• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cosplay and costume thread!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Surprisingly enough, there isn't a thread to talk about cosplay anywhere on the forum and I know for a damn fact there are in fact some on here, including myself now. I've found a liking of talking about crafts and make up and stuff with people and I still have a long ways to go, I'm sure there are other people who think the same.

So, this is a thread to talk about your cosplays.

Topics:
+ Past/Finished cosplays
+ Possible/Future cosplays
+ Regular costumes
+ Current projects and progress
+ Make up
+ Sewing
+ Crafting and props
+ How tos and tutorial help
+ Where to get started for beginners
+ General advice
+ Conventions and other general gatherings

Feel free to post pictures of your work and progress. =w=

I have to gather pictures together for my own post, so I'll post mine later, but I'm interested in seeing who cosplays here.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Cosplay thread!

How a8out a dou8le post to get things moving? ::::)

Alright so, I've actually only had one cosplay complete, and that's Vriska Serket from Homestuck. I will always say this but I absolutely LOVE cosplaying her. My confidence gets so boosted and I just feel amazing.
And, this is a gigantic post but, I'm kind of passionate about this cosplay and the group I was lucky enough to do it with the last convention I went to. Still, my cosplay isn't COMPLETE and I still strive to make it so.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
The cosplay group I was with last ACen had a professional photoshoot with Aradia's parent's. It was amazing and we got really good pictures.

I'm too kupoing lazy to link to all the pictures since there were a lot, so here's a link to a tumblr post of mine.

Click here. ::::D
[only 2 people are missing, but yeah that's my group]

I really just regret not having time/not wanting to do make up for this shoot. We eventually expect to have a redo photoshoot w/ full make up. Workin' on it. Here's a link to the full gallery of everyone in my group.

I seriously suggest looking at them, I'm really proud of my friends and how their cosplays turned out along with the pictures.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Here is what my current Vriska looks like with make up and everything:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I found myself liking prop making a lot, too. The one I'm most proud of helping with is this one:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I also made a tutorial that I'm really proud of.

Okay I'm done whoring myself out now. I'll post more about things and stuff later.

Last edited:

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Firstly, that's a really successful Vriska, Sabrina (complete or not)! The horns are really lovely, and I appreciate how smooth the makeup is when you bothered to apply; it's not too patchy at all, which you see a lot in cosplays like that.

And now I am going to use the rest of this post to show off deeply stupid, self-indulgent vanity shots of myself in costume!

Starting with the one we all know and love me for,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards

joann fabrics has retarded sales like every week

be sure to pick up their smartphone app/instore flyers before you start droppin da moneys on fabric

spoonflower does custom printed fabric for ok prices (depends on the fabric obvs)

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I haven't finished any cosplays just yet, but I have a lot of ideas and characters I do want to cosplay.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hey it said we can talk about possible future cosplays here. :p

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Good luck, Mirby!

I've had Al-Cid and Killy on the back-burner for a couple years now. They're both way more complex than my usual fare, so I've had a harder time digging into them—BUT SOMEDAY~~~~~

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I was kind of annoyed because the first year I did the cosplay of Vriska, I ran out of make up for me and my boyfriend as Karkat on the 2nd day. Though, we didn't really know what we were doing as much.

I really need to get better at applying fake lashes because I really liked the exaggerated effect it gives for Vriska.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm probably going to try and do another test run with blue ben nye make up for the lipstick, using blue blush and the blue ben nye for accents on the cheeks and stuff. I like the idea of the blood color showing through but not like BOOM BRIGHT COLOR. uou I was actually getting kind of good at it and it can kind of be shown in this picture on the girl's arm and my friend's face.

I also need to get blue contacts [because all the blue on my face makes my eyes turn green...] and get a wig for Vriska... I need fluffier hair for it and I can also use the same wig for a Marceline cosplay probably? *o*

tumblr_m1ux5hyIPP1qbjoxmo1_500.jpg

This was the amount of Ben Nye we had for the group, though 2 of the people dropped out [ and we ended up using their make up ` 3` ].

Those cosplays of yours are awesome Turn, I wish you did the Leonidas thing made me crack the kupo up you seriously should have went around the con dude. And those cosplays would be great for you.

If any of you want help with face/body paint, I can probably lend a hand with that. It's pretty easy once you understand the basics of it.

As for future cosplays, I'm thinking of probably doing Aranea and The Disciple from Homestuck as well. Then various other people, too, but I have no idea right now. I just can't kupoing sewwww...

Mirby, I seriously suggest sticking with one project rather than just collecting things randomly for future endeavors. Just make a checklist of things to get, things to do, eventually it gets done.

Last edited:

Urbane

Who in face are you?!

I've never actually done a cosplay, but I've been thinking about it for ages. I just have no idea where to start when it comes to getting supplies.

Oh, and the cosplays I'd like to do most at some point are probably Sollux and Equius from Homestuck.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I've never actually done a cosplay, but I've been thinking about it for ages. I just have no idea where to start when it comes to getting supplies.

Oh, and the cosplays I'd like to do most at some point are probably Sollux and Equius from Homestuck.
Like I said, it's really just a matter of getting stuff together. You can buy the shirts or get them printed like our Equius and some other did, model magic isn't expensive, shorts, tights, etc.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I guess to get this moving again, I'll post up cosplays I'd love to do in the future [but probably won't for a while considering the skill I'd need]

+ Human form of Amaterasu from Okami. Not necessarily that design but something of the sort. I'd use full make up, and of course the entire costume would need to be hand made. But I do know how to make wolf ears thanks to Homestuck prop making. =w=
+ Marceline from Adventure Time. I already have that shirt, I really just need a wig and to make the axe bass.
+ The Disciple from Homestuck. I'd love to do a couple cosplay with my boyfriend as The Sufferer, he already has his horns from Karkat. And then people wouldn't literally yell at him about his height... <<
+ Marquise Spinneret Mindfang from Homestuck. Not necessarily that design but god I would kill someone to look that awesome [let alone have that outfit...]
+ Aranea Serket. I'm actually looking into getting the accessories right now. I need new horns for Vriska anyways.

I think that's all of them? But Marceline and Aranea are the only ones I could probably do right now with some help.

And I actually do eventually need help with wigs. Do you guys know anything about those? Like good stores, advice on styling, etc.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I will grow my hair out for this one day. I already have the brown hair and blue eyes.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Good luck with Snake, Recon! Like I tell everyone else, take it one step at a time. Snake is kind of bulky, too, so you'll most likely be sweating your ass off at the con, but there's so much you can do with him, it seems like a lot of fun.

impart

Climb The Sky

Finally!!!! a cosplay thread

Hmmm well Ive sort of fallen out of the cosplay busness, the older I get, the more awkward I feel dressing up like little magical girls who are half my age, not that there is anything wrong with cosplaying at any age, I just personally feel more comfortable being close to the age of my character I am cosplaying

ive been concerned with finding some cosplays that I wont outgrow

considering:
ANBU
White Mage
Cyberpunk (represent!) [but not with those gross furry boot covers and tacky light up dreadlocks]
something really simple, lots of vinyl and LED lights

also, ever since I saw this
b8f451ec.jpg

ive been entertaining the idea of making a prop of Rikus Soul Eater Keyblade

I have done a Kairi cosplay, it was a few years ago, id never post it here cuz its pretty bad, it was my first cosplay so its held together mostly by safety pins. lol

ill probably end up doing a KH3 Kairi cosplay , whatever she may look like, because I already have the wig

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That keyblade diagram looks pretty damn neat. :eek:

And I don't think there's anything wrong with designing your on KH3 Kairi and cosplaying that. o3o you'd be original too.

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com

Yay, a cosplay thread!

Everyone looks really beautiful and awesome, by the way!

Annoyance, your Vriska looks amazing~ I'm a big Homestuck tangent as of lately and plan on cosplaying a troll myself.

I haven't gotten the chance to cosplay a lot, but here are the characters on top of my cosplay list:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And some random pictures of my Alois cosplay, my husband cosplaying Delic Shizuo (or as we now call him, Shizu-Nyan) and my Organization jacket...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

impart

Climb The Sky

That keyblade diagram looks pretty damn neat. :eek:

And I don't think there's anything wrong with designing your on KH3 Kairi and cosplaying that. o3o you'd be original too.

Yeah that would be cool, like that queen Kairi Cosplay that ive seen, its original, but you can still tell its Kairi

P1070050.jpg

ill most likely be lazy and wait for her KH3 design to come out, depending on how hard it is, I might not even bother, ive learned through years of blood sweat and tears that im not too particularly good at sewing

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah that would be cool, like that queen Kairi Cosplay that ive seen, its original, but you can still tell its Kairi

P1070050.jpg

ill most likely be lazy and wait for her KH3 design to come out, depending on how hard it is, I might not even bother, ive learned through years of blood sweat and tears that im not too particularly good at sewing

You can always keep trying or get a commission. I have a couple friends who are willing to help me with sewing and the girl I posted in my other post actually had help from her grandmother. Just ask around maybe.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh shit, I didn't see your post Hexcy, thank you so much!

If you need any help at all with Terezi I helped my friend find all her things. Are you just doing her normal outfit?

Passion

Silver Member
Awards

You can always keep trying or get a commission. I have a couple friends who are willing to help me with sewing and the girl I posted in my other post actually had help from her grandmother. Just ask around maybe.

My first cosplay is getting commissioned. I plan on doing the Batman: The Animated Series version of Harley Quinn. As for that, I'm contemplating whether or not to paint on the mask or have one made for me. They aren't too bad in terms of price and they'd pretty much equal out (considering cost of makeup to cost of getting mask commissioned/made). Might post some trails with the makeup eventually :3

My second planned cosplay, Catwoman, will be made on my own. It's a pretty basic outfit. I'd just have to make the goggles (if anyone knows how then let me know), the ultility belt she has, and her hood/ears. Just some basic alterations to a catsuit and adding the main details

Back