• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Crazy Contest 3.1 - Round two - Nintendo DS or $130 Gift Cert

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

spdude

Since the other thread already has 10,000+ replies, I saw it fit to continue round two in a new thread. Given the size of the prizes involved, of course every round of this contest was always intended to begin from week one again, with the 60 minute duration.

Okay, I have been thinking of a fun way to have a contest just for forum users and here it is:
lol.gif

What are the prizes?
Nintendo DS OR $130 Dollar Amazon.com Gift Card - Dark Essence
Nintendo DS OR $130 Dollar Amazon.com Gift Card - WHO WILL WIN THIS PRIZE?
Nintendo DS OR $130 Dollar Amazon.com Gift Card - WHO WILL WIN THIS PRIZE?

- There is no purchase necessary.

- The winner of this contest will receive one of the prizes as stated above.

The last poster to THIS THREAD will be declared the winner!

What determines the last poster is how much time goes by between posts. It will start at 1 hour between posts. So if 61 minutes go by without someone posting and you were the last post then you win! The time frame will get shorter over time (weekly)! Once we have the first place winner, the contest begins all over again all the way until we have three different winners.

Week 1 - 1 hour without a post
Week 2 - 30 mins without a post [Current]
Week 3 - 15 mins without a post
Week 4 - 5 mins without a post
Week 5 - 3 min without a post
Week 6 - 1 min without a post - Until we have a winner! (The times on this thread will settle any dispute.)

The weeks officialy start on Mondays. ALL TIMES ARE EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Week 2 starts 11/5/2007 at 00:00:01
Week 3 starts 11/12/2007 at 00:00:01 [Current]
Week 4 starts 11/19/2007 at 00:00:01
Week 5 starts 11/26/2007 at 00:00:01
Week 6 starts 12/03/2007 at 00:00:01

When the contest gets down to minutes there will need to be +1 added so that the full time frame passes. For instance if 1 minute must pass then actually 2 will show for a winner and so on. Another example would be if 5 minutes has to pass then a difference of 6 minutes actually need to be reflected.

When you post in this thread, you don't have to say anything meaningful, but it does have to stay within the KHI rules, see http://forums.khinsider.com/showthread.php?t=18876 It would be best to just start chatting. ^_~

From the time you are announced as a winner, you will have 72 hours to claim your prize by sending a PM to myself or spdude.

Thanks and good luck! The Contest Starts Now!!! :thumbsup:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions:

Is there any time of the day or night where hours are excluded from the contest and a winner may not be declared?

Yes, given the nature of the prizes involved it seems appropriate to exclude the four hours between 2.00 am EST and 6.00 EST. No winner may be declared due to lack of posting within this time frame.

How do you plan on issuing the prizes?
Hard goods will be shipped to winning parties. If for whatever reason that is not feasable or the winner actually would prefer not to have the DS shipped then gift certificates will be emailed.

What if there is a problem, like the website goes temporarily down... in such an event, does the last poster still win?
If there is any trouble for ANY reason, the contest will be placed on hold until the problem passes.

Is the contest open to international participants?
Yes, it sure is!

Can KHI Mods, Super Mods, and Admin compete in this contest?
Everyone can participate, exluding spdude since he is funding the prizes. spdude can however block a winner by posting in thread.

Can I have someone post for me on my account while I get some rest?
No. That wouldn't be fair to everyone else. If you wish to participate, it must only be you posting, using your account. Anyone found to be cheating will automatically be disqualified.

-Rules and Regulations are subject to change.

Edit: if there are outstanding prizes left from previous contests which have not yet been honered (due to my being on vacation during those days or whatever reason), feel free to PM me with link to where you won, and I'll have that prize sent out asap.

Last edited by a moderator:

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
wow, so it started again. IS EVERYONE HAPPY YET?!

I'll see you all in three weeks when someone can actually win.

Krimsun Monkeh

Bronze Member
I think spdude stated that if it stayed at fifteen minutes the contest would be too short =/

Krimsun Monkeh

Bronze Member
cyberseraph said:
Yes, I think keeping it at fifteen would be good, instead of doing the one hour reset thing. Just my opinion though.

Well, it's a contest so I guess it's suppose to be long. =P

cyberseraph said:
With an hour though, it will take forever.

Indeed, I highly doubt anyone will win until week 3.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Well, having this go on for another 2 weeks before the 15 minute round again is as good as the contest ending in 3 day to me, because in the 2 weeks until anyone has a meager chance of winning, I can finally catch up on my gaming as apposed to having to be paranoid about the 15 minute round so much that I can't tear myself away from the contest to play some Phoenix Wright xD also DE I talked to spdude and he agrees that since you've already won you are not to be posting the contest any more

Krimsun Monkeh

Bronze Member
Dark Essence said:
Rofl, this has to suck for you guys.

Bah, you're lucky you already won.

cyberseraph said:
Oh, boo. Might as wel not post again till fifteen minutes.

Okiez =P I will see you in 2 weeks xD.

TheMuffinMan said:
Well, having this go on for another 2 weeks before the 15 minute round again is as good as the contest ending in 3 day to me, because in the 2 weeks until anyone has a meager chance of winning, I can finally catch up on my gaming as apposed to having to be paranoid about the 15 minute round so much that I can't tear myself away from the contest to play some Phoenix Wright xD

xD, perfect timing huh =p

Dark Essence

Bronze Member
Well, having this go on for another 2 weeks before the 15 minute round again is as good as the contest ending in 3 day to me, because in the 2 weeks until anyone has a meager chance of winning, I can finally catch up on my gaming as apposed to having to be paranoid about the 15 minute round so much that I can't tear myself away from the contest to play some Phoenix Wright xD also DE I talked to spdude and he agrees that since you've already won you are not to be posting the contest any more
Calm your nipples, I'm not going to block anymore.

My post simply won't count at all.

The making of a new thread completely kills "the plan" anyways.

ltwi13

hey. i'm back. hey, is TMM here? or at least does anybody know what spdude told him about the way DE keeps on posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back