• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Corridors of Darkness Remaining Users.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This might tie back to the Black Robes thread on here. I was just thinking about the Corridors of Darkness that the bad guys always use and who can still use them. Maleficent and Pete can still use them, but what about the former members of the Organization? We saw Lea use this in DDD whether or not he still can will likely depend on whether Nomura decides if he can or not. Xigbar likely still can, no reason he shouldn't. Ienzo said his group can't anymore, and we saw with Vexen the only way he could was to become a Nobody again. I'm also assuming the revived Isa cannot either. At least until we see what he retained from Saix post KH3.

This brings me to Roxas, Xion, and Namine. They could use Corridors of Darkness and all three are back now in shiny new bodies. Roxas could be like Riku in that he lost the ability due to not belonging to darkness anymore or something like that. Namine and Xion are both different. Xion was one of Xehanort's 13 Darkness's and unlike Terra she didn't belch out any part of Xehanort from her body. So in theory she should still be able to use the Corridors of Darkness. Then there is Namine who could use them too and without the protection of a black coat, due to her being a special Nobody. She's also using Dark Riku's vessel, but Ansem and crew might have removed any lingering darkness on it when they revived her.

So my question is would these three still be able to use Corridors of Darkness post KH3? Will it be their means of travel if a Gummi ship isn't available to them? And is there anyone else from both the old and new Organization who might still be able to use them after KH3?

okhi12

Awards
Maybe Re:Mind will elaborate more on this, but I don't think Xion still has a piece of Xehanort's heart inside her own. I think the pieces of Xehanort's heart who were part of 12 of the darknesses were released when those darknesses were defeated after the Keyblade Graveyard battles and reappeared as those strange masked replicas in Scala ad Caelum. But because Master Xehanort himself was a portal trascending space and time and that version of Scala was somehow isolated beyond the portal, it is difficult to know for sure from what point in time the replicas and their hearts came from...
It's weirdly unexplained how Lea retained the ability to open dark corridors after returning as a complete human when Ienzo, Dilan, Aeleus and Even lost it; Even went as far as becoming a nobody again to recover that power and his research on replicas to help the good guys.
Trying to explain those things, while very interesting, is pointless because it depends on what Nomura wants to do with the characters and he doesn't seem to care to explain little details at all (or he can't because sometimes it plainly makes no sense).
Whether Roxas, Xion and Naminé will retain their powers over darkness I don't expect a thoughtful explanation. If they lose that power they could easily be given a gummi ship or at least Roxas and Xion could get armors and learn how to open corridors of light and travel the lanes between with their keyblades, like Terra, Aqua and Ven do.
These are the three main methods for traveling the world in the KH series but there's four if we count Merlin and Yen Sid's warping magic... and five if we count that random star shard Mickey used in BBS and Donald and Goofy in DDD.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Maybe Re:Mind will elaborate more on this, but I don't think Xion still has a piece of Xehanort's heart inside her own. I think the pieces of Xehanort's heart who were part of 12 of the darknesses were released when those darknesses were defeated after the Keyblade Graveyard battles and reappeared as those strange masked replicas in Scala ad Caelum. But because Master Xehanort himself was a portal trascending space and time and that version of Scala was somehow isolated beyond the portal, it is difficult to know for sure from what point in time the replicas and their hearts came from...
It's weirdly unexplained how Lea retained the ability to open dark corridors after returning as a complete human when Ienzo, Dilan, Aeleus and Even lost it; Even went as far as becoming a nobody again to recover that power and his research on replicas to help the good guys.
Trying to explain those things, while very interesting, is pointless because it depends on what Nomura wants to do with the characters and he doesn't seem to care to explain little details at all (or he can't because sometimes it plainly makes no sense).
Whether Roxas, Xion and Naminé will retain their powers over darkness I don't expect a thoughtful explanation. If they lose that power they could easily be given a gummi ship or at least Roxas and Xion could get armors and learn how to open corridors of light and travel the lanes between with their keyblades, like Terra, Aqua and Ven do.
These are the three main methods for traveling the world in the KH series but there's four if we count Merlin and Yen Sid's warping magic... and five if we count that random star shard Mickey used in BBS and Donald and Goofy in DDD.

True, true. I can see Roxas not having the ability anymore because he's in a Replica body now and they can just explain it that Vexen made it a pure light based vessel for him, so this is all new for Roxas. But Xion was always a Replica to begin with. Nothing has really changed for her. Even before she was a Seeker she could use the Corridors in Days. So in stands to reason she should still be able to use them in the future. You're probably right in we're not suppose to be thinking about these little details, but I was cursed with curiosity.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
If I recall correctly, there was never really any indication that Xion ever housed part of Xehanort's heart in the first place. We never see her hair, or even her eyes before she's fully restored after all. The body and heart Xion ends up inhabiting were both said to be constructed from data, so rather than have her be possessed, it's more likely she was simply programed to help Xehanort with his goals, similar to how she was reprogrammed by Xemnas at the end of 358 days (hence why her appearance was the same in both cases).

Also, you mentioned Terra. Note that we never saw any peice of of Xehanort's heart come OUT of him either, we just saw Terra's own heart retake control. And yet we know, thanks to the Ultimania, that Terranort's heart (that was possessing the present Terra's body) actually returned to the past at that moment, so even if the Xion that we fight did house part of Xehanort's heart, wouldn't the same logic apply?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If I recall correctly, there was never really any indication that Xion ever housed part of Xehanort's heart in the first place. We never see her hair, or even her eyes before she's fully restored after all. The body and heart Xion ends up inhabiting were both said to be constructed from data, so rather than have her be possessed, it's more likely she was simply programed to help Xehanort with his goals, similar to how she was reprogrammed by Xemnas at the end of 358 days (hence why her appearance was the same in both cases).

Also, you mentioned Terra. Note that we never saw any peice of of Xehanort's heart come OUT of him either, we just saw Terra's own heart retake control. And yet we know, thanks to the Ultimania, that Terranort's heart (that was possessing the present Terra's body) actually returned to the past at that moment, so even if the Xion that we fight did house part of Xehanort's heart, wouldn't the same logic apply?

Agreed. Very solid good answer.

Back