• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion over one point with aqua..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Yes but you said if it had been shown floating away, which it didn't do. It literally just stays there.

It literally just vanished and we’re supposed to assume that meant it went to the realm of light when it looked as if it was just a case of “the camera angle just didn’t have it in the shot”

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It literally just vanished and we’re supposed to assume that meant it went to the realm of light when it looked as if it was just a case of “the camera angle just didn’t have it in the shot”
I'm chalking it up to Nomura shenanigans and he deliberately didn't show Master Defender because he hadn't yet decided whether he wanted Aqua to keep it or not.

KHRULER

Awards
I'm chalking it up to Nomura shenanigans and he deliberately didn't show Master Defender because he hadn't yet decided whether he wanted Aqua to keep it or not.

Imo, it would have created a much better story if she lost the keyblade due to her time venturing so long in the RoD/the depths she traveled/ the darkness growing in her heart (which would make sense for her to lose it due to the keyblade being Eraqus', him being passionate about light) rather than it just up and vanishing. This could have been combined with the effects of her experiences to push her to becoming "Anti-Aqua" rather than just being turned by Ansem SoD which was pretty anti-climactic and not very well explained.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Soooo, I kinda had a different idea on why the Keyblade ended up at Destiny Islands. Aqua ended up near the dark beach that connected to Destiny Islands...so what if when it fell separate from her, it just landed in that ocean and got slowly carried over like Kairi's bottle? I kinda assumed that was the case myself at least. It also explains why it took a long time.

But I guess if it is shown not going back with her, I guess it did just chill on the beach? I guess the issue with that is, did it just get buried in sand for a year? Lol. Or did no one ever go to the island where they played anymore? I guess Kairi was over in the residential island the whole time.

Honestly regardless of if the DI kids abandoned their play island for a year, Kairi would have noticed it. She was standing on the beach as the world was being restored, if a keyblade fell on the beach or something she'd have seen it and probably recognized it as a keyblade.

I think chances of it being buried, lost in the sea, or being carried over from the seas between the realm of darkness and Destiny Island seem more likely than it just laying there on the beach for over a year.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Honestly regardless of if the DI kids abandoned their play island for a year, Kairi would have noticed it. She was standing on the beach as the world was being restored, if a keyblade fell on the beach or something she'd have seen it and probably recognized it as a keyblade.

I think chances of it being buried, lost in the sea, or being carried over from the seas between the realm of darkness and Destiny Island seem more likely than it just laying there on the beach for over a year.

It really makes more sense yeah, if nothing ever clarifies it further, I definitely am just gonna say it fell into the ocean.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Just wait for Kingdom Hearts 0.<3/2 Back Distance: Another Side, Another Ingredient where we learn that the Master Defender was discovered and taken by Keyblade master Seagull Whose Egg Sora Stole after the events of KH1/Fragmentary Passage.

Rosebudx

Awards
Soooo, I kinda had a different idea on why the Keyblade ended up at Destiny Islands. Aqua ended up near the dark beach that connected to Destiny Islands...so what if when it fell separate from her, it just landed in that ocean and got slowly carried over like Kairi's bottle? I kinda assumed that was the case myself at least. It also explains why it took a long time.

But I guess if it is shown not going back with her, I guess it did just chill on the beach? I guess the issue with that is, did it just get buried in sand for a year? Lol. Or did no one ever go to the island where they played anymore? I guess Kairi was over in the residential island the whole time.

This is exactly what I imagined happening. I suppose it's possible that it just stayed in the RoL and vanished into hammerspace until such time as it was needed, but it makes way less sense. There's so much brooding and mooding that occurred on that stretch of beach that someone, anyone, had to have noticed it.

Hey, maybe Tidus, Wakka, or Selphie picked it up for a while?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Just wait for Kingdom Hearts 0.<3/2 Back Distance: Another Side, Another Ingredient where we learn that the Master Defender was discovered and taken by Keyblade master Seagull Whose Egg Sora Stole after the events of KH1/Fragmentary Passage.

More like Pencenort dimension hopping from Worldline 0.3 X[chi] borrowed it as an improvised Tennis Racket for that Worldline's Nortolympics and only brought it back shortly before KH III started because Luxu promised to give him a new actual Racket once the events of KH III have unfolded.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Why would the Master Defender return to the RoL with Destiny Islands when Aqua herself didn't? If it was lying there on the beach with her it would have fallen down to the RoD just like she did because the entire world disappeared underneath both of them. If the Master Defender rode DI into the RoL just by lying on the beach when it gets restored, then she should have as well. That's just an inversion of how Mickey got to the RoD, so it would be consistent with the rules of the universe, but Nomura can't have it both ways.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
More like Pencenort dimension hopping from Worldline 0.3 X[chi] borrowed it as an improvised Tennis Racket for that Worldline's Nortolympics and only brought it back shortly before KH III started because Luxu promised to give him a new actual Racket once the events of KH III have unfolded.
Shhhh, spoilers.

Megavoltage

Awards
Why would the Master Defender return to the RoL with Destiny Islands when Aqua herself didn't? If it was lying there on the beach with her it would have fallen down to the RoD just like she did because the entire world disappeared underneath both of them. If the Master Defender rode DI into the RoL just by lying on the beach when it gets restored, then she should have as well. That's just an inversion of how Mickey got to the RoD, so it would be consistent with the rules of the universe, but Nomura can't have it both ways.
Headcanon time! Something/someone willed it for Aqua to stay in the RoD for as long as she did since everyone else escaped without much trouble. Something/someone also willed it for Master Defender to leave with Destiny Island because she proved to be overly resilient and was destroying too many Heartless. Maybe it was Master of Masters or The Darkness or something else, I don't know what it could really be, but her circumstances are just too weird with how she does her "I will be their wayfinder!" speech and gets filled with new resolve to stay strong and keep fighting the good fight... then right afterwards her keyblade vanishes. I remember in some past Dark Aqua thread people were tossing this idea around and I think it fits pretty well, it has potential if future writers want to play with it.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
To be frank, even if it was on DI since the end of Kh1-the ending third of kh3 (which it wasn't), the explanation people are using for how it got there (Aqua not picking it back up in the end of 0.2) is so contrived and full of far too many holes to come off as anything more than trying to justify bad writing that the writers themselves didn't even care enough about to explain.

You mean tell me that no one saw it lying there once for the entirety of the series? Roxas and Xion (both of whom collected several sea shells from that beach on two separate occasions) just so happened to completely miss it on their missions there? Riku, who was present there with Xion, and Kairi, whom Roxas saw on the island, also didn't see it (despite them knowing that beach since they were children)? What of the reunion at the end of KH2 where Sora, Riku, Mickey (who's actually seen the Keyblade before), Donald, and Goofy were all present there at once? Did they not see it then either? Cause I would imagine, what with how excited he was to be home, Sora would have had a feild day on that island. Or perhaps the post credit scene of KH2 where Sora, Riku, and Kairi are just chilling out there after Recoded? How is it that no one, anywhere saw that big metal key lying in the bright white sand?

And if it just happened to wash up sometime during Kh3, my my how convenient that it took well over a year to finally show itself. Aqua's later means of defense opens a whole nother can of worms, but I won't go into that right now.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I don't think anyone here is taking this as a shining example of good writing in KH. It seems like one of those ideas that seemed cool was included in the rough story and was only later somehow connected to the overall narrative.

With the given information the theories here are the most likely explanation for why Aqua no longer had it and it only showed up a year later, as convenient as it is.
There is a fade away and a year passes between the last time we see her with it and the next time we see her without it, so there might be an untold adventure between there, but time in the RoD is funny.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Its more funny when you think about that Xion probably did reconnaissance in Destiny Islands. Those missions were always thorough, and its really hard to miss a big key lying in the center of the island, contrasted by the bright sand.

Megavoltage

Awards
so there might be an untold adventure between there, but time in the RoD is funny.
I'll find this hilarious if it ends up true. And now I'm annoyed with my 'headcanon' that I just went on about. We had both Secret Episode and 0.2 along with the follow up in KH3 all about Aqua's journey through darkness. But the writers might not been able to finish the story they were supposed to tell? I just... I can't even...

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Its more funny when you think about that Xion probably did reconnaissance in Destiny Islands. Those missions were always thorough, and its really hard to miss a big key lying in the center of the island, contrasted by the bright sand.

I honestly forgot about Xion constantly going there. So yeah I think that cements in my mind that it just washed up a year later. I mean, convenient yeah. I guess it took Kairi's message a few months probably to move between the shores, and they Keyblade is heavier... Honestly it probably didn't float at all and just got dragged on the sea floor if we are applying real logic (which maybe is silly)

Back