• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion over one point with aqua..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ven_Roxas

Awards
When did she lose her Keyblade? I rewatched 0.2s ending. When did she lose it? I don’t understand why she didn’t use it on that one scene with Ansem the Wise. It still confuses me.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
She never picked it up while she was lying on the beach. If you watch the scene, she's not touching the keyblade and it's not there when she falls into darkness. It returned to the realm of light without her.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
She never picked it up while she was lying on the beach. If you watch the scene, she's not touching the keyblade and it's not there when she falls into darkness. It returned to the realm of light without her.

I’m all for the stretches this series makes, but I just assumed it could still be summoned since ya know, that’s always been the case with every Keyblade in the series. Her losing it is a big stretch.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm more surprised she was able to last two extra years without a keyblade. Her fight with Ansem gives me the impression she may have been without magic as well.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I’m all for the stretches this series makes, but I just assumed it could still be summoned since ya know, that’s always been the case with every Keyblade in the series. Her losing it is a big stretch.
Well she never summoned Rainfell/Stormfall after sending Terra back to the Realm of Light with it. I would say it's probably safe to assume that a Keyblade can't be summoned from another realm. I mean it's kind of really dumb that she let it go, but the reason she can't get it back makes sense.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Well she never summoned Rainfell/Stormfall after sending Terra back to the Realm of Light with it. I would say it's probably safe to assume that a Keyblade can't be summoned from another realm. I mean it's kind of really dumb that she let it go, but the reason she can't get it back makes sense.

Yeah they basically already established you can't summon a Keyblade from one realm to the other. It sucks, but the lore was there to support it at least.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
The issue with that plot point is that it’s a large gap imo to assume her Keyblade laying next to her meant it was floating to the realm of light. Does that mean that if she was laying 1 foot to the right when the worlds were restored that she would have gone to the realm of light? I can get on board with every other stretch of the imagination we’re supposed to make, but this one is the one that stops me. It really doesn’t make sense to me.

D

Deleted member 34215

Destiny Islands returned to the realm of light at the end of KH1, and that is when she was lying on the beach. She wasn't part of that world so she remained in the realm of darkness. It's a bit strange that Sora didn't see the keyblade lying there sooner, since he returned to the islands at the end of KH2. Maybe it could be explained with something like "the keyblade appeared when the moment was right". It would have been pointless for Sora to find it sooner.

I don't think that Aqua losing the keyblade is a stretch, because that one is not her keyblade. She picked it up and started using it, but when she eventually lost it it was not hers anymore to summon. Also she didn't summon her own keyblade because she left it with Terranort and her armor, in order to protect him.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
But the Keyblade wasn’t from that world either. So it shouldn’t have gone to Destiny Islands either.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I do think her not being able to summon her keyblades cross realms makes sense. It fits what we've seen so far.

However the keyblade ending up on Destiny Island doesn't really feel right. I'm guessing the justification is that, only things without hearts can cross the realm when they are being recompleted. Still it doesnt feel right.

It's not hard to imagine the keyblade either ending up in the ocean or buried under sand and there for Sora, Riku and Kairi never spotted it until it.

D

Deleted member 34215

I do think her not being able to summon her keyblades cross realms makes sense. It fits what we've seen so far.

However the keyblade ending up on Destiny Island doesn't really feel right. I'm guessing the justification is that, only things without hearts can cross the realm when they are being recompleted. Still it doesnt feel right.

It's not hard to imagine the keyblade either ending up in the ocean or buried under sand and there for Sora, Riku and Kairi never spotted it until it.

I guess that when worlds get restored to the realm of light, every heart that doesn't belong in that world doesn't cross realms. At that time Aqua was in the realm of darkness so she remained there, exactly like Riku and Mickey at the end of KH1. Sora chose not to return to the islands, while Kairi got sent back.
The same rules probably don't apply with objects, even if they are keyblades. Eraqus' keyblade got lost in Destiny Islands and it could have very well remained under the sand or the sea and it appeared when the time was right.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Re: Swoosh: Wasn’t it established that time passes much slower in the Realm of Darkness? Two years in the Realm of Light could’ve been just two hours to her.

Was it slower or just strangely. Like Aqua didn't seem to have a concept of time. She said it felt like she was wandering forever, but it didn't seem she aged. She seemed to be unaware of how much time had past. Obviously she could have been speaking in hyperbole when she stated it felt like forever.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
If 0.2 showed it floating away, I’d be on board. But after showing it on the beach, the screen didn’t pan over that far again. So I assumed she “put it away” or de-summoned it. However you wanna put it

KHRULER

Awards
The issue with that plot point is that it’s a large gap imo to assume her Keyblade laying next to her meant it was floating to the realm of light. Does that mean that if she was laying 1 foot to the right when the worlds were restored that she would have gone to the realm of light? I can get on board with every other stretch of the imagination we’re supposed to make, but this one is the one that stops me. It really doesn’t make sense to me.

Well when worlds are lost to darkness, the people don't seem to be taken with them (as seen with Sora on Destiny Islands and Traverse Town). Conversely, when the worlds are restored to light, it would make sense that the people don't get carried with them either(as seen in 0.2). So it would seem that a world's fate is independent from the people's. Sorry Aqua, you won't be getting out that easily :/

We can infer the same rules just don't apply to keyblades.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Whether or not it was shown, Aqua most certainly did not pick up Master Defender lying next to her on the beach. I actually think maybe she was too weak/tired to move or care. I'm sure she didn't leave it on purpose.

But it's pretty clear you can't summon a keyblade across dimensions. She couldn't summon her actual keyblade after leaving it with Terranort and it's assumed she couldn't summon Master Defender either.

Man, that must have been a heartbreaking devastating realization that she lost Master Defender and couldn't fight off heartless effectively anymore. I would've loved to see that tragic moment.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If 0.2 showed it floating away, I’d be on board. But after showing it on the beach, the screen didn’t pan over that far again. So I assumed she “put it away” or de-summoned it. However you wanna put it
I rewatched it to be sure, and the scenes go from her lying with it beside her to her staring at the stars (MK is not in view) to her falling into darkness (MK is not in view). It didn't float away; it stayed on the beach. She floated away, and was probably too exhausted to think about it. It's not as though the happenings of the RoD were well known to her.

The only thing that's really ridiculous about it is how no one noticed it from that point to KH3, because Kairi still lived on DI and Sora/Riku returned briefly in KH2.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I know it wasn’t shown. That’s my point. Showing the Keyblade being separated from her would have made it more acceptable. With the gap in time, I feel as though she should have lost it in the fight on the beach so it could be shown being separated from her and there wouldn’t have been a chance for Sora Riku or Kairi to have not noticed it

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I know it wasn’t shown. That’s my point. Showing the Keyblade being separated from her would have made it more acceptable. With the gap in time, I feel as though she should have lost it in the fight on the beach so it could be shown being separated from her and there wouldn’t have been a chance for Sora Riku or Kairi to have not noticed it
Yes but you said if it had been shown floating away, which it didn't do. It literally just stays there.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Soooo, I kinda had a different idea on why the Keyblade ended up at Destiny Islands. Aqua ended up near the dark beach that connected to Destiny Islands...so what if when it fell separate from her, it just landed in that ocean and got slowly carried over like Kairi's bottle? I kinda assumed that was the case myself at least. It also explains why it took a long time.

But I guess if it is shown not going back with her, I guess it did just chill on the beach? I guess the issue with that is, did it just get buried in sand for a year? Lol. Or did no one ever go to the island where they played anymore? I guess Kairi was over in the residential island the whole time.

Back