• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coraline

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
I was a fan of Tim Burton since the nightmare before christmas. I didn't really have an opinon an selick, but I did freak when I heard this was bieng made. The director of my favorite movie was making my favorite book into a movie. :D I was soo excited. I had read Coraline and loved it, it was like perfect for me. I saw the movie, and I gotta say I was totally pissed after the movie. It was in like some alternate universe from the book I knew. It made coraline seem like a bipolar girl honestly and I was angry about all the changes. I mean they even changed the ending. I was like seriously? Definately a kid's movie, I wouldn't see it if you read it. I just couldn't believe it, a real let down..well in my opinon. Though it was very well artistically, astounding in 3-D.

In what way was the movie an alternate universe? Gaiman himself endorsed the movie - it even took the story to another level by adding imagery that wasn't present in the book. They physically showed what the 'thought of a tree' would look like. In fact, had Selick and the people at Laika simply made the movie as an interpretation of the book, it would have disappointed people who were truly fans, like you claim to be, which I'm highly doubtful of. Also, how did they represent Coraline as bipolar? That doesn't make any sense. And the book was meant for children - if anything, it ended up being more for adults. There were parts in the movie where I was actually a little bit anxious. It was a frightening book, and it was a frightening movie. In fact, I think the only part of your statement that was in even the slightest agreeable was that the artwork was amazing, which is expected when you have someone like Selick working on it.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The book scared the crap out of me as a child.
The movie looks...not so much.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
The only reason I went to go see this movie is cuz my friend didn't want to go alone. But I came outta the theature screamin "That was amazing!"

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
^ I agree with you there. Caroline does look a bit creepy, but I kind of found nightmare Before Christmas more creepier, though. I don't know why, it just is.

Yeah I can see in a different way how the movie isn't really scary or anything, but it's just creepy and awesome..And it's not a lame movie, it's just cool that way lol :lol:
I think it's a good movie :cool:

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
Yup. You can't judge a movie by it's cover (or previews.) That's cool. I want to see it but, that cost money which I apparently don't have.

When I saw the preview, I definitely wanted to watch it regardless..Hey Fox, i just realized you have 1 post more than me lol ^-^ No competition though =)

Oh..wait..we have the same now lol ^-^

A

Audo

I watched this last night.

Not nearly as good as I had hoped, but, still not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back