• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Days be "DSi Enchanced"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Masato Kuwahara, the lead designer of the DSi, revealed that there will be games that use DSi exclusive features: GDC09: DSi-only and DSi Enhanced cards announced.

The feature that sticks out to me as the most potentially useful would be the additional RAM the DSi uses over the previous models. Some of the past hands-on impressions were disappointed by the low number of on-screen enemies especially during multiplayer so the RAM could bump up the number.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
i highly doubt it but it's possible also i think Nomura said that it'll be for DS because we heard about 358/2 Days way before we heard about the DSi

I second that, I mean, why would SE announce a new Kingdom Hearts game and almost complete it wayy before the DSi is even out?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Masato Kuwahara, the lead designer of the DSi, revealed that there will be games that use DSi exclusive features: GDC09: DSi-only and DSi Enhanced cards announced.

The feature that sticks out to me as the most potentially useful would be the additional RAM the DSi uses over the previous models. Some of the past hands-on impressions were disappointed by the low number of on-screen enemies especially during multiplayer so the RAM could bump up the number.
He is reffering to DSi titled games not DS Days is a DS game not DSi the only enhancement (if you even wanna call it an enhancment) is the bigger screen for easier viewing. That is about all it will provide.

A

Audo

Days is a DS Game. Given how Nintendo only just announced these new catridges, I doubt S-E would even have the opportunity to utilize it for a game that is releasing in two months. Plus there would be no need for it at all. Days does not utilize the SD slot, the cameras, etc. It would be useless.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Don't DSi cards work on ordinary DS's anyway? I thought it was like running a GBC game on a GBA. Some had special unlocks when played in a specific console. I wouldn't be surprised if it did have some sort of interactivity, especially since the DSi has been out for a while now in Japan.

-- Andy

keyhole

yeah 358/2 Days is almost out so no need to upgrade it to dsi...unless they make final...mix... damn I'm crazy:confused:

imagine that a 358/2 days final mix... wouldn't really be much to do a few extras maybe (weapons, extras, etc.) but you wouldn't be able to put in a new boss battle or anything

A

Audo

Have you seen this economy Audo?:36:
If you don't inject money into the economy, it won't ever get better.

Don't DSi cards work on ordinary DS's anyway? I thought it was like running a GBC game on a GBA. Some had special unlocks when played in a specific console. I wouldn't be surprised if it did have some sort of interactivity, especially since the DSi has been out for a while now in Japan.

-- Andy
DSi Enhanced cards will play in normal DSes. DSi Cards won't.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
As far as we know, Days wasn't played on DSi's during the demos at past events. That should be enough to safely claim that they'll play on regular DS. It'd be cool if it was an enhanced card and had special features, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. :3

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
The DSi has been out in Japan for a while--though I doubt they'll 'enchance' it.

soraxel123

Nomura had said Days was in its final stages of development, so there isn't much time to incorporate DSi features.

Clowde

Wait, I'm confused now. DSi enhanced cards will play but the normal DSi cards won't? Explain that to me. However, I do agree that Days won't be DSi

I think what Audo means is Ds cards which are enhanced to utilize the DSi to its full potential will still work in a Ds. But Dsi cards made only for the DSi won't work in a Ds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back