• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cooking and Baking

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The old cooking thread died a long while ago, it seems, so I'm bringing it back.

Do you bake? Cook? Do you just modify instant meals? Have any neat recipes to share?

Talk about it here. Anything's good.

I've personally started to bake and cook more for myself and it's honestly really great. I'm currently trying to get better at baking and making cheesecake, but I also want to be able to cook my own meals.

I might even put up good recipes on this post for people to look at for reference. I'll share some that I've made or I'm interested in making in the future.

My current projects:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake | A Nut in a Nutshell
I have made this a bunch now. I can only suggest to use Pillsbury cookie dough or another equally soft dough. It's seriously amazing, though. It's essentially a gigantic chocolate chip cheesecake cookie and you only need a tiny piece to feel full. Also when I make it, it's easier for me to just use regular sized chocolate chips. The stores in walking distance don't sell mini-chips.

I've also started making this:
Pumpkin Cheesecake | A Nut in a Nutshell
It's seriously a big favorite right now, the recipe calls for half the can of pumpkin, but I just dump the whole thing for more flavor.

I've also started to make home made mac and cheese.
Homemade Mac and Cheese {Possibly the World’s Best}
I double it, add a handful of mexican cheese and add a special spice from a local spice shop [Vulcan fire salt] and it's really great. I'll probably eventually make it twice as terrible for everyone and add bacon one of these days. When this recipe is doubled, it can make about 12 servings.

Recipe archive and other fun links:​

Post your recipes, tips, your future ambitions, and post the final pictures!

Last edited:

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Here I'll support your thread.

I bake, ALOT - to a point where it makes me feel like a granny.

The number 1 thing I bake are Cheesecakes, my family is a huge fan.
I use a simple recipe.

1 full bar of Cream cheese
3 eggs
1 - 4oz can of Nestle's 'La Lechera' sweetened condensed milk.
2 tbsp of Vanilla Extract.

Blend all together.
Pour into a a graham cracker crust.
(I like to make mine from scratch but store bought is just fine)

Bake for 45 min at 350*

And tadah! simple cheesecake!
And enjoy with a hot cup of coffee and you'll be all set!

Now that winter is getting here, I might just have to live on a diet of oven baked goods (such a big sacrifice) lol.

I also like to make Strawberry Cheesecake:

2 (8 oz pkgs) light cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie shell
1/2 cup light sour cream
3 cups strawberries, sliced and sprinkled with a little sugar
2 tbsp. sugar-free strawberry jam, slightly melted

Preheat oven to 350°F.In a large bowl, with mixer, mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until well blended. Add eggs, mix well. Pour into crust. Cook 40 minutes or until almost set in the middle. Cool.
Refrigerate for 3 hours. Spread sour cream over cake. Drizzle with jam.

Sorry I can't post pics btw, cause it's all gone as soon as I take them out of the oven ;-;

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Here I'll support your thread.
Oh my god thank you! ;w;

But I should try your recipe, definitely. For your basic cheesecake do you need to cool it at all? For how long?

Also, I guess an update is due since this thread isn't dead:
People fuckin' love my pumpkin cheesecake. My friend wants me to somehow use this pumpkin spice rum that we have in that but I honestly have no idea how hahaha. The recipe I posted says to use a cup though, I learned to just use the whole can of pumpkin.

I'm probably going to make cookie dough though soon enough.

Also:
Strawberry Cheesecake Cake | Recipe Girl
Recipe Girl » Cinnamon Roll Pancakes » Print
I really want to make these soooo bad.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I cook, mainly just improvising on some already classic food and deserts like cheesecake, Quasadilla, Fried Chicken, and cookies. I'm not as versatile as I would like to be, but I'm slowly learning. I'll dig up some recipes I've came up with sometime.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I cook, mainly just improvising on some already classic food and deserts like cheesecake, Quasadilla, Fried Chicken, and cookies. I'm not as versatile as I would like to be, but I'm slowly learning. I'll dig up some recipes I've came up with sometime.
I really need to start cooking more. I mean I can improve on things like grilled cheese or omelettes/scrambled eggs (owo) but I think the best time I can have is when I'm making instant ramen, just because of the amount of shit you can really do with that stuff.

But that's about it for cooking in the kitchen with Sabrina. u_u I'm kinda lazy, honestly. I like baking more because it's just throw the shit in a bowl, mix, pour into another thing, then leave it alone for 10 mins-forever and take it out.

Also, I forgot to mention:
Doubling the recipe for the mac and cheese up there is enough to feed 15 people I believe.

Just so you know.

D

Deleted member 36435

sometimes i substitute in those packets of hot chocolate mix with marshmellows instead of cocoa

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Izayoi

galactic cancer
i make marina sauce with the meatballs whenever i can. cooking for four hours while watching whatever tbs movie marathon is extraordinarily stressful yet soothing

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I can make some badass french toast. My secret is to use vegetable oil to grease the pan.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Does anyone here know how to bake a smore cake? Ya know those things you make at campfires.
One time I made more of a s'more pie, but what I did was melt down marshmallow and a couple pieces of chocolate [like one bag and half a bar] and poured that into a graham cracker pie tin [I would have roasted the marshmallow on top if I knew how. ono] and drizzed some more chocolate on that.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Basically basic stir fry is my current cooking addiction. Wheat noodles, basic vegetables, soy sauce, top with sesame... so good. Also, I usually have some form of guacamole on the side to dip chips in. So addicting.

I also make banana pancakes, mac n cheese, hot cocoa, tortellini, and frozen pizza. Sometimes hotpockets if I want to live on the edge.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
step 1) go to store
step 2) find the hamburger helper aisle. (if you prefer tuna or chicken over hamburger they have that too)
step 3) pick out what you want
step 4) buy the hamburger or tuna or chicken depending on what kind you chose
step 5) make sure you have milk at home if not go to the milk aisle
step 6) pick out your favorite kind of milk
step 7) buy your items
step 8) go home
step 9) follow the instructions for your helper food
step 10) share with family and friends
step 11) consume

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Step 1) Get high
Step 3) Play some #BasedGod
Step 2) Everything tastes good
Step 5) You're welcome

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh my god thank you! ;w;

But I should try your recipe, definitely. For your basic cheesecake do you need to cool it at all? For how long?

Also, I guess an update is due since this thread isn't dead:
People diddlyin' love my pumpkin cheesecake. My friend wants me to somehow use this pumpkin spice rum that we have in that but I honestly have no idea how hahaha. The recipe I posted says to use a cup though, I learned to just use the whole can of pumpkin.

I'm probably going to make cookie dough though soon enough.

Also:
Strawberry Cheesecake Cake | Recipe Girl
Recipe Girl » Cinnamon Roll Pancakes » Print
I really want to make these soooo bad.

I don't refrigate it actually, I just leave it out to cool for about 15-20 minutes.
I like it it warm :p

I want to make something with Nutella.!

Nutella Recipes

My mouth is drooling. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back