• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cosplay and costume thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Microman

Hey!
Sorry, I had my exams and not any time to post some pictures :)

Here's Captain America's replica I made 2 years ago:
20120821_173219.jpg

It's made out of steel and I also added leather straps on the back of the shield.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm so excited for ACen so I can debut my Shinjiro Aragaki cosplay!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I finally gathered all of my courage and made a cosplay page.
I'd really appreciate it if people liked it. It is literally just posted now from my phone so I have to put up a LOT of content when I get home but I'm super excited about this.

Update: It's up and ready to go with completed and uncompleted posted up.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
where the hell are my cosplayers at

:v i would post my newest cosplay stuff for Weiss Schnee but Dokudel cosplay cannot be trusted and she ruined the dress I paid $375 for.

It was unwearable. Part of it is my own pride, but it seriously would have required at least 30 safety pins to actually fit me and stay on me during the con.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You can probably make something using stacked craft foam, or even just a thick sheet and a chain you can buy at the same craft store. It really isn't a complicated design.

They also have small metal sheets usually by the jewelry section that you could mess with so it's heavier. Ask the employees at the store if all else fails. They may have experience with key chain making.

Also I'm sorry for the late response, I'm glad this isn't a complicated thing, but I wasn't notified and also I hope you manage to get it done in time. Good luck!

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Messed around a bit with my Rarity cosplay for Anime Central. I only went Saturday but I could tell the people who saw me definitely cracked up. Though I was blinded, really, it was a loooot of fun not really caring.

11114780_467103686772523_1268980092271995120_n.jpg

I bought some candles in the dealers room after making the guy lose his fucking shit seeing me smell the candles through the mask.

I still put on make up for when I took it off but oh my god I was sweating buckets in the dealers room. Fun tip: If you wear a horse mask, put a rag in the mouth part just enough to cover the bottom of the mask; this will catch all the condensation from your breath and make it so much easier on you!

I'm going to Anime Midwest next July. Dunno what I'm doing yet, hopefully something new, but I still don't really have the income... Aaaaaaahhhh I wanna cosplay someone new!

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I should've bought one of those horse masks when I had the chance. :/

Perhaps you could cosplay someone that wouldn't require many supplies? Or allows you to re-use some.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You should. I got it in Boston.

I wanna do more lazy cosplays but I just don't have any money to throw around anymore really. I'm mostly just complaining but I'm figuring it out eventually. I wish Weiss worked out. Never work with Dokudel cosplay! She's awful.

Kagayaki

Awards
I used to cosplay. Though, I'm more into Lolita fashion because I can wear it every day, not just at a convention.

Can I share some important information with you? I considered buying colored contacts, but then I looked them up online. According to 1800-Contacts's website, it is illegal in the United States to sell any sort of contact lenses without a prescription. The doctor has to do tests, and shape the contacts for your eyes. Buying contacts online is risky, and if you buy counterfeit contacts, they could be contaminated, and severely damage your eyesight.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah costume contacts are terrifying to me without prescription. You can have your eye doctor fax the place with your info, places like vampfangs I know absolutely refuse to send you anything until they get an official fax from your eye doctor.

Kagayaki

Awards
There are sites that sell counterfeit contacts, and they do advertise on cosplay.com. I did get scammed on cosplay.com and eBay. I lost nearly 400 dollars.

I think I'm getting too old for the fandom scene, but I still love looking at cosplay photos. I consider it actual art. Making clothes was fun, even if I wasn't good at it. ^^;

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
You should. I got it in Boston.

I wanna do more lazy cosplays but I just don't have any money to throw around anymore really. I'm mostly just complaining but I'm figuring it out eventually. I wish Weiss worked out. Never work with Dokudel cosplay! She's awful.

I saw one at a con about a month ago. But by that point I had run out of cash (despite having a boatload with me) ;~;

That sucks. :/ I like coming here (despite posting maybe once a year). Looking at other people's cosplays make me want to do one. Even though every time I plan one something happens and I don't have the money for it and eventually forget about it until about 2 weeks before the con. xD

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I saw one at a con about a month ago. But by that point I had run out of cash (despite having a boatload with me) ;~;

That sucks. :/ I like coming here (despite posting maybe once a year). Looking at other people's cosplays make me want to do one. Even though every time I plan one something happens and I don't have the money for it and eventually forget about it until about 2 weeks before the con. xD

You could always shop around for items that look like they could be part of an outfit you want to make for a cosplay.

Back