• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Content cut from the games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I was just thinking about the things that had been in early trailers or photos of the games that didn't end up in the final product. Here's an example of what i mean:
Kingdom Hearts II E3 Trailer - YouTube
This is the first trailer of KH2 and at 1:08 you can see Roxas chasing a Dusk through Twilight Town and at 1:35 you can see Sora, Donald, and Goofy fighting Neo Shadows at Hallow Bastion from KH1 (I'm going to assume that was supposed to be Xemnas at 1:44).

And here is the first trailer of DDD:
Kingdom Hearts: 3D Trailer - YouTube
Pretty much nothing in the last half of the trailer happens.
There's also the scene with Ven and Master Xehanort in BBS in Olympus Coliseum.

I know things get cut out for various reasons but I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other things like this and why do you think they were cut?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Half the time it's because of time constraints and technical issues, the other half is just stuff getting moved around. In the 1000 Heartless battle for one there were originally two Behemoths that you were supposed to fight but the were cut from what I recall was due to technical difficulties but things like the conversation between Ven and MX at OC was just moved to the Keyblade Graveyard. The map for the Keyblade Graveyard probably just wasn't done yet.

That entire trailer for 3D was concept work mostly to show off what KH would look like on the 3DS rather than showing actual contents from the game.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Half the time it's because of time constraints and technical issues, the other half is just stuff getting moved around. In the 1000 Heartless battle for one there were originally two Behemoths that you were supposed to fight but the were cut from what I recall was due to technical difficulties but things like the conversation between Ven and MX at OC was just moved to the Keyblade Graveyard. The map for the Keyblade Graveyard probably just wasn't done yet.

That entire trailer for 3D was concept work mostly to show off what KH would look like on the 3DS rather than showing actual contents from the game.

There were also flying Heartless in that 1000 heartless scene. Were those in the battle in KH2FM? And I just looked at the first trailer for BBS and a lot of the scenes were in different places. When Terra is talking to Eraqus and is holding up Ven they are in Radient Garden and when Ven says to erase him he is on Destiny Islands. xD
On what you said about 3D Sora and Riku are still in their KH1 outfits in the gameplay so that's a big hint. :p
Also in BBS remember the scene in the trailers when Terra is talking to Ven in the same area that the 1000 heartless battle happens, is that like the Ven and MX scene where that scene takes place somewhere else or was it just taken out?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The scene with Terra talking to Ven about how he may save him one day was moved from the Dark Depths to the Outer Gardens.

Ruran

Awards
There were also flying Heartless in that 1000 heartless scene. Were those in the battle in KH2FM?

I have no clue actually. :p

And I just looked at the first trailer for BBS and a lot of the scenes were in different places. When Terra is talking to Eraqus and is holding up Ven they are in Radient Garden and when Ven says to erase him he is on Destiny Islands. xD
On what you said about 3D Sora and Riku are still in their KH1 outfits in the gameplay so that's a big hint. :p
Also in BBS remember the scene in the trailers when Terra is talking to Ven in the same area that the 1000 heartless battle happens, is that like the Ven and MX scene where that scene takes place somewhere else or was it just taken out?

The scene is still in the game they pretty much just overhauled it. It takes place in RG too though~

Edit: Ninja'd

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
i just want the behemoths and stuff removed from the battle of 1000 heartless to be added back in

for variety's sake

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And here is the first trailer of DDD:
Kingdom Hearts: 3D Trailer - YouTube
Pretty much nothing in the last half of the trailer happens.

Kingdom Hearts 3Demo was both a game announcement and a tech demo for the 3DS. They had announced early on that the things we saw in the trailer wouldn't be a true representation of the game when they revealed it again.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Alice's stained glass in Station of Awakening was taken out of the first game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3Demo was both a game announcement and a tech demo for the 3DS. They had announced early on that the things we saw in the trailer wouldn't be a true representation of the game when they revealed it again.

Yes I forgot about that piece of info. :p But at least they kept the raining Sora's in the game. xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora! Sora everywhere!

As to your initial question, while this was just a beta trailer, they had plans to include Disney Castle in KH1...and then there are the quotes and the ending bit with Sora running at Riku.

[video=youtube;ori-1zhIgcY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ori-1zhIgcY[/video]

I'd say that KH3D made some of those quotes come full-circle in a way, though. xD

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Alice's stained glass in Station of Awakening was taken out of the first game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wow that Alice one actually looks really good. I wonder why they replaced it with this one?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora! Sora everywhere!

As to your initial question, while this was just a beta trailer, they had plans to include Disney Castle in KH1...and then there are the quotes and the ending bit with Sora running at Riku.

I'd say that KH3D made some of those quotes come full-circle in a way, though. xD

That music! :p The beta trailers are interesting things, like Riku, Sora, and Kairi's faces. xD But also Riku on top of Big Ben and Sora seeing Destiny Islands keyhole. That makes me wonder how come Sora never does see it? Riku did when he was a kid but why not Sora?

P.S. 1000th post! :D

Ruran

Awards
Wow that Alice one actually looks really good. I wonder why they replaced it with this one?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I reckon they wanted all seven princesses represented in some way and since they couldn't make one for all all of them (and Kairi's would be a spoiler) they had one represent three of them. The intro flowed a very certain way so they had to replace one of the glasses.

Edit: Also dat Sora.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That music! :p The beta trailers are interesting things, like Riku, Sora, and Kairi's faces. xD But also Riku on top of Big Ben and Sora seeing Destiny Islands keyhole. That makes me wonder how come Sora never does see it? Riku did when he was a kid but why not Sora?

P.S. 1000th post! :D

Riku could see the Keyhole because he had undergone the Rite of Succession.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
That Alice stained-glass is cute~

I'm just so glad they changed the faces on the models. Yikes. They look like they've aged prematurely. Also, the SDG trios screen avatars look, well, goofier. :]

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
in II, they cut a final boss fight with xemnas fusing with the castle that never was, becoming a badass towering centaur warrior.

they depraved us of what would have been the greatest fight ever, a secret boss battle in the future would be awesome though.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Sora! Sora everywhere!

in II, they cut a final boss fight with xemnas fusing with the castle that never was, becoming a badass towering centaur warrior.

they depraved us of what would have been the greatest fight ever, a secret boss battle in the future would be awesome though.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I hate how they do that... but then again, they prob had to take them all out for time constraints. The stuff in the beta... some should've been kept in, like how Sora goes on top of Darkside and does that cool move to kill it, or the destiny Island stuff... there's somethings that should've stayed... but even so, the official release was amazing. The final boss... thing, that's what I'm mostly pissed off about... I would've had FUN fighting that thing!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ahh it would've been nice if Disney Castle was playable in the first Kingdom Hearts. Ahh oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back