• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Could it be that Sora is not be one of the seven lights?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfehalex

So, this is just a theory my little brother came up with, and i have actually taken a liking to it, and have started to see it as a possibility.
This is all just theorizing, so please hear me out.

What if Sora ends up not being one of the seven lights but rather something like "the hero of heart" or the "keyblade wielder of heart" or something.

I have several reasons to believe this might be the case.

First let me give you my reasons why i think Sora isn't necessarily one of the seven lights.
The first reason is, Sora is not pure light. If you don't consider darkness to necessarily be evil (which Riku, who has dark powers and has been in darkness for a reasonable part in the series, seems to support) this can be the case. its true, everything Sora did was with good intentions, but he has been a heartless, which is a being of darness.

my second reason
If Sora is either one of the 13 darknesses or one of the seven lights he would play directly into Xehanorth's plan, rendering it difficult, if not impossible for him to do anything against it. If he however is something outside of the two sides (like for example "heart") are his chances of affecting or even ruining Xehanorth's plan higher.

Now for why I think, if this were the case it would be "of heart".
This is pretty simple really, i just got the feeling the series has been hinting on it.

I got two examples that I think are pretty clear.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This gives me the feeling that there is something special with Sora's heart, and that maybe, just maybe, he has more of a "heart" inside him than he needs for himself or something.

Anyway, that is my interpretation of a theory my brother came up with, I'm interested in what you people think.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The first reason is already a bit iffy, because if we go by the definition "pure light" the good guys could never get the seven guardians complete because except the Princesses of Heart and Ventus everyone has darkness in their hearts. Not even Mickey has a heart of pure light and while Aqua comes close, she still has a tiny, small amount of darkness left.

So not having a pure heart of light is not a sufficient reason to disqualify Sora as a guardian, because that would disqualify at least Riku, Terra, Lea, Mickey and possibly Aqua as well. The only available guardians in this case would be Kairi and Ventus because the newborn hearts of Roxas and Xion are also very unlikely to be pure light in this case.

It is actually explained in DDD that Sora's special ability is to connect with anyone and that in turn leads to individuals developing hearts where there was no one in particular.
DDD also elaborated on how a piece of a heart can grow into another, fully functionable heart (Xehanort seeds!) over time. So it's safe to assume that the same applies to Vanitas as well.

The examples you provide from KH II and BBS are a testament to Sora's connection ability, as Axel was feeling that way in KH II because he was also growing a new heart and subconsciously felt the newborn heart that Roxas was cultivating.

In BBS it also wasn't really that Sora physically broke off a part of his own heart and gave it to Ventus, he just connected with Ven's injured one and kept it from fading away by providing it with some energy. Thus saved, Ven's heart gained the opportunity to recuperate in the four years between Vanitas' creation and the actual start of BBS.

Or in short, Sora's heart is special because it is pure (in terms of uncorrupted, not light-elemental) and can see the best in nearly everything, not because his heart has any physical "extras" to share. Ansem the Wise explains it pretty well to Riku at the ending of DDD.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Theoretically speaking Sora doesn't have to be one of the Lights. I've heard lightweight theories suggesting the same idea-that Sora won't be one of the Lights because he's destined to be something different/greater.

If he's not one I don't think it would be for the reason you listed though. :p
You don't have to be actual pure light to be one of the seven lights. Most of the possible candidates aren't pure sans Kairi and Ven. The rest have varying degrees of light and darkness.

Because MX apparently planned everything from the beginning the protagonist have to play by MX's game to a degree. The seven GoL gathering is what MX wants but even knowing this the protagonist can't help but play into his schemes so the only thing they can do is try to turn things around.

@Example 1: Axel feels like he has a heart because...he sort of does lol. Because of his friendship with Roxas and Xion Axel began to grow his own budding heart. Being around Sora, Roxas's Nobody who was inside him at the time, made his budding heart stir.

@Example 2: Sora didn't break off a piece of his heart and gave it to Ven, rather, he connected their hearts together in an effort to patch it and keep anything else from leaving. From there Ven had to "refill" his heart himself over time.

Over all, Sora is supposed to be a normal boy, just one with an usually big heart. Uh, not in a literal way, he's just the type of person who is infallibly good. What sets him apart is how easily he can connect his hearts with others, which technically anyone can do, most people just aren't willing to open themselves up the way Sora does. I think MX also has the same "ability" to connect his hearts with others, just where as Sora does it to help people, MX does it to use them.

Last edited:

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Its a good theory in a way. Sora becoming a "hero of heart" instead of a Guradian would add a wild card to MX's plan, allowing more room for disruption. If that is the case, I doubt Sora would think of it on his own though, he's more of a direct action guy, a plan like that would elude him. The evidence you provided doesn't exactly represent him not becoming a light, but more that he is willing and able to connect his heart with many people. That could be key though: if he were to meet some being of darkness (just one that wasn't on MX's side and had no interest in hurting people), I could guarantee Sora would still befriend/connect with said person. And maybe connections like that existing in Sora's heart could change him from being a "Guardian of Light" to something else entirely, a "Guardian of Balance" perhaps. I'm not sure, I'm really just letting my mind wander

Wolfehalex

Ah I see, I must honestly say I haven't finished every game.
Most I played with my brother, who sometimes played with out me, I only finished KH2 and 358/2 days on my own entirely, played part of KH1, but missed a bit, nearly finished re:coded, but not done yet, haven't done Chain of Memory, haven't played BBS (only read on it and watched some scenes) and haven't done DDD yet.
So the theory coming from me is kind of a second hand recycled theory I don't have too much insight in. I mainly put it online cause my brother didn't feel like it and I was curious about others opinions.

I didn't know DDD covered that, that's nice to know (don't worry about spoilers, I don't mind, I'm good at enjoying stories over and over again, so it being told to me ahead isn't a problem to me, i might only be a little ignorant and not too knowledgeable on the series).

However, after hearing this I still think there is a reasonable chance Sora might end up being something other than one of the 7 lights in order to change things for good, not because Sora chooses or anything, but either because things turn out that way or 'cause someone smart leads him in that direction.

idk personally I've grown tired of the traditional story of "light versus darkness, light wins" so that might take part in why I'm kinda of hoping for something else, and thus considering my brother's theory as an interesting one

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Well, I don't think this is the traditional story of light and darkness. Sure, it might have started that way; but now, it's more about the choices that are made by the individuals and how they choose to use their strengths. Riku is a lot darker than Sora is, but he's also one of the good guys, despite his dark powers. Terra was also a good guy, seduced and tricked by Xehonort; hell, light was almost used for evil deeds if you count Eraqus' standpoint on darkness being eradicated. To me, the series doesn't seem to be about light or dark, but balance; so, could I see Sora being some kind of guardian to the balance? Yeah; but it's not because he has an extra heart, but that's just because that's who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back