• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane | Future Tense Level | June 29th for all Platforms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
At least they're using his compositions instead of replacing it with new stuff.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I know a lot of people really hate the fact that studios are handing out remakes of games left and right, but this actually excites me so much. I would love if this inspired remakes of other Playstation One games on Playstation 4. I mean, we are getting a remake of Final Fantasy 7 in future. We're getting Crash Bandicoot. I suppose we also got Resident Evil 1 and will soon get 2. The game I really want is Spyro the Dragon though. I feel having that as a remaster would be pretty spectacular for the child within me.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I like remakes. When it comes to remasters though, my biggest issue is that it's way too often a recent game that's already available in 720p on console and 4K on PC if you wanna go that route. We need more PS2 era games in HD. Too many gems still depend on an emulator to look decent by today's standards.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I know a lot of people really hate the fact that studios are handing out remakes of games left and right, but this actually excites me so much. I would love if this inspired remakes of other Playstation One games on Playstation 4. I mean, we are getting a remake of Final Fantasy 7 in future. We're getting Crash Bandicoot. I suppose we also got Resident Evil 1 and will soon get 2. The game I really want is Spyro the Dragon though. I feel having that as a remaster would be pretty spectacular for the child within me.

Well, when it comes to remakes, you've got three variations. You've got a port (a game compatible from one console to another with minimal to no changes), a remaster (a game with improved assets and HD compatibility) and a remake (a game with changed assets and changed content). The Crash Bandicoot trilogy is a mixture of a remaster and remake because the core games are exactly the same, but, the assets have been completely changed.

If this is successful enough, hopefully the first three Spyro games will have this treatment too (without his stupid Skylanders incarnation)! Unlike Crash Bandicoot, I only played the first Spyro game so I'd love to play the other two Spyro games in a more ideal format.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Crash's Skylanders design was actually a neat little homage to the original concept art of Crash.

anyway, I'm softening up to the remake. adding time trials to Crash 1 & 2 is LIT

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;-tSpxblKUqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tSpxblKUqM[/video]

Release date trailer. June 30,2017

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Glad we have a release date to look forward for.
Was just kinda hoping it might be a tad earlier, but heck, let's do it.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The trophies for the first game will be the stuff of nightmares haha.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
The trophies for the first game will be the stuff of nightmares haha.

I don't think I've ever completed a Crash game 100%. However, I have completed 2 and 3 to the end, at least. However, I remember struggling a lot with the first game. And this isn't just like, "Wow, I was a dumb kid who couldn't play it properly."

I didn't pick up the first game until a few years ago. I literally find it really hard to play in general. I dunno if I can Platinum this one. But damn, I'll try.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I don't think I've ever completed a Crash game 100%. However, I have completed 2 and 3 to the end, at least. However, I remember struggling a lot with the first game. And this isn't just like, "Wow, I was a dumb kid who couldn't play it properly."

I didn't pick up the first game until a few years ago. I literally find it really hard to play in general. I dunno if I can Platinum this one. But damn, I'll try.

The first Crash was my first game ever, I was 4 or 5 years old. While I loved it, I never beat it as a kid. I went back to it maybe 3 years ago and finally beat it. And I must say, it's hard as fuck.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
The first Crash was my first game ever, I was 4 or 5 years old. While I loved it, I never beat it as a kid. I went back to it maybe 3 years ago and finally beat it. And I must say, it's hard as fuck.

It's not just my imagination that it's harder than the next 2 games, right? Because my god, I am not this lame at video games, smh.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
No, I'm with you that Crash 1 is harder than the other two are.
First time I played through the game, I just couldn't get past the first hog level for the life of me, and had to use a 100% code to play every subsequrnt level.

I did get the trilogy on my PS3 back in September to play through them again; and my plan was to get the 100% ending for all three of them (105% for Crash 3 of course).
I have gotten 100% on Crash 2 multiple times before, so that was easy; I am not a fan of time attacks in games, so I struggled with Crash 3, but got the true ending, at 104%, (think I need 2 gold Relics - no thanks I got the ending).

For Crash 1, I think I'm at around 75%, following a guide to which stages has which Gems, and such, and I just put it down. Way too time-consuming. It is still part of my Video Game Bucket List, to 100% Crash 1, but I need to gather more energy before picking that back up

Also Crash seems to slide more, than in the sequels.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah, even though I finally beat Crash 1 a few years ago, I definitely didn't 100% it. That game is rough, way harder than 2 and 3. 2 and 3 honestly just got way more refined, smoother control of Crash as well as new abilities for him changed the ball game.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I agree with folks here, the first game is was the hardest. Wans`t there even a level made fro Crash 1 that was so difficult in the end that the developers decided not to put into the game.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Boss Trailer

[video=youtube;AaV3vcg1tcc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaV3vcg1tcc[/video]

This takes me way way way back

Precursor Mar

I'm I the only one who thinks game looks kinda bad?

Like, look at this:

W3qBuUF.png

mZpsbkZ.png

TXSRItj.png

Also, what the hell is up with Coco's face?

xPif4qp.png

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Personally, I don't think the water looks that bad when in motion.

But I do think the water looks a little out of place. Like they made it too realistic, for the cartoony characters and environments. In the original, the water was always blue, but here it's transparent, and only has colour when the lighting hits fromvarious angles, and it really clashes with the cartoony aesthetics.

Generally the characters look great, Bearminator (what they call 'Giant Polar Bear') looks terrifying, but a couple of movements take me out of the world. And some of the environments look to have their colours washed off, and look a bit more bland than the originals. And the Polar music from Crash 2, what did they do with the intro?

But overall, from what I have seen, Vicarious Visions have honoured the originals to the best of their abilities, and it looks like they might have taken som fan feedback, as some of the videos released have shiówn various textural improvements. Or maybe those were just coincidental earlier builds that are now outdated; who knows?

I am still positively excited for this, but I am with those who aren't that impressed with the looks.

Back