• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane | Future Tense Level | June 29th for all Platforms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Actually, the water in at least the Egypt levels was always transparent:

[video=youtube;mMsi7RSN4Mg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMsi7RSN4Mg[/video]

Still excited for these anyway. I'm definitely buying it (how fast depends on how much money I still have after my vacation though). Crash was a good part of my childhood. (also hoping that if this does well enough, it may get the ball rolling for a similar treatment for the Insomniac Spyro trilogy)

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Man, I haven't touched a Crash game since Crash Team Racing came out in the 90's. I'm getting excited to replay the first three games again. Warped was always my favorite one.

Speaking about the difficulty of the first game from posts made months ago, are you guys sure it was as hard as you say it was? I don't remember having any trouble with it as a kid. Maybe it's because most platformers from the 90's were difficult, so it just seems normal in my childhood memories?

Precursor Mar

I just think the game's art direction is misplaced. I remember watching a short interview with the director and him saying something along the lines of "To me, Crash is like a cartoon". But when you watch earlier level showcases, it's just Activision/VV droning on about all these "realistic" graphical effects that have been possible since the freaking PS2 era. "Oh look at this water engine we created it's so immersive! We're using dynamic lighting to give the game a more realistic and modern look! Look at all this foliage! Remember when people were obsessed with foliage? We won THAT race!" Just what the hell are you blabbering on about?

It reminds me of the god awful Ratchet remake with it's bland Pixar-esque visuals. It's missing that Looney Tunes aesthetic the originals had going on.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
rn340yum9h1z.jpg

coming soon

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Man, I haven't touched a Crash game since Crash Team Racing came out in the 90's. I'm getting excited to replay the first three games again. Warped was always my favorite one.

Speaking about the difficulty of the first game from posts made months ago, are you guys sure it was as hard as you say it was? I don't remember having any trouble with it as a kid. Maybe it's because most platformers from the 90's were difficult, so it just seems normal in my childhood memories?

Nah, the first was definitely harder imo. For 1 thing, you had to legit clear all the boxes without losing a life to get the gems. Checkpoints didn't help. And then there those levels on that misty bridge...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

lol the last Crash game I played was the Wrath of Cortex in the PS2. xD But I'm eager to give the trilogy a try. My first Crash game was the second one, so I've only played that one and TWOC.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I got a chance to play the demo over the weekend. Can confirm, hard as hell even on easy mode. I forgot how difficult is it to time the jumps. I lost so many lives...I was so embarrassed lmao

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I got a chance to play the demo over the weekend. Can confirm, hard as hell even on easy mode. I forgot how difficult is it to time the jumps. I lost so many lives...I was so embarrassed lmao
Was this at a Best Buy or something? I hate gaming in public. I remember picking up the controller for Ratcher and Clank: Into the Nexus and immediately missing a swing shot and falling to my death. I put the controller down and quickly moved away lmao.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Was this at a Best Buy or something? I hate gaming in public. I remember picking up the controller for Ratcher and Clank: Into the Nexus and immediately missing a swing shot and falling to my death. I put the controller down and quickly moved away lmao.

Yes, it was at Best Buy. It had the first level from the first game. You could choose difficulty at easy, normal, or hard. The controls felt like moving a tank. Thankfully it was early morning and no one was watching. I definitely looked around the room to see if anyone was watching how many deaths I had on the first segment haha

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Different difficulties.... Interesting.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I wonder how difficulty would even effect gameplay. At most, you got three hits (Level 2 Aku Aku, and Crash). I suppose hard would be instant death no matter what Aku Aku you had. While easy could be two hits per Aku Aku level?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That Crash / R&C bundle is so good.

I do also wonder about the difficulty though. Are the enemies faster? Longer range? And do difficulties apply for relic runs too? If yes, are the times even shorter?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yeah, I'm pretty amped now to play this. I'm happy it's right around the corner too.

Back