REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Ice Queen
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
Welp, it finally happened

Cowboy Bebop Is Getting a Live-Action TV Series - IGN
A live-action television adaptation of Cowboy Bebop is in development.Deadline reports the beloved '90s anime, which follows a group of spacefaring bounty hunters, is in the works at Tomorrow Studios, a join venture between ITV Studios and television producer Marty Adelstein (Prison Break: Resurrection).

Tomorrow Studios is partnering with the Japanese animation studio behind the original anime, Sunrise, as well as Midnight Radio, who'll both executive produce the remake. Christopher Yost, the screenwriter behind both Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok, will pen the live-action series. No release date for the remake has been set yet

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
  • Ninja'd
  • Nose Stuck in a Book
Nobody asked for this. Nobody wants this. Nobody could feasibly pull it off in live action.

This picture, however, is fantastic and the only good thing to come out of this.

Zettaflare

Ice Queen
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
People said it would never happen but since Ghost in the Shell got its live action film this may actually become a thing. Sunrise is aiding with the series so there may be hope.

Zettaflare

Ice Queen
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
Hopefully they find a good kid actor for Ed.

Alex Hassel is a great choice to play Vicious.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Tomb Raider
I'm loving the casting.
Luke Cage as Jet? I'm all about that.

Rydgea

"contrary little shit"
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
  • News Hound
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
I hope they give the characters 1,000x more depth than they had in the original anime. I was bored to tears when I finally watched it. The hypetrain surrounding this cardboard anime is mind-boggling.

Zettaflare

Ice Queen
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
If this turns out to be a hit I want to see more Netflix adaptations of other oldschool Adult Swim anime. A live action Trigun would be amazing

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
  • The Foreteller
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Keyblade Master
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
It actually makes sense that Ed would be the second hardest casting decision (the hardest clearly being best boi Ein). The other three members are walking, talking, archetypes that have been tried and tested in live-action, but Ed's character is so cartoonish that they may have to reinvent Ed's character significantly.

As for the rest, I'm not quite familiar with the actors potraying Jet and Faye, but John Cho as Spike is definitely a great choice in casting.

Rodin

Awards
After Death Note, I lost my optimism for American adaptations so I'm pretty wary of new attempts. Maybe Cowboy Bebop could break the mold because it's a cyberpunk noir/"space western" but I've been burned before.

Adapting Cowboy Bebop as a tv show is a double edge sword to me. At first glance, it has an episodic nature that lends itself more easily to TV than Film. But the success of the anime was because it didn't overstay it's welcome so I'm curious if they can still keep Cowboy Bebop after 3-4 seasons etc.