• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Contest Ideas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Trying to think of ideas to get the section a bit more active. :\ I know we already have a contest going on every so often, but what would you guys think about a contest with an actual prize? I'd have to actually be able to get the prize first [which might be a bit orz], but if there WAS a big-ish scale contest with a prize, would anybody be interested? We could even try that writing/drawing thing again. If you have any ideas on a subject for it as well, feel free to post that up. I'd love to get a big contest going here.

Also, I might as well ask this, too. Anybody got ideas on getting this forum more active? I know, horrible question to ask, BUT I can't think of a thing besides just commenting. I'll start commenting on stories like crazy if it means getting this place more active. I hate to see it so vacant... :[

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I wouldn't mind participating in an original short story contest. If you wanted a large scale contest, you could increase to a short story with five acts.

Just an idea.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I like Kazukifafner's idea though I don't work that well with short stories and the contest idea sounds interesting although I was thinking about doing long story ones but yeah...just something from me. Otherwise, I don't really know much. D: Anyway, the rest is up to anybody and you and all. So yeah....I could try and be active here as well but I don't know with school starting and all...

bizness86

How about switching the playing field. Review Contests are different in that the short story or fiction is already written and the contestants actually review that story. The best reviewer wins.

preConditions: Preferably, the person holding the contest should not be the person whose work is being reviewed. Shame in plugging your own story. Also, the people whose work is being review is not ellegible to vote.

It'll fail, but it's something different...But it'll fail because people don't do contests...let alone review....​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back