• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Young Xehanort potentially be a playable character in Re Mind?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade07

i know it’s a wishful thinking to play as the Cool villains but unlike MX who has reached the road of his journey, we still have Young xehanort who is still important according to his conversation with (possibly) the master of masters, and in that cutscene we see YX claiming to have explored few worlds with the coat of darkness (the MoM gave him) that he is wearing, will we be able to explore that journey of his? Young xehanort is honestly tied with terra as my favorite character so I would definitely love seeing him as gameplay, what about you?

Sora’s Skyline

Awards
People have speculated that he may be the playable character in the game between 3 and 4. As a way to fill in more details on the story of UX as the MoM tells him why he is essential and as we explore his motivations, as well as learn a great deal about Scala. Most assume we may be able to explore Scala in ReMind but won’t get to learn all that much about its backstory.

but I really don’t think he’s playable in remind. They are adding playable heroes. So unless they are creating a brawl type of scenario, then I don’t think any bad guys (including any form of X) will be playable

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
People have speculated that he may be the playable character in the game between 3 and 4. As a way to fill in more details on the story of UX as the MoM tells him why he is essential and as we explore his motivations, as well as learn a great deal about Scala. Most assume we may be able to explore Scala in ReMind but won’t get to learn all that much about its backstory.

but I really don’t think he’s playable in remind. They are adding playable heroes. So unless they are creating a brawl type of scenario, then I don’t think any bad guys (including any form of X) will be playable
Nomura said he thought about a game that would explain Eraqus's and Xehanort's past but doesn't have the time for it. If he already had some ideas he may use them (and Back Cover 2) as part of KH 3.8 Ultradefinitive Chapter Prologue.
It would be just like how some ideas for BBS volume 2 were repurposed as 0.2.

I'm joking, but I won't be surprised if that happens someday.

Anyway, I agrree I'd like a full game about young X&E. Specially if it details their frienship, how Xehanort left Destiny Islands, Eraqus's blueblood heritage and much needed lore explaining the foundation of Scala ad Caelum after Daybreak Town fell, and the apparent connection between Scala and Land of Departure. I already see the lore being explained through 'Keyblade Legacy Reports' written by their Master, scattered around Scala ad Caelum.

Keyblade07

Nomura said he thought about a game that would explain Eraqus's and Xehanort's past but doesn't have the time for it. If he already had some ideas he may use them (and Back Cover 2) as part of KH 3.8 Ultradefinitive Chapter Prologue.
It would be just like how some ideas for BBS volume 2 were repurposed as 0.2.

I'm joking, but I won't be surprised if that happens someday.

Anyway, I agrree I'd like a full game about young X&E. Specially if it details their frienship, how Xehanort left Destiny Islands, Eraqus's blueblood heritage and much needed lore explaining the foundation of Scala ad Caelum after Daybreak Town fell, and the apparent connection between Scala and Land of Departure. I already see the lore being explained through 'Keyblade Legacy Reports' written by their Master, scattered around Scala ad Caelum.
They might add a 3rd girl to become a trio of their own if they made spin off story for xehanort.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I don't see him being playable in KH3RM and honestly I rather he not be. There's enough they need to do with Re:Mind expanding on YX isn't a priority to me.

I'm more than open for a game expanding on his past and relationship with Eraques (and the inevitable girl of their trio).
Even if it were just a shorter episode like game similar to 0.2.

It'd be a good vehicle to explain the connection between Daybreak Town, Scala Ad Caluem, the Keyblade Graveyard and the Land Of Departure.

darknessofheart

Awards
Honestly, I would rather just move forward with the story and move away from Xehanort. He's finally, finally dead.

With how complicated his backstory has become, I would just want Remind to fill in the blanks in a more simple way. Less is more sometimes.

Nomura has this idea that his stories need to be as complicated as possible in order to be good, so I shudder to think how many retcons and overly complicated plot points he would add.

Kingdom Hearts X is a perfect example of that. He literally seems to be making the story up as he goes. Rather than Ven just being from another world, he is now a time traveling keyblade wielder from the past and now a device called ark has been introduced that will take away one's body and send the heart to a fixed destination. The story is becoming more and more absurd.

Last edited:

Any

Awards
Playing as Young Xehanort would make me fall asleep.

Keyblade07

Honestly, I would rather just move forward with the story and move away from Xehanort. He's finally, finally dead.

With how complicated his backstory has become, I would just want Remind to fill in the blanks in a more simple way. Less is more sometimes.

Nomura has this idea that his stories need to be as complicated as possible in order to be good, so I shudder to think how many retcons and overly complicated plot points he would add.

Kingdom Hearts X is a perfect example of that. He literally seems to be making the story up as he goes. Rather than Ven just being from another world, he is now a time traveling keyblade wielder from the past and now a device called ark has been introduced that will take away one's body and send the heart to a fixed destination. The story is becoming more and more absurd.
I’m with you on that part but I would rather have young xehanort get his own pasty story spin off instead of continuing after kh3 cause looks like he still has important role to the story so he is sticking with us for a while which I had hoped it would end with xehanort saga, his a cool character ( even tho I wanted the xehanort stuff to end in kh3) so I’m ok with him.

darknessofheart

Awards
I’m with you on that part but I would rather have young xehanort get his own pasty story spin off instead of continuing after kh3 cause looks like he still has important role to the story so he is sticking with us for a while which I had hoped it would end with xehanort saga, his a cool character ( even tho I wanted the xehanort stuff to end in kh3) so I’m ok with him.

I'm not sure how he is sticking with the story. He'll probably be referenced, but I don't think much beyond that. I think Remind will be his encore. If he appears again, it would just be because Nomura likes him as a character, but it would just be more bad writing to bring him back yet again. I think his role is finished. For a prequel maby, but even that I wouldn't want anytime soon.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards

I assume Scala became the Land of Departure as they look very similar. We saw that the owner (?) of the world is able to freely change its form to fit it's needs like how it became Castle Oblivion, so perhaps once the number of Keyblade users became smaller and smaller between the events of the Era of Fairy Tales and YX and YE childhood, Eraqus decided to change the world again into it's current form as it's much smaller in comparison.

Similarly, Scala might have been Daybreak Town beforehand and it was changed into that form after the conclusion of whatever is going to happen in Union x.

As for the thread original question, I wouldn't mind a spin off in-between 3 and 4 showing their past as long as we don't get another girl character to make a trio. I hope we just don't get any more trips in general going forward as it severely limits character building and personality lol
(But would love if it turns out Xehanort and Eraqus (and possibly Yen Sid as well) masters turned out to be a Woman)

Keyblade07

I'm not sure how he is sticking with the story. He'll probably be referenced, but I don't think much beyond that. I think Remind will be his encore. If he appears again, it would just because Nomura likes him as a character, but it would just be more bad writing to bring him back yet again. I think his role is finished. For a prequel maby, but even that I wouldn't want anytime soon.
He has gray eyes again which means he has taken different route in life other then Following the footsteps of his old self, so yea I guess he wasn’t just referenced maybe he is indeed still part of the story.

darknessofheart

Awards
He has gray eyes again which means he has taken different route in life other then Following the footsteps of his old self, so yea I guess he wasn’t just referenced maybe he is indeed still part of the story.

Gray eyes when? In the scene with the MoM in Remind? That's most likely set in the past to explain why Xehanort turned to darkness. That's not him choosing a different route from his older self, that's him beginning the journey to become that older self. Outside of that, he had gray eyes after he died in spirit form...but yeah he died so I don't see him playing an active role going forward.

Last edited:

Keyblade07

B
Gray eyes when? In the scene with the MoM in Remind? That's most likely set in the past to explain why Xehanort turned to darkness. That's not him choosing a different route from his older self, that's him begining the journey to become that older self. Outside of that, he had gray eyes after he died in spirit form...but yeah he died so I don't see him playing an active role going forward.
If that’s true then KH back at it again with changing the original concept... oh well even tho would be cool if we get villain with keyblade to be playable but anyhow ty for letting me know:)

Back