steaks. All of which BTW require the Dualsense's gyro controls like a Wii-era wagglefest collection.

Heartless take on the form of tools naturally. Remember Hammer Frame? Well here's Screwdriver Frame, Saw Frame, Wrench Frame, & of course Picture Frame! There's even a mid-boss fight against a giant toolbox heartless that's spits out the tool heartless. However the actual endboss is Al's mom turned into what Tim insists on repeatedly calling the fattest heartless he's ever seen.

WAluigipants

Awards
p_teenbeachmovie_19869_c9da2172.jpeg

World: Cruisin' Coast
Party Members: Brady and Mack

Unironically found myself enjoying writing this.

Intro: Sora, Donald, and Goofy wipe out on a big wave while surfing together. The three wake up in Wet Side Story, much like how Brady and Mack have in the film. Upon awakening, Sora takes notice that his attire has changed to a biker outfit, and complains to Donald about his magic not working right. Similarly, Donald's attire has changed to that of a surfer, and Goofy's to that of a beachgoer. Goofy points them to a diner (Big Momma's) where he believes that they can ask where they are.

Act 1: The trio enters the diner, and witnesses a surf and turf war between bikers and surfers. Sora suggests trying to break the conflict, but Donald warns him of interfering with the world order. Suddenly, a musical number begins. (Cruisin' for a Bruisin') Unable to stop himself, Sora suddenly finds himself participating in the musical number alongside another outsider, Brady. After the song, Sora introduces himself and Donald and Goofy to Brady, who introduces the three to Mack. Before Brady can explain what's going on, the Heartless appear and throw the diner into chaos, leading the surfers and bikers to flee and hide, Mack and Brady included. As Sora, Donald, and Goofy prepare to fight off the Heartless, Mack suggests they can't just leave the three to fend for themselves. Brady agrees, and the two join the trio in fighting the Heartless. After fending them off, the five are rewarded with an invitation to a dance party at the diner later that evening. Sora and Brady accept, much to the disagreement of Mack, Donald, and Goofy.

Before the party, Brady explains that after wiping out on a giant wave, he and Mack ended up in his favorite movie, Wet Side Story. Sora, Donald, and Goofy huddle together and realize that they've ended up in a world within a world. Brady realizes that he doesn't recognize the three from the film and recognizes that they must be outsiders too. Mack asks where they're from. Sora almost answers truthfully, but the trio instead lies that they ended up in the movie while vacationing.

2. During the dance, when Mack and Brady have a disagreement, the two temporarily separate and end up altering the movie's plot, with Tanner falling in love with Mack and Lela falling for Brady instead of the scripted plot. When they reunite, Brady explains that the story of the movie is falling apart to Mack and the trio. The five then try to work together to get the plot back on track by trying to get Lela and Tanner together. Unfortunately, the Heartless interfere and lead Lela and Tanner to look up to Brady and Mack as heroes. Frustrated, the five leave to think things through and ultimately find themselves captured by the movie's villains, Dr. Fusion, Les Camembert, and Pete, who thinks the movie world is connected to the Book of Prophecies the same way Maleficent thinks the Datascape is connected with the Book of Prophecies. The five are then locked up in a lighthouse lair.

3. In the lair, Sora uses the Keyblade to break himself and his friends free and goes off to stop Pete and the villains. Lela and Tanner arrive (now in love with each other) and are followed by surfers and bikers who help dismantle the machine Dr. Fusion and Les Camembert built. After a boss fight, Sora and the others realize the movie's plot has returned to normal. When Mack and Brady realize this enables them to go home, Sora's Keyblade begins to react to Mack's surfboard and reveals a Keyhole. Sora seals the Keyhole to keep the world safe from the Heartless. Sealing the keyhole also reveals a door, which Sora, Donald, and Goofy use to go home. Mack and Brady use the surfboard to return home, but not long before giving Sora the Surf n' Turf Keyblade.

Post-World Scene: In the Gummi Ship, Sora mentions that the world was fun and reminded him of the fun he had growing up on the Destiny Islands. Goofy wonders if they left Pete trapped in the movie, but Donald suggests that he'll make it out fine as long as Maleficent is still around.

Last edited:
Awards
Last time I cursed everyone with a World based on Tower of Terror. And now I have returned to bring you
MV5BY2JkYWY1NWItZjRkMC00MjBmLWI2Y2MtYzkzMmE2ODJiZjU2L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTE4MzAyNDk@._V1_F...jpg
P.S. This is gonna suck.

World: George Washington Military Academy
Party Member: Kelly Collins

The story opens up with Sora, Donald and Goofy arriving at the academy and after being mistaken for new recruits, they find themselves enrolled! They quickly befriend fellow cadet Kelly Collins and together they look for the source of the Darkness that has invaded the world. It's not long until they discover that the Darkness is coming from Cadet Captain Jennifer Stone, (played by none other than original Yuffie VA Christy Carlson Romano) Kelly's Superior Officer and romantic rival. To protect her secret, Captain Stone puts our heroes through various obstacle courses and attempts to sabotage them by summoning Heartless but to no avail, as the 4 friends pass with flying colors (both figuratively and possibly literally). Some time later the Cadets go to a dance and the party is unsurprisingly crashed by Heartless. In the ensuing chaos Jennifer's dress is ruined, which she blames on Kelly and her friends. As punishment, SDG and Kelly are demoted to the Drill Team (which introduces a rhythm based marching mini-game reminiscent of FFVII's Shinra Parade) where they start to work with Captain Stone, eventually breaking through to her and freeing her from the Darkness in her Heart. Without a Host the Darkness runs rampant, attacking at random. Among the victims of the assault is Kelly's father who has been pushed off a cliff and is hanging on for dear life. The final boss of the world appears, which you're required to beat in a certain time limit before Kelly's Dad falls to his death. After defeating the Heartless and saving the day, the group returns to compete in a Drill competition, but no matter how well you do you're scripted to come in second place. Kelly vows to win the competition next year and Sora, Donald and Goofy promise to help. The screen fades to black as the 4 friends laugh awkwardly. The End.

Soldier

Awards
Last time I cursed everyone with a World based on Tower of Terror. And now I have returned to bring you
View attachment 15876
P.S. This is gonna suck.
YES YES YES @Keyblade Knight 1st Class , THIS is what I'm talking about. You brought out all of the cheesiness that this movie was packed with and made it into one of the worst plots I've seen so far (I mean that in a good way of course). I was anticipating someone doing Cadet Kelly, and I'm very glad it was you that chose to do it. Perhaps the keychain could be called At Ease, and transform into a gun (which I imagine Kelly would have to use as a weapon)

Ah, Teen Beach Movie, a DCOM i'm all too familiar with as it played on loop the summer it premiered when I was at a family friend's vacation house. That being said, I probably wouldn't mind this one even if it has some KH 2 Atlantica music numbers, bonus points if Surf Crazy is the music used for the boss fight. Keychain might be called Hang 10, and boosts damage done by the water spell (naturally).

WAluigipants

Awards
YES YES YES @Keyblade Knight 1st Class , THIS is what I'm talking about. You brought out all of the cheesiness that this movie was packed with and made it into one of the worst plots I've seen so far (I mean that in a good way of course). I was anticipating someone doing Cadet Kelly, and I'm very glad it was you that chose to do it. Perhaps the keychain could be called At Ease, and transform into a gun (which I imagine Kelly would have to use as a weapon)

Ah, Teen Beach Movie, a DCOM i'm all too familiar with as it played on loop the summer it premiered when I was at a family friend's vacation house. That being said, I probably wouldn't mind this one even if it has some KH 2 Atlantica music numbers, bonus points if Surf Crazy is the music used for the boss fight. Keychain might be called Hang 10, and boosts damage done by the water spell (naturally).
Was thinking the Keychain would have a formchanges that are a surfboard and motorcycle, respectively, hence the name Surf n' Turf. Surfboard attacks would probably be reused from Riku's Wavesurfer thing from DDD.

also have been thinking about writing up a world premise for Luck of the Irish but I can barely remember that movie

Soldier

Awards
Was thinking the Keychain would have a formchanges that are a surfboard and motorcycle, respectively, hence the name Surf n' Turf. Surfboard attacks would probably be reused from Riku's Wavesurfer thing from DDD.

also have been thinking about writing up a world premise for Luck of the Irish but I can barely remember that movie
Wikipedia exists for a reason you know?

Soldier

Awards
Been a while since someone's posted on here, I'll change that
We need a replacement for Halloween Town in our theoretical exercise, and seeing as it's almost all hallows eve (at the time of posting this) why not put something festive?
So for this exercise, Halloween Town will be replaced with.... Halloweentown.
1666559859535.png
Now I'll be upfront with all of you: I hardly saw this growing up. I know what it's about and what it eventually became, but for the life of me I never really watched it from beginning to end. Maybe that's because I was still a child and didn't watch much live action stuff, but it just didn't interest me. This is probably the ONLY movie in the DCOM lineup (besides Descendants but I promise you all we'll get to that beast later).

So plot... well...

SDG arrive in their regular uniforms, because unlike the Halloween Town that we all know and love, there are actual mortals present in this place (or just... regular kids that can cast magic like Harry Potter I guess?) and if we've learned anything from the live action ventures in Port Royal, the world order can just be broken because why not? They arrive at the midpoint of the movie, where numerous citizens have been disappearing, and instantly pin the blame on the heartless (which is a half truth). They arrive outside of the grandmother's manor and knock on the door, to be greeted by the three children (Marnie, Dylan and Sophie Piper) who explain why everything looks so cheap (I mean, very scary). They explain that their grandmother is working on a potion to fix the problems with the town (disappearances and heartless included in said problems) and the trio offer their assistance because that's just how these things go. A humorous scene begins when SDG present the grandmother with one of their potions (the ones used to heal them and their allies) to which the witch thanks them, but politely tells them that it isn't THE potion that she needs. The group head off to town where once again a populated area is besieged by heartless, which the trio quickly deal with. The kid's mother arrives to take them back home, but run into Kalabar (who is in cahoots with Maleficent cause why not?) Sensing darkness in him, the trio unanimously agree to keep an eye on him. A fetch quest then ensues ala the real Halloween Town though less exciting, and the talisman and potion are made.

Act 2: With the talisman the group head for the square where everything (just like the movie) is frozen in time, and as the trio rush with the group to the old theater where the grandmother is, they are cut off from joining the climax as Kalabar separates them with the help of an emblem heartless called the smack o' lantern (basically a large pumpkin wearing goblin creature with the ability to shoot out iron gates that restrict movement and close off areas of the square, and slap Sora and co. silly). A battle ensues and the trio emerge victorious, while the kids defeat Kalabar in a cutscene. Following this, the trio bids farewell to the Piper children, who will now recieve lessons from their grandmother on magic, but not before the youngest tries to cast a fire spell, which takes the form of Days' sloppy looking fireballs and explodes, ending the world's plot.
For his troubles, Sora is given the Witch's Talisman, a keychain that allows the keyblade to formchange into a Witch's broom and basket laden with pumpkin bombs that Sora can use to rain down on the forces of darkness.

Soldier

Awards
Been a hot minute since anyone's posted on here, guess I might try and revive it. We need another weird cheesy DCOM, something that honestly no one expects....
1675210758637.jpeg
Oh yeah, you'll do.
World name: High-tech hills
Party member: No one, the protagonist Ben Cooper can cook and clean, but cannot fight. Cody Griffin this guy is not.
As for plot, well....

1: Sora Donald and Goofy land in the suburbs, right in front of the smart house that the movie is based around. There they notice heartless running amok outside and the eponymous smart house PAT (played by original actress and Leela from Futurama Katey Sagal, and yes, it is very distracting watching the movie with that knowledge) is in overdrive taking them out with all of the bells and whistles she has equipped. She's so good at fighting them in fact, that SDG don't even get a single hit in. After the battle, Sora approaches the house to thank whoever's controlling it for helping them, only to be pushed off the front steps by Pat, who deems Sora and co as burglars trying to attack the Cooper family. Oh yeah, for those who have seen the movie we're placing SDG in the end game, no beating around the bush here. Sora presses further, asking PAT if the Cooper family want to be trapped within the house's walls. PAT says that it doesn't matter, protecting her family (in other words, what she holds dear) is the most important thing to her. Before Sora can get another word in, PAT summons giant fans from her openings (the film displays them as like, openings to the left of the front door) and blows them far away. Behind a tree nearby, Maleficent watches with a grin, seeing such strong will in the robotic house and deems it a worthy candidate to make into a heartless (and a new castle, because remember ever since KH 2 she abandoned Hollow Bastion, tried to claim Disney Castle and The Castle that Never Was (and failed) Maleficent's homeless guys, this is an issue).

2: After flying through the air the trio crash into the ground in a pile very reminiscent of the one they ended up in when they first met, but right in front of Sara Barnes (the architect of the smart house). Introductions are made and Sara explains that she's rushing to save the Cooper family, as they'll die (oops, I mean, lose their hearts to darkness) in the home and that wouldn't look great for her company. She joins the trio as an unofficial party member, unable to fight but with them on the sidelines as they move their way through the heartless infested town. Because as it turns out, Maleficent decided to make her stand here, and infected PAT with a virus-like heartless called the House M0-U53 (a computer-mouse like heartless, similar to the illuminator in KH 2 it's pretty small, but that doesn't make it any less dangerous) and summoned numerous heartless to take over the town (maybe some Bad Dogs and.... Soldiers? not a lot of enemy designs for an suburban world are there?). SDG cut their way through the hordes and make their way in front of the infected PAT, who is in a frenzied state. Sara asks Sora to open the way for her and because the keyblade can open any lock (even electronic locks apparently) he opens one of the side shutters for Sara to get in. Enraged by the breach in security, PAT sucks SDG into her basement (with vacuums, I swear).

3: In the dark 90's inspired basement PAT shows her projection form (which again, is Katey Sagal in a housewife uniform) and engages the party in battle. Despite her campy appearance, she's a pretty potent threat within the deadly domicile, capable of turning into a giant to crush SDG or turning into a literal HURRICANE to throw them around the room. Eventually Sora sees the M0-U53 and strikes it down, calming PAT. Insert a soapbox speech from Sora how while it's great to want to protect what you care about, keeping a family hostage for the rest of their lives isn't the way to do it. PAT sees the error of her ways, and opens the house back up (we never see the Cooper family by the way, I know they provide a lot of emotional firepower ESPECIALLY Ben, who misses his deceased mother dearly and tries to fill the void left in her absence. But I think it's best that we don't see them, kind of like how most of the toys in Toy Box are implied to be in another world). With another domain freed from her clutches, Maleficent leaves in a huff, and Sora is given the Keyboard keychain (get it?), which formchanges into a mobile supercomputer chair that allows him to launch lasers at the forces of evil.

Awards
This Halloween, whatever you do...
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
Oh yeah, things are about to get spooky.

(Before you say anything, yes I realize that this is out of season but I got really excited and I don't want to wait that long 😂)

So without further ado.

World: Middleberg
Party Members: Frances Bacon McCausland and Larry Houdini (yes those are their real names)

Sora, Donald and Goofy arrive in the midst of an epidemic of seemingly childish pranks (cars being egged, pools filled with gelatin etc.) and they meet Frances, the young highschool girl suspected of the incidents. The letter B is also spray-painted all over town as well as on the school lockers except for, of course, Frances' locker where the "B" is mysteriously on the inside. The four are introduced to Larry Houdini, a self proclaimed imaginary friend who claims that Frances is being framed by the Boogeyman. The town suffers a blackout (foreshadowed by the Bs) which causes a Heartless invasion! Once again Frances' house is unaffected, further implicating her as the culprit, creating a rift between her and her friends and family. Our party fights their way to the library to check out The Boogey Book and formulate a plan to build a contraption that will cause the Boogeyman to prematurely age into an old man, rendering him harmless. We learn that Larry is the imaginary friend of Frances' younger brother Darwin and that a Boogeyman is created when an imaginary friend is no longer believed in. Darwin is dragged into the Boogeyworld through the portal under his bed, with the group of heroes diving in after him to confront the Boogeyman. As Darwin stops believing in his friend, Larry turns on the party after becoming a Boogeyman himself. A fight ensues where the goal is to convince Darwin to believe again, while he's also being dragged away by the other Boogeyman. Larry returns to normal and uses the device from The Boogey Book, and Frances remembers the true identity of the Boogeyman. It's Zoe, her imaginary friend from when she was a kid. She became a Boogeyman and lashed out because Frances forgot about her. She returns to normal but all of the Darkness she had in her Heart has taken on a mind of it's own, manifesting itself as a massive Boogeyman Heartless. After an epic battle, the seven friends (both real and imaginary) escape the Boogeyworld. Frances realizes that even adults can believe in imaginary friends as long as they still have a child like sense of wonder in their Hearts. Upon learning that similar events are occuring in a neighboring city, Larry and Zoe depart to take care of the Boogeyman behind it but before they leave they promise to help SDG whenever they need it, unlocking a new summon. Sora says something profound about being a child at heart but Donald dismisses it, reminding Sora that he'll always be a child (and not just at heart either). Wondering what he meant by that, Sora begins chasing Donald around as the screen fades and the story comes to an end.

Sonofjafar

Awards
MV5BZGYyNmU2NmEtNGU1ZS00YjFkLWI0MWQtZjU2MmUxZDAyN2UxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

Disney owns 20th Century Fox so this counts.

Anyway, here’s the plot:

Sora, Donald, and Goofy arrive in the dungeon where Robin of Locksley and Asneeze are being held prisoner and Sora breaks them out. A heartless battle ensues which Sora and Co win. They agree to assist Robin on his journey home, even after having to walk back ti England through the ocean. When they discover Robin’s estate has been taken, Sora and Co decide to help him in his revolt against the evil Prince John. A few random encounters and cutscenes later (most of which involve fourth wall breaks that leave Sora, Donald and Goofy incredibly confused), the final battle against the sherif of Nottingham and Prince John is won and Robin Hood and Maid Marian are married by Rabbit Tuckman. As Sora and Co take their leave, Robin and Marian discover the lock to her chastity belt doesn’t unlock. However, Sora is already gone before Robin can ask for assistance

Back