• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Consistent lag in UT99

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I downloaded and installed UnrealTournament99 a few days ago on my brand new computer. It used to run fine on my old computer, but now when I booted it up and started playing, my character's movement, firing rate etc, was way too fast, and every few seconds I got stuck with a shaky screen for a bit. Then Azu suggested I'd run the game in Windows 98 compatibility, which I did, and the shaky screen disappeared. Though the lag didn't disappear completely, cause when I play the game now, I suddenly walk slowly, then at normal rate again, and so on. The same happens with guns if I try to fire right when the lag hits me. This problem persists in both online and offline matches, so I don't think it has anything to do with my connection.

So far, this is what I've tried;

- play in Windows 98/95 compatibility
- edit boot.ini with /usepmtimer at the end
- updated my video card drivers
- disabled one core (dualcore comp) while playing UT
- added cpuspeed=2800 to the shortcut

None of them worked obviously, so if anyone has any further ideas, I'd gladly hear them.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2
Dual Core 3800+
2.00GHz, 1,00 GB
GFX: NVidia GeForce 7300 LE

Last edited:

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Update: He managed to figure it out...

He had his battery configuration on Max Power Save...
(Which will underclock a chip.)

Basically, he wasn't getting the full power. -.-

(The methods I mentioned are for problems arising from using dualcore chips and UT.)

~~Azurith

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Most dualcores have 'Minimal Power use' by default, as I learned a few days ago. So if anyone else has problems like these while playing any of their games, you should check your Energy management settings first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back