• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► Content creators you stopped watching 2.0

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

So I remember this was a thread back in the day, and though I never posted on it I saw it gave a lot of good insight on the often overlooked underbelly of those internet celebrities that are so commonplace nowadays. However, I'm not willing to necropost (that's something I simply don't do anymore) so I figured I'd make the next iteration of it, because I have a feeling it might get a lot of traction. Rules are simple, discuss certain content creators (or creator) that you've stopped watching and whatever reasons why that is. It could be as simple as you just grew bored of their content or their skeevy actions behind the scenes. As always I'll start.

Game Theory (and MatPat in general). Alright, we're off to a great start aren't we? this persnickety bastard managed to fall from grace going from solid videos on a wide variety of games to having at least 25% of his content be FnaF related and targeted to kids (which he vehemently denies in a video where he comments on Thegamerfrommars' video on him, despite it being pretty evident otherwise). It might be the fact that he sides with Fnaf (a game series I personally hate and never thought was good /didn't deserve THIS MUCH popularity) or the fact that he's egocentric but either way I stopped watching him. He's been given multiple opportunities that people would kill for like getting to meet the pope, and what does he give the man who hardly knows how to use a computer?
He gives the man Undertale, presumably in a download code for Steam as no physical copies exist. Evidently he DID get around to playing it but I still think it's a waste of a gift. Give him some exotic chocolates or a dinosaur fossil, that's what I'd give him.

All in all, not a great guy in my opinion, he's clearly too high up on his mountain of fame that he's dizzy from the lack of oxygen getting to his brain.
Rant over.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't follow anyone lol. I didn't even realize YouTube was what it is for years. I only recently figured it out probably at the start of the pandemic when I noticed full on series and stuff made by regular people. It's probably because I only used YouTube to look up clips from shows or music.

I have stumbled across that guy's videos and thought he was annoyingly hyper-active in the videos. I also didn't like his KH3 video because it was pretty obvious and not so much a theory, but an unconfirmed fact. I think when I see someone talk about KH and I can tell they have no idea what they're talking about, but doing it just for views because KH is a hot topic at that point in time, it annoys me.

Soldier

Awards
I don't follow anyone lol. I didn't even realize YouTube was what it is for years. I only recently figured it out probably at the start of the pandemic when I noticed full on series and stuff made by regular people. It's probably because I only used YouTube to look up clips from shows or music.

I have stumbled across that guy's videos and thought he was annoyingly hyper-active in the videos. I also didn't like his KH3 video because it was pretty obvious and not so much a theory, but an unconfirmed fact. I think when I see someone talk about KH and I can tell they have no idea what they're talking about, but doing it just for views because KH is a hot topic at that point in time, it annoys me.
Well their slogan used to be "Broadcast Yourself", but that was many years ago (I feel old now...). And yeah, his KH 3 video sucks, A series that is practically bursting with interesting little details and symbolism, and he picks the %(^$ing Frozen level and "why it's so different". I'll tell you why, Frozen's popular, Disney is protective of the property, no need for a dumb theory. Also, he went for low hanging fruit with the "KH complicated huehuehue" joke that's been done to death. That probably was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well their slogan used to be "Broadcast Yourself", but that was many years ago (I feel old now...). And yeah, his KH 3 video sucks, A series that is practically bursting with interesting little details and symbolism, and he picks the %(^$ing Frozen level and "why it's so different". I'll tell you why, Frozen's popular, Disney is protective of the property, no need for a dumb theory. Also, he went for low hanging fruit with the "KH complicated huehuehue" joke that's been done to death. That probably was the final nail in the coffin for me.
Yeah, I don't watch anyone that talks about KH on YouTube. When KH3 was about to release, I magically was recommended all these KH videos from these people and I watched one - the person clearly had no idea what the hell was going on, and made a KH video just to get views since KH was hot at the time.

Isn't the slogan still "Broadcast Yourself" or do they not have a slogan anymore? But on that note, I took broadcast yourself to mean posting stupid videos of yourself or whatever, but never really making a channel of continuous content like a TV channel or something. I mean it seems so corporate now and fake.

Soldier

Awards
Yeah, I don't watch anyone that talks about KH on YouTube. When KH3 was about to release, I magically was recommended all these KH videos from these people and I watched one - the person clearly had no idea what the hell was going on, and made a KH video just to get views since KH was hot at the time.

Isn't the slogan still "Broadcast Yourself" or do they not have a slogan anymore? But on that note, I took broadcast yourself to mean posting stupid videos of yourself or whatever, but never really making a channel of continuous content like a TV channel or something. I mean it seems so corporate now and fake.
Well that's the unfortunate circumstance, a lot of people play KH thinking "hur hur Disney game it's gotta be easy" when the reality is it's more difficult than they expect. If they're a comedian they'll reuse the same joke that it's long and complicated (but for a series with this many games, it's GOING to get complicated). I don't think YouTube has a slogan anymore, I remember they used to display it proudly on the left side of the page, but not anymore. Back in 2008 there was no such thing as monetization or a career from being a Youtuber, it was just a site for videos made by people for people. But over time it evolved into what we see today, kind of a shame really

(Also, I learned today that MatPat donates money to a charity that supports ABA therapy, yeah no he's on my permanent %#!* list now).
Evidence: https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1388297683203461125

Soldier

Awards
>doesn’t know what ABA therapy is
>looks up what it is

…that doesn’t sound like a bad thing? Am I missing something?
ABA therapy has the chance to do severe emotional damage to a child with autism, if done incorrectly. It's also one of those therapies that tells kids to put on a mask over who they are, and repress their autistic side, which is very harmful.

Soldier

Awards
Did they cancel MatPat yet?
They did not, he's still running his empire that is built upon his poor choice of sponsors and pandering towards FnaF. It's going to take a lot to cut him down to size.
I used to watch TheMysteriousMrEnter until just before the pandemic started.

I was getting sick of his dumbass takes on things.
Yeah, I admit I still do kind of watch his videos, though mainly as background noise when grinding in games. I did look up to him at one point, but his Turning Red review definitely didn't help his already dwindling popularity. At least he didn't mock the events of 9/11?

WaltK

Awards
I did look up to him at one point, but his Turning Red review definitely didn't help his already dwindling popularity. At least he didn't mock the events of 9/11?
Oh sweet Jesus his Turning Red review. I checked it out after learning of it through another Youtuber I recently started watching. Every criticism he makes about the accuracy to the time period is basically wrong.

Back