• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Davy Crocket be included in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksabbath74

Or does the fact that he was an actual historical figure prevent them?

I know Mulan was an historical figure turned legend, but so is Davy Crocket, sort of...

It would be cool to have him in your party with his coonskin cap...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They do not include characters "just because they can", so the main question is not if he is a historical figure, but if there exists either a Square Enix or Disney version of him.

For example, there exists a Disney version of Benjamin Franklin, who is also a historical figure and appears in several cartoons or even Cardinal Richelieu (from the 1993 live-action movie played by Tim Curry).

As far as I can see in the Disney wikia and other associated media, there is no version of this character in Disney canon.

blksabbath74

They do not include characters "just because they can", so the main question is not if he is a historical figure, but if there exists either a Square Enix or Disney version of him.

For example, there exists a Disney version of Benjamin Franklin, who is also a historical figure and appears in several cartoons or even Cardinal Richelieu (from the 1993 live-action movie played by Tim Curry).

As far as I can see in the Disney wikia and other associated media, there is no version of this character in Disney canon.

You serious, Clark?

The MOST famous depiction of Davy Crockett by Fess Parker in Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier was a Disney film.

Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier (1955) - IMDb

So its definately in the wheelhouse. The question is, would his status as a recent historical figure exclude him?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You serious, Clark?

The MOST famous depiction of Davy Crockett by Fess Parker in Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier was a Disney film.

Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier (1955) - IMDb

So its definately in the wheelhouse. The question is, would his status as a recent historical figure exclude him?

Must have overlooked him in the list of historical Disney figures then (or it was incomplete), either way this is not the point.

If this character was featured in a Disney movie, he can be theoretically included in Kingdom Hearts.
The conditions for including a character are varied, as for example how successful the movie was, how well known the character is (and I mean the Disney or Square version of the character, not the historical one) and of course if Disney and/or Nomura see a gain from including the character.
The fact though if a figure is historical or not is, as far as I know, not one of these conditions.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Tone it down, please?

And whether or not one is a historical figure won't affect his or her eligibility of their inclusion. If there is a Disney or SE version of them, the writers are free to use them as characters in the game. Then again, including Crockett in the game might not do anything since it's unlikely for KH players to associate him with someone from Disney. His real-life historical reputation outweighs his Disney presence.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think his historical status would exclude him, but his popularity today might keep him from getting into Kingdom Hearts.

Most of the Disney worlds (if not all of them) have been based off of popular franchises. (Well, some more popular than others, but you get the point lulz) The problem with Davy Crockett is that he's not a popular "character" today; people know him as a historical figure, but not necessarily as a Disney character. There's also the problem with his story, too. Could they make a world based on it and easily incorporate the character? Even if they can incorporate the world or just Davy Crockett, then the development team still has to go through Disney, who could turn down the idea because of his popularity.

It's not that this is impossible, but Square and Disney would probably go through more popular media first, like Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Pixar, all that stuff, before they went back into the Disney Archives for older source material. (That being said, it would be awesome to have a 2,000 Leagues Under the Sea world >w< Nautilus!)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Go easy on him, chances are that they don't have to grow up hearing that theme song blaring on televisions in Germany. Even though it is catchy. Though this may answer your question

Anyway, the more important question is why on earth would you want to? Especially in a Japanese game?

(Mulan was just a poem, btw, not real)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Um, no. I imagine there is some kind of appeal because you wouldn't ask without some level of desire for it, but lol no. It's pretty much the last thing you should ever expect in Kingdom Hearts.

blksabbath74

It's not that this is impossible, but Square and Disney would probably go through more popular media first, like Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Pixar, all that stuff, before they went back into the Disney Archives for older source material. (That being said, it would be awesome to have a 2,000 Leagues Under the Sea world >w< Nautilus!)

I hadn't even thought of that. 20,000 Leagues >>>>>>>>>>>> Davy Crocket.

Tone it down, please?

And whether or not one is a historical figure won't affect his or her eligibility of their inclusion. If there is a Disney or SE version of them, the writers are free to use them as characters in the game. Then again, including Crockett in the game might not do anything since it's unlikely for KH players to associate him with someone from Disney. His real-life historical reputation outweighs his Disney presence.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Forgive me, I just got so excited to actually be the one dropping the knowledge, and not the guy being showered with the droppings...

That was basically what I meant though...would his status as an historical figure, over an above a Disney character, prevent his use...

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yes, I would love Davey Crockett to appear in the series. I`ve watched a few of the old Davey Crockett TV episodes recently and feel it would be a perfect fit for kingdom hearts. Besides, I really want the KH series to use more live action material.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
How Davy Crockett would be perfect for Kingdom Hearts, I'd like to have it elaborated. From what I gathered, he was an American ranger or frontiersman, and the last thing I want is to have a completely irrelevant story elements (worlds, characters, etc.) that barely relate with the concepts of the game or don't contribute to the storyline.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
How Davy Crockett would be perfect for Kingdom Hearts, I'd like to have it elaborated. From what I gathered, he was an American ranger or frontiersman, and the last thing I want is to have a completely irrelevant story elements (worlds, characters, etc.) that barely relate with the concepts of the game or don't contribute to the storyline.

I don`t see how Davey Crockett is different from all of the movies and TV shows fans have wanted to appear in the series. I`m sure the writers could find a way to incorporate Davey Crockett into kingdom hearts.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I want Davy Crocket to be in the game now that this has been brought to my attention, but concern here is how the writers would bring him game without it being obtrusive to the overall narrative. I haven't seen the show or collective movies in years, so the most that I can remember from recent memory was when the Nostalgia Critic reviewed it in his latest round of Disneycember and went over the series in brief. How he could be incorporated into the game is difficult, but certainly not impossible. I just don't want another Port Royal scenario where the world was brought in solely for fanservice and did little to move the world along due to it's own filler arcs...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I don`t see how Davey Crockett is different from all of the movies and TV shows fans have wanted to appear in the series. I`m sure the writers could find a way to incorporate Davey Crockett into kingdom hearts.

Except my inquiry was why you think so. You brought up your opinion that it would be perfect for KH, and there has to be a reason for that, which is what I'm interested to know.

It's not only because I find it quite difficult to envision how the story of Crockett would integrate without sticking out like a sore thumb (yes, in the past, there had been detached filler worlds, but that's not really an excuse to have the trend continue), but also because, as someone who did not grow up in the US, I'm not familiar with the character himself.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Who said that he had to be included in a world. For all we know if he was to appear in KH3 he could be as a summon or a character that would appear on another disney world as maybe a traveller or a refugee. There are many ways Square could fit him in.

blksabbath74

I want Davy Crocket to be in the game now that this has been brought to my attention, but concern here is how the writers would bring him game without it being obtrusive to the overall narrative. I haven't seen the show or collective movies in years, so the most that I can remember from recent memory was when the Nostalgia Critic reviewed it in his latest round of Disneycember and went over the series in brief. How he could be incorporated into the game is difficult, but certainly not impossible. I just don't want another Port Royal scenario where the world was brought in solely for fanservice and did little to move the world along due to it's own filler arcs...

See, for me, apart from Beast's Castle, Port Royal and Luxord's curse seemed more tied in with the macroplot than any other Disney world.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
See, for me, apart from Beast's Castle, Port Royal and Luxord's curse seemed more tied in with the macroplot than any other Disney world.

I'm more referring to the first visit to Port Royal where the plot there was simply an incredibly watered down version of the first movie's plot. The second visit was more interesting if not solely because Luxord was there to move it along halfway through. I just wished that he was in there longer because even then, the second trip felt more like a sidequest where we had to get all of the cursed gold which before the Heartless battle in the end.

Anyway, back to Davy Crocket. As Lone already mentioned, he could very easily be a wanderer that winds up in Traverse Town or something. I can only imagine if he arrives there before the Alamo or if he appears afterwards having been brought back to life by Hades or something to that effect.

blksabbath74

I'm more referring to the first visit to Port Royal where the plot there was simply an incredibly watered down version of the first movie's plot. The second visit was more interesting if not solely because Luxord was there to move it along halfway through. I just wished that he was in there longer because even then, the second trip felt more like a sidequest where we had to get all of the cursed gold which before the Heartless battle in the end.

Anyway, back to Davy Crocket. As Lone already mentioned, he could very easily be a wanderer that winds up in Traverse Town or something. I can only imagine if he arrives there before the Alamo or if he appears afterwards having been brought back to life by Hades or something to that effect.

Speaking of Lone, if they did a non-specific Wild West type area, which could be fun, they could include Davey Crockett and the Lone Ranger, and probably some other live action franchises.

Lone Ranger2013149 mins.PG-13
Tall Tale199598 mins.PG
Return to Snowy River1988110 mins.PG
Tex1982103 mins.PG
Apple Dumpling Gang
Rides Again
197988 mins.G
Hot Lead and Cold Feet197890 mins.G
Apple Dumpling Gang,
The
1975100 mins.G
Castaway Cowboy197491 mins.G