• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could we fight, or at least see, a Seeker of Darkness in 0.2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerGuy88

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
From the 0.2 opening, we can see, i think, 2 dark orbs representing Seekers of Darkness turning the Castle of Dreams into darkness. I was thinking that there might be a Seeker of Darkness within the Realm of Darkness and I think we might encounter one of them there. We might not see who it is because the person will wear a black coat to cover their face but we could possible see how he fight or what weapon they'll use. What do you guys think?

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't think so... that's obe of the things you'd want to do in the main game/bigger game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Since there's multiple bosses already confirmed, I'd imagine a sufficiently epic final boss of some sort is waiting for us.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I could see at least revealing one or two of the Thirteen since they're alluded to in the trailer.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Since there's multiple bosses already confirmed, I'd imagine a sufficiently epic final boss of some sort is waiting for us.

I'm expecting this. I definitely can't see us fighting every single Seeker before the great encounter, but certainly a couple before the fight in the Keyblade Graveyard. And I must say, if we do end up fighting every Seeker in the Graveyard, it would have to be the longest final boss sequence in the history of gaming. I mean, thirteen bosses, and one or another because Master Xehanort might have another form or two.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mmmh... I have mixed feelings. While it's true they could do a semi-CoM thing and peel away some bosses from KH III, that game's entire purpose is the clash between the seven and the thirteen. If you permanently defeat even one of them, everything's already decided I guess?
So, at best it could be a match like Xemnas in KH1, with no definitive loser.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't think so... that's obe of the things you'd want to do in the main game/bigger game.

I disagree. The final boss needs to have a huge pay-off. And whoever the hypothetical Seeker of Darkness is, it doesn't mean that they're defeated... it just means that we battle them using Aqua.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Would work as a final boss I guess. I hope there's also a cool secret boss. It's a short game but maaybe.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I disagree. The final boss needs to have a huge pay-off. And whoever the hypothetical Seeker of Darkness is, it doesn't mean that they're defeated... it just means that we battle them using Aqua.
That's it. I don't want to fight a SoD using Aqua. Unless they make the story makes sense. Which SoD would be in the RoD, anyway? In KH1-CoM time?
Let's agree to disagree

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think Xemnas would be the perfect canidate for a final boss. He resembles Terra the most out of Xehanort's incarnations, which would add tension.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
do we really want to battle xemnas for the fourth time?

i'm hoping for something a bit more unique feeling for the final boss for 0.2.

and if they're going to make it a seeker of darkness, wouldn't it be more satisfying for it to be one of the ones we don't already know?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Y'know, I'd rather take on that army of Darksides. Revamp their behavior, make them a bit less slow and predictable, force us to take advantage of all of Aqua's magic and agility to win. We're gonna have plenty of opportunities to bash the Norts' faces in later.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why add xehanorts to another game? They are going to be the focus of III, already were alluded to in 0.2's opening, and all of those darksides look a hell of a lot more interesting. But i'd be down for an original lovecraftian abomination to fight for the finale as well.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Remember, the topic isn't just about fighting them.

A Darkness appearing in 0.2 doesn't guarantee a battle with them.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Remember, the topic isn't just about fighting them.

A Darkness appearing in 0.2 doesn't guarantee a battle with them.

I'm aware, i just feel it would take too much focus away from aqua's arc. Her being driven mad by the loneliness is more interesting then a hundred goddamn people meeting her. Mickey and ansem are one thing, but adding in a villain who's going to get limelight in the next game just doesnt seen practical.

Unless they do some trippy mind shit and allude to ven and terra being darknesses. But i kind of think of wonder if that could be a red herring? Like, its too obvious. Considering her arc thus far, what if aqua herself becomes a darkness?

Either trading places with one of her friends or succumbing to darkness herself, which would be good development instead of being a mary sue with little personality, or even a mix of both. I know this wasnt meant to be a theory thread, but its technically on topic.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'm aware, i just feel it would take too much focus away from aqua's arc. Her being driven mad by the loneliness is more interesting then a hundred goddamn people meeting her. Mickey and ansem are one thing, but adding in a villain who's going to get limelight in the next game just doesnt seen practical.

Unless they do some trippy mind shit and allude to ven and terra being darknesses. But i kind of think of wonder if that could be a red herring? Like, its too obvious. Considering her arc thus far, what if aqua herself becomes a darkness?

Either trading places with one of her friends or succumbing to darkness herself, which would be good development instead of being a mary sue with little personality, or even a mix of both. I know this wasnt meant to be a theory thread, but its technically on topic.
While the idea is neat, given what we've seen so far, I don't think it could happen without feeling like a complete asspull. Like on one hand, we got all this hopeful buildup between "There's always a way," Mickey saving her from fading, and that Sora imagery at the end of the 0.2 intro... and then it ends with Aqua basically getting defeated by the darkness? Sure, no one expects the diabolus ex machina, but I can't see it sitting well with anyone. Besides maybe the darkness fanboys.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Hypothetically if the Darkness(es) appeared in 0.2, it would likely be due to a connection with Aqua.

0.2 isn't just about her loneliness, it's about her feelings towards Ven and Terra as we see from the opening cinematic and the trailers. She clearly has a lot of guilt in regards to them, so imagine if that guilt is reaffirmed with her having them confirmed to be her enemies and that their sacrifices in BBS amounted to nothing.

Luxu

Awards
Well, they wouldn't die...

I am really looking to the Final Battle for every character.

Taochan said:
Hypothetically if the Darkness(es) appeared in 0.2, it would likely be due to a connection with Aqua.
Taochan said:
0.2 isn't just about her loneliness, it's about her feelings towards Ven and Terra as we see from the opening cinematic and the trailers. She clearly has a lot of guilt in regards to them, so imagine if that guilt is reaffirmed with her having them confirmed to be her enemies and that their sacrifices in BBS amounted to nothing.

Guilt taking form into something, yeah I could see that. As something similar has happened with a few characters, like the Black Coat in 3D being Sora's (and maybe to a certain degree, Roxas' and Xion's) Nightmares and Fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back