• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could further paid DLCs be possible for "Kingdom Hearts 3"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cumguardian69

Awards
Something hit me when rewatching the MoM intro trailer. You see, the base game is reused PS2 and chibi assets? While the UE4 stuff uses the same models from KH3 (I haven't noticed any graphical downgrades). Something else, ReMIND, Limit Cut, and Secret Episodes are all accesses seperately from the base game. What do you guys think?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Personally I feel KH3 is done with content and they'll be moving on with their new games. They said ReMind was it for KH3. Dark Road, Union X, Melody of Memory, and the other potential phase 2 games are likely what they'll be focusing on for all Kingdom Hearts content. I'm gonna call this the Zookeys Era.

AegisXIII

Awards
I don't but I feel we will get a final mix at some point on ps5. Will it contain more content? I don't know. Maybe some minor tweaks.

AR829038

Awards
Something hit me when rewatching the MoM intro trailer. You see, the base game is reused PS2 and chibi assets? While the UE4 stuff uses the same models from KH3 (I haven't noticed any graphical downgrades). Something else, ReMIND, Limit Cut, and Secret Episodes are all accesses seperately from the base game. What do you guys think?
Don't count on it. I think they were pretty clear that they're done updating KH3, and that's how it should be imo. We complained how long it took KH3 to come out, do we really want to draw out the wait till KH4 by constantly going back and putting more into KH3? As for the Kairi cutscenes (btw, that's most likely NOT the Master of Masters in those scenes, but rather Terra-Xehanort, which is made a bit more clear in the subtitles of what Kairi's saying, so don't get your hopes up on that), they're definitely part of MoM.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
There's no financial incentive to do this. Kingdom Hearts III exceeded sales expectations and was never designed as a service game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don’t think they are going to invest anymore money or time into KH3 beyond a rerelease with ReMind on the disk in the future. It’s just going to be diminishing returns at this point.

AegisXIII

Awards
"I know now without a doubt, Kingdom Hearts is cash!"
"Cash?!! But why..."

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
People hated the idea of KH3 getting DLC because they argued everything should be included in the base game. Then after Re Mind was released, they argued that it should get more DLC because it'd be a shame not to.

Nobody in this fandom knows what they want lol

Cumguardian69

Awards
People hated the idea of KH3 getting DLC because they argued everything should be included in the base game. Then after Re Mind was released, they argued that it should get more DLC because it'd be a shame not to.

Nobody in this fandom knows what they want lol
I for one never argued against DLC - paid or otherwise - for KH3 on the grounds that KH3 should be a complete title. It took KH2 two separate releases (NA and FM) for it to be seen as good as it currently is, after all.

The biggest reason I want more DLC for 3 is simply because of the abrupt stops to the story in Limitcut. It seems like limitcut had even more ideas cut from IT than the base game did, what with their quick introduction of what MDG/TAV/RX/RK were doing and quick dismissal of those plot points. I think it's also unfortunate that we're reverting to the old engine (and chibi graphics), because KH3 is BEAUTIFUL to look at. Doubtless, developing in UE4 takes a lot of time, skill, ans resources. If they created say Melody of Memory in UE4, it wouldnt be a surprise if they game released in 2021-early 2022 rather than (tentative) 2020. But...dang. it just sucks yknow?

NoWay

Awards
I don’t think KH3 needs DLCs anymore. ReMind was a great addition to the game. But I’m ready to move on to the next saga because I desperately need to see more of Yozora and the MoM. And what happens to Sora after the Secret Episode

Mexican Sora

Awards
I would have rather preffered they make more DLC for KH3 than have them waste their time on Melody of Memory. Nobody and i mean NOBODY asked for a rhythm game. That's like when Nintendo released Metroid Federation Force on 3DS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I would have rather preffered they make more DLC for KH3 than have them waste their time on Melody of Memory. Nobody and i mean NOBODY asked for a rhythm game. That's like when Nintendo released Metroid Federation Force on 3DS
MoM isn't even being made by the KH3 team. It's development has no impact on what decisions other teams make.

And again, tons of people have been asking for a KH rhythm game. Not that it matters. Game developers make the games they want to make, not what fans want them to make.

NoWay

Awards
Slowly I’m starting to like the idea of getting MoM as the next game. I mean, it definitely does not want to be as impactful or big as any other game before. I consider it as a cute little game to shorten the wait for us until the next big game releases.
And to be honest, it does not look that bad. I think it’s great that the developers keep on experimenting and that’s what the KH franchise makes so special.

Also, I love the idea of a game solely praising the great OST that Yoko Shimomura and other composers created. <3

Foxycian

Awards
I mean they could just add more playable characters as a dlc
1. Mickey
2. Ventus (should have been playable to begin with)
3. Axel
4. Terra/lingering will
5. Xion

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I mean they could just add more playable characters as a dlc
1. Mickey
2. Ventus (should have been playable to begin with)
3. Axel
4. Terra/lingering will
5. Xion
I wanted all of that in ReMind. It's kinda too late now since phase 1 is over. My hope is they'll all be playable at some point in phase 2.

Foxycian

Awards
I wanted all of that in ReMind. It's kinda too late now since phase 1 is over. My hope is they'll all be playable at some point in phase 2.
Just need one clarification please, Is phase one like all the xehanort related games?
All these👇
Kh back cover
Kh union X
Kh dark road
Kh birth by sleep
Kh 0.2
Kh1
Kh Com
Kh 358
Kh2
Kh Coded
Kh Dream drop distance
Kh3
Kh3 ReMind

Or is Phase 2 those 3👇
Kh3 ReMind (shouldn’t Kh3 be in phase 1?)
Kh Dark Road
Kh Melody of memeory

Henryp

Awards
Just need one clarification please, Is phase one like all the xehanort related games?
All these👇
Kh back cover
Kh union X
Kh dark road
Kh birth by sleep
Kh 0.2
Kh1
Kh Com
Kh 358
Kh2
Kh Coded
Kh Dream drop distance
Kh3
Kh3 ReMind

Or is Phase 2 those 3👇
Kh Dark Road
Kh Melody of memeory

The phase thing if interesting and stupid at the same time. I think they could put arbitrary phase numbers among the series and it would work just as fine. What it is interesting is why they choose to put the phase thing now (apart from the Marvel rip off): Maybe it means they are in another level of trust and investement from SE and Disney after KH3 success.

As far as we know, the phase 2 starts with the launches of 2020, including ReMind and Dark Road, meaning phase 1 closed with vanilla KH3 and UX. I think it is better to differentiate the things as sagas as originally said, being the Xehanort Saga everything that happens between KH1 to KH3 and then the new "Foretellers/Yozora/Whatever" Saga we are now, with UX/DR, ReMind and possibly MoM as its introduction.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
All these👇
Kh back cover
Kh union X
Kh dark road
Kh birth by sleep
Kh 0.2
Kh1
Kh Com
Kh 358
Kh2
Kh Coded
Kh Dream drop distance
Kh3
Kh3 ReMind

Or is Phase 2 those 3👇
Kh Dark Road
Kh Melody of memeory
I don't know about the mobile games but KH1, CoM, KH2, Days, BBS, ReCoded, DDD, 0.2, and KH3 probably all count as phase 1 the Dark Seeker saga. Back Cover and Union X I don't know, but I assume everything going forward with Melody of Memory and Dark Road is Phase 2.

Back