• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could be a problem with BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

spydrmnky4

I got the bundle for KH:Birth by Sleep, which comes with a psp. I downloaded the data install so the loading times wouldn't be horrible. Now, when I'm playing the psp will randomly ask me, "Do you want to quit the game?" with the gray screen blocking my view of what I'm doing. I say no and keep playing. It will either continue to let me play or keep asking me if i want to quit. This has been happening a lot. It's really annoying when I'm battling a boss. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it because I downloaded the data install, the psp itself, or what? I dunno what to do. "/

*When I say 'downloaded' i mean i installed it from the main menu.

**It's gotten to the point where the gray screen comes on every five seconds. I'm basically running around blind or not enjoying the cutscenes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
It's happened to me a few times, but not as frequent as you're making it sound.

I wasn't really sure if it was just me hitting something or not.

spydrmnky4

Well, I actually did exit and reloaded. It seems fine for now. But what do you think caused that to happen?

Edit: It's been about 5-10 minutes and it's doing it again...

Last edited:

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Are you sure you aren't accidentally hitting the PSP's home button.

spydrmnky4

I can promise you that I'm not hitting the button on accident. I should try playing this on my other psp though. To see if it's the bundle psp.

Llamapox

This happened to a friend, and we eventually worked out it was to do with his disc cover. Something in it breaks, so it thinks it is opening, and when you open the disc cover it displays the home screen. If your psp is new, I'd ask for a repair.

darkblue

yeah it's happening pretty often for me too. got the bundle. it really does hit you every 10 min or so , so its not like a little bug.

I just figured I'd go in when I can. ask them about it. probably today.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I've googled the issue and it appears to be happening to a lot of people who purchased the bundle.

Guess I'll have to exchange my PSP, though I'm not so sure the problem won't occur once more.

Dannydecay

Where do you take the PSP to have this resolved? It just started happening when I got to Disney Town.

Dannydecay

I would be to,I ordered mine online so before I take the time to waste gas and go to Gamestop I'll email them to see what to do.

StarChaserRansom

I believe this could be a software glitch as it's happened to me while playing other games and only after I updated to the 6.31 firmware.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I believe this could be a software glitch as it's happened to me while playing other games and only after I updated to the 6.31 firmware.

I doubt it is the UMD discs people got in the bundle, because they probably made it along with the rest of our game discs. I wouldn't be shocked if there was something that was wrong with all the machines which made the PSPs and it somehow chipped or damaged the disc slot...so yeah, your gonna have to complain to someone about that :(

*_Riku_*

On psp 1000's and old 2000 models the problem happens alot.... Thank god i have a new 2000 and not a old hardrive of the 2000

anyways if your model is the newer ones you can check by if it says AEM or something like that.... Just delete the full install and install it again the problem should go away...

ALSO if you just updated to 6.30 and up.... Bad decision the only reason why they updated was to keep pandora baterries hackers and all that out of there system >.> so any game that has the 6.20 install option for your firmware

Main thing is if your 6.30 and up... Its goin to happen alot intill someone fixes that because kingdom hearts BBS was designed for the 6.20 software....

ANYWAYS YEAH

Last edited:

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I opened up the back of the PSP, made sure the UMD was in correctly, and closed it again. Problem hasn't occurred since.

I suggest making sure that the UMD is in correctly.

Poupukeyblade

I called sony today and they said it may just be the manufacturing of the psp. They told me to check the psp on another game and send it in if the problem still occurs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I haven't gotten that problem. And I'm on the 6.20 firmware. And I've even dropped my PSP already and it is still fine.

But I'll see that happens in the next few days. Because if it is happening to most, if not all bundle PSPs, then Sony better do a recall and send us all new PSPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back