• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could we fight, or at least see, a Seeker of Darkness in 0.2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wottles

While the idea is neat, given what we've seen so far, I don't think it could happen without feeling like a complete asspull. Like on one hand, we got all this hopeful buildup between "There's always a way," Mickey saving her from fading, and that Sora imagery at the end of the 0.2 intro... and then it ends with Aqua basically getting defeated by the darkness? Sure, no one expects the diabolus ex machina, but I can't see it sitting well with anyone. Besides maybe the darkness fanboys.

Yeah, that suggestion just reads like overwhelming edge for the sake of it rather than being interesting or actually tying into the narrative.

Also personally don't like the term mary-sue being thrown around cause it's just lazy.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What if Nomura goes left field and pulls an obscure Disney character as the final boss? someone like The Headless Horseman? By doing that, you get a humanoid final boss without it having to be a Heartless or a Seeker of Darkness. I mean, if he's able to use Julius from Runaway Brain as a secret boss then anything's possible at this point.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What if Nomura goes left field and pulls an obscure Disney character as the final boss? someone like The Headless Horseman? By doing that, you get a humanoid final boss without it having to be a Heartless or a Seeker of Darkness. I mean, if he's able to use Julius from Runaway Brain as a secret boss then anything's possible at this point.

Maybe not necessarily all that obscure of one even. Allegedly Chernabog was intended to be the final boss of KH1, but technical limitations of PS2 held back the original vision for that battle & he was scaled down to mini-boss status instead. If Chernabog was gonna the big bad of the franchise at one point, then clearly there was gonna be some big story to explain that role. (I speculate he was gonna be the King/Alpha/First pureblood heartless, since the purebloods certainly share aesthetics with him.)

As such, it's a bit of a question mark then if Chernabog's planned story is at least still somewhat canon to the lore or if Square scrapped it altogether & he's nothing more than a world-villain now. With 0.2 set in the pureblood's home turf & 2 gens of technological advancements, there might be a chance of them revisiting it.

Heck, the shadow swarm mini-boss is called "Devil's Wave" & Chernabog is near literally the Devil himself.

Carnagewake

I'm jumping in a little late here, but this does pose a pretty interesting question: what IS in the Realm of Darkness that we know for sure?

The first thing I found is actually none other than Ansem the Wise. He wasn't killed in the explosion at the end of KHII. In fact, we see him meet Aqua in Blank Points.

I think our chances of seeing Ansem the Wise are pretty high since I do not see him fading into the background as the series comes to a close, then again maybe he will, but I think his ties might go back farther than we expect.

As for meeting a Seeker of Darkness, and by that I assume you mean one of the XIII pieces of darkness, I think those chances are pretty low. Nomura has mentioned that he really wants to tell this story in particular, so I don't think it's going to replace anything big that might happen in KHIII. 0.2 is very much going to be a "Fragmentary Passage" and probably just raise more questions about how the series will wrap up.

So excited anyways though!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Maybe not necessarily all that obscure of one even. Allegedly Chernabog was intended to be the final boss of KH1, but technical limitations of PS2 held back the original vision for that battle & he was scaled down to mini-boss status instead. If Chernabog was gonna the big bad of the franchise at one point, then clearly there was gonna be some big story to explain that role. (I speculate he was gonna be the King/Alpha/First pureblood heartless, since the purebloods certainly share aesthetics with him.)

Really? in that case, would he be the origin source of all the Heartless in the original concept? because that's sounds so intriguing! It would have done away with the concept of Xehanort altogether!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Really? in that case, would he be the origin source of all the Heartless in the original concept? because that's sounds so intriguing! It would have done away with the concept of Xehanort altogether!

At the time I think Square had the perception of KH being a one-and-done game, no sequel. So the heartless threat would have to be ended right there & then. So while I can't back up my theory of Chernabog's role I think it was probably the plan at one point: a final master heartless whose death would've put an end to the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back