• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Days be "DSi Enchanced"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

Wait, I'm confused now. DSi enhanced cards will play but the normal DSi cards won't? Explain that to me. However, I do agree that Days won't be DSi

Two new types of cards, DSi Cards, and DSi Enhanced.
DSi Cards only work in a DSi system. (DSi Only)
DSi-Enhanced Cards can work in all types of DSes, but when used in a DSi, has additional DSi features (like use of the cameras).

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com
i hope they dont remake games for the enhancement....
cause that would be a rip off and i am so gonna get the DSi

Last edited:

Dark - Roxas

Don't DSi cards work on ordinary DS's anyway? I thought it was like running a GBC game on a GBA. Some had special unlocks when played in a specific console. I wouldn't be surprised if it did have some sort of interactivity, especially since the DSi has been out for a while now in Japan.

-- Andy

DSi Enhanced Cards work on all DS systems. The DSi Cards only work for the DSi.
GBC games worked on GBA because GBA was backwards compatible.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
DSi Enhanced cards will play in normal DSes. DSi Cards won't.

Ah so there are two types, guess that makes a lot more sense then. I was referring to Enhanced it seems~ that's a lot more likely.

-- Andy

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
Ummm..
Maybe it coul play on the reg DS but If played on the DSi it has special benefits?

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Where did you hear there was going to be DSi only cards? All I've heard is it's like the GBA SP, different system but not by much. There won't be a separate set of cards for it.

A

Audo

Where did you hear there was going to be DSi only cards? All I've heard is it's like the GBA SP, different system but not by much. There won't be a separate set of cards for it.
Recently announced by Nintendo. Two new sets of cards: DSi Cards (only work on DSi), and DSi Enhanced cards.

madammina

(rage) eh, my sister is getting a DSi, so I can always play it on hers (hers broke a bit ago and she decided to wait)

But I thought they promised not... well, considering the (lack of) DSi Store in Japan there shouldn't be too much on the system per DSi cards now.

A

Audo

There's actually quite a bit of content on the DSi Store. =/

Anyway, it's for like full retail games that want to take advantage of the DSi features, and not small little games like the DSiWare

im down with nintendo and square releasing the 358/2 days bundle in america. if they havent already announced it that is.

madammina

Last I saw on the DSi store it was stuff like an alarm clock and a calculator, stuff like that, but I'm not going to argue.

I'll see what they are going to do with the games. It's just cowardly of Nintendo to do this, since I though they promised they wouldn't do this cheap trick.

but I'll see what they shall do.

A

Audo

I don't believe they ever promised that.
In fact, they said the DSi was a the third pillar, meaning it only makes sense that it has its own cards.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
I've still got my old DS from stateside launch. It's falling apart and has several faults, but still works. It'd be nice to pick up a DSi in time for 358/2 Days, but hey, it's not necessary. Same goes for Dragon Quest IX. Here's hoping for a bundle =).

-- Andy

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Article said:
Confirmed: you're buying another DS.

Not that I mind. I mean, in a lot of ways, it'll help making filling the Pokedex faster XD;
But it's still a bummer :\ oh well. At least Days is being released for the normal DS so I can keep on worrying about getting a PSP for BBS before worrying about the DSi.

Though, just a thought. Didn't it occur to people that they just might've delayed Days by a few months because of the DSi? I mean, it has a bundle and all that shiz, after all...

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Sadly, I have to purchase both systems. Ah well. It's for a good cause.

Hirun

Though, just a thought. Didn't it occur to people that they just might've delayed Days by a few months because of the DSi? I mean, it has a bundle and all that shiz, after all...

Yeah, I was thinking of that... DSi releases in November, Days gets pushed from Feb to May, adding 3 months of debug and maybe more stuff.

A DSi enhancement is possible, but I doubt they added it. Rather them take the time to improve the game than to single out users of old DSes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back