• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Contact [Original|Mature]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I honestly have no idea where I'm going with this story. Some characters may seem familiar while others are not. I finally stopped beating around the bush to write these guys story. This is only the beginning. I should warn you, there's some character death and violence involved. In due time, the story will become clearer with each chapter. I don't expect reviews or anything; this is purely for fun. xD

Chapter 1.

Click.

The young man grimace as he hefted his pistol up and pointed the barrel right at the victim's face. He could feel himself shaking. It was his first time being on the other side of a gun with a person's life on the line. As a soldier, he knew it would happen someday; taking the life of another. He just wasn't prepared for it. Nobody was. C'mon, Zero. You can do this. If you don't... she'll kill you first. He had snuck up on target and cornered her inside of the facility. Now, she stared defiantly at him with a pinched frown on her face.

"Are you going to pull the trigger or not?"

When he didn't answer, she moved forward. Bang! The bullet narrowly missed her by a few inches, where her head should've of been had he not deliberately missed. The bullet had struck the cement wall behind her with smoke wafting away from it, while pieces of debris fell to the ground; his target whistled at the sight before cocking her head to the side as she faced him once more. "You're a lousy shot." She remarked sarcastically. "Is this your first time holding a gun? I thought you could do better than that, dog."

Zero growled, "Why? Was your brother a lousy shot too, Amelia?"

A flash of hurt reflected inside of her eyes before it was quickly squashed away and followed by rage. Her blue eyes glanced down at his pistol before looking over his shoulder. Probably planning for escape and weighing the cons and pros of engaging him. Zero knew he couldn't let that happen. Instead he knew just what to say to make Amelia lose her temper and concentration. You just have to dig a little deeper, make it hurt that much more, and then... they'll die trying. That's how you end their lives, Zero. The voice inside of his head was a familiar one.

"Does it hurt, knowing I look just like him?" Zero asked, keeping his pistol trained over her heart. "Is that how he died?"

"Shut up." Amelia barked, her hands balling into fists at her sides. "You don't know what you're talking about!"

"Oh, but I think I do." Zero replied darkly, letting himself smile at her. "You denied it over and over, whenever I confronted you about it. You pretended, you didn't see it. Didn't see him in me."

"So what?" Amelia spat out, pacing in front of him and on the verge of tears. "What's your point? Get it over with and quit stalling!"

Zero opened his mouth to say something else, when she gasped at something from behind him; her eyes widening in fear as she backed up into the cement wall. His eyebrows narrowed in confusion, when he twisted around to find nothing but a box of empty crates and ammo. Nobody was there. Oh shit. She played me! There wasn't time for him to twist around to avoid a full on body slam. The collision of her body against his knocked the breath right out of him. He let out a grunt of pain as he felt himself fall with Amelia landing atop of him, the gun flying out of his grip and landing a few feet away from him. Amelia scrambled to get up and go after the gun. Oh no, you don't! Zero didn't have time to catch his breath as the weight off of his back lifted; he reached forward with outstretched arms and caught hold of her ankle firmly in the palm of his hand.

"Let go of me!" Amelia growled, trying to shake him off with her foot. When that didn't work she resorted to kicking him off of her person with her other foot. Each blow did nothing to waver his hold on her or relinquish the weight he had on her. "Dammit Zero, don't you know when to give it up?" If Zero didn't know better, it almost sounded like she was laughing at him; like they were friends fighting over something stupid or crazy.

"You still play dirty, even after all this time." Zero coughed, holding onto her leg with all of his might and feeling her stumble beneath his grip. "Can't say, I don't mind."

"Zero ability with a gun, Zero IQ to give it up when you're not going to win this fight, and quite frankly...Zero hotness whatsoever." Amelia replied, rolling her eyes as she struggled to move. "You should quit while you're still alive." Her voice coming out winded with every step she took as she grew closer to the pistol resting on the floor in front of her. "This doesn't have to end in blood shed-!" A startle cry escaped her lips from having her ankles jerked out from underneath her own feet, sending her crashing to the floor with a thud. That's going to bruise tomorrow.

Zero made to move until a slender knee slammed into his private parts. Stars erupted across his vision as searing pain blinded him and made his disoriented, followed by the sudden dull roar sounding throughout the room they were in. Son of... Zero saw red as hands desperately tried to shove him away or push him off of the body he pinned down with his own. Fingers suddenly started clawing at his face except Zero couldn't feel the pain. Three years of suicidal missions taught him to endure worse things then this. He wanted to laugh. If only I had balls of steel.

Somehow in a matter of minutes, Zero was able to grab ahold of the pistol and press the barrel directly into Amelia's chest. His forefinger wrapping around the trigger as she stared up at him with defeat; they were both fighting to catch their breath as they kept eye contact with one another. Slowly did Zero draw back until his weight was no longer pinning Amelia down to the floor, keeping the gun steady as he moved into a knelt position above her. "This time...I won't miss." Zero said quietly. Specks of his blood dripped one by one onto her exposed shoulder and bled into her cotton pink t-shirt.

"Finally! We can end this charade!" A male voice called out from nearby. "They sure do know how to put up a fight, don't they, Zero?"

"Kaz." Zero said softly, without moving a muscle. "Are you sure about this?"

~*~​
The young man scowled in response. "Pull the damn trigger, Zero."

Tension filled the air between the two comrades in arms and the girl lying on the ground. The silence was deafening as Kaz groaned and moved forward to help take care of the problem. Except Zero held up the palm of his free hand and shook his head. "I'll do it." The remorse in his voice didn't go unnoticed by him as Zero bent down low enough to whisper something inside of the girl's ear.

"Time's wasting, Zero." Kaz reminded him, once he pulled away and adjusted his aim towards the center of her chest. The heart was vital and held important information they needed and couldn't afford to lose. Apart of him wanted to snarl, when Zero mentally fought with himself about shooting her until the girl's hand grabbed the pistol he held. For a brief moment, he wanted to laugh at the startle look in Zero's eyes as he jerked back at her touch. It reminded him of an animal in headlights.

Bang.

"Nice shot, Zero." Kaz praised him, taking out surgical gloves and slipping them on each hand before plopping down besides the dead girl on the ground. A medical kit sat at his knee as he leaned over and begun his work. "Maybe the next target won't be so stubborn to die. All we need is the code." Blood pooled around the girl's body as he set to work. At the back of his mind, he knew Zero knew this girl at one time. They were enemies then friends then back to enemies again. He didn't understand why he hesitated so much from the start. "If you ask me-"

"I'm going outside. Let me know, when you're done." Zero interrupted him, without glancing at the body and turning on his heel, walking away.

"You've gone all soft on me, Zero." Kaz said quietly to himself.

~*~

Thirty Minutes Prior.​

Kaz sat behind a desk with computer monitors on display. In one of his hands sat a hard drive filled up with data to send the facility crashing down around him and Zero; should they need to make a clean get away. Not like they'd ever need it. Neither one was subtle in taking down fortresses like this. It didn't take much effort for them to get caught or find what they were looking for. They were good at what they did as soldiers. Except they weren't really soldiers either. They were something else entirely. Mercenaries perhaps.

Then something flickered across one of the screen monitors, making him look up in time to see Zero in a compromising position with the target. Amused at what he saw, he pushed out of his chair and stalked away from the desk. Two men in armor spotted him and rushed forward to engage him in a fight. Big mistake. Kaz smiled wickedly as he dove down between two desks as shots were fired and rang out throughout the room. Glass shattering behind him. "Where did he go? Find him!"

Kaz leapt out from behind the desk, wrestling the gun away from his first attacker with brute force. Now with the shotgun in his hand, he fired away at the ceiling lights until the room was pitch black. In one swift move, he pushed his goggles down and found his next attacker; swinging the gun aimlessly around and looking about the room warily. Kaz twisted the shotgun around in his hands, hitting his attacker with the blunt end of the gun in the man's stomach until he was bent over in a coughing fit. Lights out for you, buddy. Then he knocked him out with a hit to the head without killing him.

"You were looking for me?" Kaz called out, alerting the second guard to his presence. "I'm told I'm devilishly handsome and no man or woman can resist me."

More bullets were fired and wasted in a matter of minutes. The guard cursed when nobody cried out in agony of being hit and began upchucking chairs across the room, scattering documents everywhere and knocking desks over with impatience. Probably hoping Kaz was hiding nearby so he could report back and check on his fellow guard. Today was not going to be his lucky day.

"Somebodies afraid of the dark." Kaz teased, watching the guard stomp around and look around blindly for a light switch. "Oh, I wouldn't do that, if I were you. You wouldn't like to see this pretty face in broad light."

Quietly did Kaz approach the guard from behind, watching a triumph and relieved smile on the guard's face as he found the light switch. The flick of a light switch was all it took for Kaz to press the shotgun at the guard's back and surrender his weapon. "I told you, you shouldn't do that or you might not like what you find." Without a sign of any aggression, did Kaz hit him in the face with the blunt end of the shotgun and watch the guard fall to the floor unconscious. "Nighty night."

Kaz whistled as he walked out the door without a backwards glance. "Now, let's hurry Zero the hell up."

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Oh I like this. I got a hint of something familiar I watched in the past from Amelia and Zero's duel, which helped me immerse myself into it even more. The whole soldier thing is mysterious in its own right as well. At first I thought they were part of some big government organization like DC's A.R.G.U.S. or Suicide Squad, but then I got the vibe that they're more of specialized guns for hire, since they seem to have more knowledge and technique than normal men. I'm also curious about what Zero whispered to Amelia, as well as what the 'code' is they need, or what Kaz needed to do to 'work' on her.

It's an interesting start, and I hope you write more! :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Oh I like this. I got a hint of something familiar I watched in the past from Amelia and Zero's duel, which helped me immerse myself into it even more. The whole soldier thing is mysterious in its own right as well. At first I thought they were part of some big government organization like DC's A.R.G.U.S. or Suicide Squad, but then I got the vibe that they're more of specialized guns for hire, since they seem to have more knowledge and technique than normal men. I'm also curious about what Zero whispered to Amelia, as well as what the 'code' is they need, or what Kaz needed to do to 'work' on her.

It's an interesting start, and I hope you write more! :D

Thank you! :D I was really happy to hear somebody liked it! I actually felt nervous right after I posted it. lol. I don't think I've heard of either of those government organizations before. As for some of your questions, they'll be answered in the chapter after this one.

Chapter 2.

"Is it done?"

Outside of the Facility, stood Zero with his back facing him in the god awful tundra of hell freezing over. Literally. There was icicles that could pierce a man in unpleasant ways, if he didn't take care to watch where he stepped. What is it with people and their need to build their secret headquarters in the worst places on earth? It's not like we're here to appreciate the scenery or decorations. Nobody's got time for that. The air made it hard to breath with how approximately high up they both were on a side of a mountain as he kept his goggles on to block the blaring sunlight reflected off the steep snowy cliffs. Stupid mission, if you ask me, I'd get the hell out of here instead of sticking around.

"Straight to the point as always, Zero. When did you become the brooding one?" Kaz shook his head with a sigh, clamping his comrade on the back of the shoulder. "I remember you being more eager to engage others on the field. What happen to that guy? I liked that guy. He was fun."

Zero brushed Kaz's gloved hand off of his shoulder. "When you decided to put me back in my place after I strayed too far for your liking." There was a pointed looked before he glanced casually down at the specks of blood left on his own gear. The urge to throw up must've of been on his face, cause Kaz moved a few paces back and held up his hands. "Whatever. Tell me the code was worth it. Better not be a three or-" He couldn't bear to finish the words without choking up about it. The words left unsaid hung heavily on the young man's shoulders. Or her death will be in vain and nothing will ever erase what I've done. One more death to add to the pile.

"You need to get drunk." Kaz declared, "And that was one time! Lighten up already. Geez, you really know how to-"

"Kaz! The number. Get on with it already." Zero interrupted, "Not in the mood for your commentary or mind games right now."

If there was one thing Kaz disliked most in this exact moment, it was the demands coming out of his partner in arm's mouth. Without holding an ounce of energy back, Kaz jerked Zero by the front of his right arm and flipped him over until he was shoved deep down into the white, powdery snow then jerked up right by the same exact arm and slammed roughly into the steel door, they had previously come out of. He isn't putting up much of a fight. The weak attempts at dislodging his grip was pathetic, making him sigh in disappointment before yanking the gun out of his partner's hand and throwing it aside into the snow.

"What was that about my commentary? C'mon Zero, tell me again how much you miss it. Miss me provoking you about your so called friends, your choices up to this point." Kaz hissed, smiling darkly as he kept a tight grip on the back of his head. When no answer came forth, he loosened his grip just enough to let Zero's feet touch the ground. "And it was the number four. The Resistance seems to find it remarkably funny to put only one number on a candidates heart. We need the other remaining numbers if we're going to do this right. We got lucky with this one."

"All of this... For only one number?"

The instant he withdrew his gloved hands from Zero's body, he watched him crumple to the ground and hang his head in disbelief. We're finally getting started and I have to deal with this crap again? Kaz swept up the fallen pistol out of the snowy bank and tossed it at his feet in irritation and disgust. "Did you honestly think we'd only have to do this just once? That a bunch of losers like the one you just happen to put a bullet through will be the end of it? No. Now get up." Kaz lightly kicked at his boot and stalked around in a small circle. "I hate places like this and a bar full of food is just calling our names back home." Not that we really have a home. We don't have the luxury for something like that.

"Whatever Kaz."

Zero wouldn't look him in the eye. Which wasn't like him at all as he held up his right hand, palm facing upward and waiting for his assistance. "You going to help me up after beating me against the wall or not?" Instead of taking his hand, Kaz felt himself becoming more suspicious of his partner's sudden acceptance and lack of resistance at the argument at hand. There was little to be suspicious of but, given he had just handed his ass to him? Yeah, totally not buying it. Kaz noted the pistol still rested at his partner's feet and wasn't within range to fire unexpectedly at him. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time they've had some trust issues after a few incidents of shooting each other on purpose.

"For the record, that was a door. A steel door. Not a wall." Kaz remarked slowly, taking his hand and heaving him up off the ground until he was standing next to him. "You may of lost some brain cells."

"And I have you to thank for that, don't I?" Zero replied sarcastically.

"You earned it buddy, when you got all weepy on me."

~*~

The urge to hit something, preferably Kaz was weighing on his patience and becoming harder to ignore by the minute. Usually, he didn't have the urge to beat his partner over the head with an inanimate object unless he had a death wish. The guilt of ending Amelia's life wasn't an easy one. Neither was only gaining one number, when they needed more than that. Kaz knew how many and what numbers not to look for. No matter how many times he asked before, he'd get the same response. All in good time, Zero. Just be a good soldier until then.

"I still don't see why one miserable life matters so much to you. I mean, c'mon! She treated you like dirt from the beginning to the very end. If you ask me, she wasn't what I'd call a friend."
That does it.

Wham.

Zero felt a sickening satisfaction as his knuckles collided right into Kaz's jaw, sending his partner sprawling forward into the powdery snow. A bunch of snow rained high in the air as Kaz fell head first into the snow and out of his sight; the snow being deep enough to use for cover, which may come in handy later. The abrupt pain in his hand was something he could live with as he flexed his fingers to check for broken bones. Better to hit somebody in the stomach, cause nobody can call you out on it without proof and you don't break your hand in the process. Except landing a hit on Kaz isn't an easy feat to do. When Kaz reemerged out of the snow, it left a print of his figure in the snow.

"Feeling better now?" Kaz asked him, brushing off the snow and glaring at him.

"Much better." Zero replied, waiting for their ride to arrive.

"Good, cause we're about to have some company."

Incoming on the roof above them were three men with white armor materializing into sight with their high-tech guns pointing right at them. Always in a pair of three. As one of the men drew closer within firing range, Zero felt fear wake into his heart. What he mistaken for a high-tech gun was actually a flame thrower. The tank sitting on the man's back wasn't hard to miss and having two men flank him; obviously they were prepared for this. There was no clean shot to take out the man with a flame thrower without ending up as barbeque. Should've of known they'd have one of those in a place like this.

"Kaz, we can't- we can't fight a flame thrower." Zero stammered out, falling back until he felt his feet hit the edge of the cliff. "I thought you said they only had men inside!" Two options becoming clear as day. Die fighting or surrender. The steel door suddenly opened with two more rough, beaten up looking men held up their own guns pointing at them and taking the safety feature off of them. "You didn't kill the men inside? Are you insane?" Without giving it a single thought, he lowered his pistol down and knew they were out numbered.

"I didn't think we'd be here for so long." Kaz replied, shrugging his shoulders and not looking the least bit concern. "If you surrender now, we'll never come back out of here alive. Not when we have one of the vital numbers." Damn him. Damn him for being right. The wicked smile didn't reassure Zero much, because he knew that smile and whatever followed afterward... was never good for him, or whoever it was directed at.

"Hey dumbasses, time to surrender!"

"Sorry boys, we have better things to do." Kaz replied, cocking his shotgun and firing two rounds of bullets into the snow.

Before Zero could even begin to question why that would be a good idea, he was yanked by the arm by Kaz and shoved roughly off of the cliff. Wait, what? Son of a b- The air rushed past him as he fell through the sky, suddenly aware of how far away the edge of the cliff he previously stood on was and nearly had a heart attack. Until the jolt of landing on something heavy and hard struck the air right out of his windpipes and he began to slide off of 'it'. No! No! No! Hands slipping! Zero clung helplessly at whatever he could grab hold of until he found himself staring into a windshield of an airplane with a person piloting it.

"Good to see you again, Zero." A voice called out from the speakers hidden somewhere on the plane.

If he had time for pleasantries, he'd give a sailor a run for his money. Instead of responding, he waited for somebody to help him inside except the airplane continued to hoover in place; making gusts of wind and snow whistle past his ears and freeze him half to death. Sometime today, would be nice. Don't know why I have to wait out here for. Instead, the outline of a shadow of a person appear on the reflection of the plane. And wouldn't you know it. It was Kaz. Stupid, stupid, Kaz. Don't bother telling me the plan, Kaz. Don't bother telling me, you're going to shove me off of a flipping CLIFF! Yeah, he had a lot of issues to work out later, when he wasn't gripping onto a huge junk of metal and clinging onto it with his life.

Above them the loud eruption of an explosion went off with flames and black smoke rising high into the sky. Screams could be heard as Kaz landed onto the plane with a thud, making the plane sway in place and dip onto one side. Which gave Zero some leverage to get a better grip on it as he watched Kaz nearly rolled off of it until he clutched onto a makeshift hand holder, then slowly raised his face to look at him; of course he'd be grinning that stupid grin of his. "I hate you. I hope you know that." Kaz merely rolled his eyes at the ill comment and didn't say a word; in fact, he knocked his hand on the windshield of the plane and said a breath later,

"Get us out of here.

~*~

Inside of a Cheap Oliver's Pub
"Where would you like to be seated, Sir?"

"A table for two. Anywhere will do."

The cute, petite waitress lead the way over to a table with candles and mood lighting set in place. There was a slight flush to her cheeks, which the young man thought was odd until he sat down and she set his menu down followed by another for his so called date. "I'll give you a minute to decide what you want to eat. If you know what you want to drink-" Zero held up his hand, halting her words as he sat more comfortably in his chair and propped open the menu with his free hand and looked up at her.

"Water will do until my date arrives."

Now, I know what you're thinking. Why am I inside of a pub ordering for two, when I should be owning Kaz's butt every way to Sunday? In short, I needed a break. Knowing my luck, Kaz will ruin this before I even get the chance to order my own meal. If you're wondering why I'd bring a date here, it's my favorite place to eat and it isn't packed on a Friday night; making it an ideal spot to bring a special lady or male friend to dine with me. However the bar to my left did have a few questionable figures sitting down and throwing back shots. Not that it mattered, when I wasn't looking for a fight in the first place. Now what to eat?

I pretended to look over the menu, which I've memorized enough times in the past cause it was all I had to read for awhile. Don't ask. As I glanced at my watch then at the door a few times, I waited patiently as my stomach reminded me how flipping starving I was and how, I really wanted a order of everything; cause it had been hours since I last eaten. The events of the mission I was on hours ago far away from my mind, when hunger out ruled logic. I didn't really care where Kaz was nor what he had to say to our leader until I had something, anything in my mouth.

"Would you like to order now?" The waitress asked, appearing at my elbow and discreetly checking me out, while pretending to hold sympathy for my lack of a date with a reassuring smile. Obviously, I'm still handsome enough to make an overly eager waitress hightail it over here. Or the pub's crowd was slow and she had nothing better to do. Hard to tell. I glanced at the empty seat across from me then went to open my mouth, when the waitress patted me on the arm. "I'm sure the lucky gal will be here soon." Oh boy.

I tried to muffle my laughter, knowing she was feeling me up to probably tell all of her friends in the backroom. If only she knew, I didn't have an actual date. "I should probably try to call her soon." Then remembering about her suggestion of ordering food, I thanked whatever deity was out there for getting straight to the point. "A burger with fries and onion rings will do great." Except the waitress look taken aback by the order before reaching out for the menu. I guess she thought I'd order a more elegant meal instead of a casual one. I kept my eyes up as she lingered too much in taking the menu and fingered my phone inside of my pocket. "Thank you."

You see, I could pay for a meal because I have money in my back pocket. But what's the fun in it? I need to live a little, preferably scamming a woman out of a free meal instead of free falling onto a plane from god knows how high up. I don't need to do that twice. Something more normal and mundane would be nice. I made sure to make the call looking convincing, leaving voice mails and glancing at the door a few times, before slouching in my seat and sighing miserably at my phone. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the waitress frowning and speaking to the manager before walking over with a complimentary dessert on the house. Score.

"Here's a free dessert. Sorry about your date."

"Thanks... I think she stood me up. You didn't have to do this." I assured her, before eyeing the warm brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice creaming sitting atop of it with syrup. C'mon, I want to eat. Go away. Then as if my prayers were going to go unanswered after all, the devil walked in, pulled out the chair across from me and sat down. Let me rephrase that. Kaz sat down while putting his boots up on the table. Curse you, Kaz. I thought you were busy. My glare must've amused him, because he lifted up a silver spoon and took a bite out of my ice cream. Again, let me rephrase. MY FREE ICE CREAM.

"I didn't stand you up." Kaz said firmly, "I'm his date."

"T-This is your date?" The waitress questioned, paling slightly and swaying on her feet.

There goes my chance of scoring a real date after this. "I thought you weren't coming." I hissed, reaching for my dessert, except the bastard pulled it away from me and took another bite out of my ice cream. "And give that back, I don't remember saying you could eat it!" I nearly forgotten about the waitress, whom was looking distressed and angry. "No! He's not my date, I swear!" My eyes watched Kaz take a bite out of the brownie next, making me want to throttle him despite being my partner and withholding information from me.

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Haha, I loved the ending to this. These two are make quite the pair! Though Kaz's actions bring his loyalty into question, Zero isn't exactly a shining role model either. I'm looking forward to finding out more about what the code is for, and why some people have them etched into their hearts!

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Your story idea is good, and I like that you don't rush it--you string along just enough hints of the larger plot to keep us interested. That kind of pacing is something I struggle with, but you pull it off fairly well.

For improvement, focus on polishing the writing. Some of it's really good, especially in the dialogue, which is natural and to-the-point.
For the record, that was a door. A steel door. Not a wall. [...] You may of lost some brain cells."

"And I have you to thank for that, don't I?"

"You earned it buddy, when you got all weepy on me."
But sometimes your descriptions feel like they get too long and trip themselves up. This happens most noticeably in action scenes.
Quietly did Kaz approach the guard from behind, watching a triumph and relieved smile on the guard's face as he found the light switch. The flick of a light switch was all it took for Kaz to press the shotgun at the guard's back and surrender his weapon. "I told you, you shouldn't do that or you might not like what you find." Without a sign of any aggression, did Kaz hit him in the face with the blunt end of the shotgun and watch the guard fall to the floor unconscious. "Nighty night.
In this paragraph for instance, "triumph" should be "triumphant," "surrender" doesn't make sense in the sentence, and I don't really understand how you can hit someone in the face "without a sign of any aggression." Also, you use a very strange grammatical pattern twice in the paragraph: "Quietly did Kaz approach the guard...," and "did Kaz hit him in the face...." It sounds unnatural, almost wrong to my ears. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just say "Kaz quietly approached the guard...," and "Kaz hit him in the face...."

If you could bring the rest of your writing up to the level of your dialogue, I think it would really make the story stand out!

Noel

Awards
I'm absolutely loving that ending. Sorry it took me so long to finally read it. Cx I indeed love how everything is set, it feels as if I were watching an espionage movie or something. I don't even think that's a correct word to define it. I assume that Zero and Kaz are just codenames? Do their names have any meaning? I'm always curious about the little things like that. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back