• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion in regards to Rinzler

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I had a question in regards to the Grid world

So from what we understand the Grid was the original version of the Space Paranoids from KH2. Ansem took data from that world and made a copy. This would mean that the Trons we saw from KH2 and DDD were seperate entities.

But near the end of Sora's story, when Sora reaches for Tron, Tron reacts and reaches back. This would imply that Grid's Tron has the same memories as SP's Tron. But how could this be possible?

This is something that has confused me for a whole

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I just chalk it up to friendship shenanigans. If anyone could do something like that, it would be Sora... connection to everything and all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's not the same Tron but because of Sora's bond with his Tron, he was able to connect to Rinzler since the essence of Tron doesn't change regardless of it not being the same Tron. Sora knew that no matter what Tron it was, he'd still be the same person who wanted to protect the Users.

It's kind of weird but KH3D is a really big ball of confusion to begin with.

Only Nomura really knows what he was going for with that whole KH2!SP!Sora illusion before he freed Rinzler from his fucked up programming. It was a cool scene, though. Maybe it is better to approach it that way.

When Rinzler pushes Sora out of danger and then reaches out to Sora as he falls, it is more of a "I must protect this User who saved me and believes in me and reminds me of somebody" moment.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
tl;dr tron world for III

don't destroy us square.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think they started they gave up on tron, everyone did, square and Disney
Nah. I can't say much for Disney, but Square's pretty much of nerds, by nerds, for nerds. Tron's an SE favorite.

If anything, I could almost see KH3 creating its own plot in the computer world to make up for the lack of a Tron 3 story.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't think the movie made a much better hint that Tron was alive. The guy fell into some sort of sea and... I'm having trouble remembering, but didn't his lights flicker out?

And why do you think the ending was bad? Elaborate please.

Anagram

Banned
In essence the Grid, in KH's lore, is the original system. Ansem copied it. Therefore Rinzler is the original Tron while KH2 Tron is Ansems copy.
Not the same person but like Ethy said Trons core always remains the same. He wants to protect the users, help them.

Then again the Trons may be linked in a way and Sora tapped into it.

Vulpeus1041

I don't think the movie made a much better hint that Tron was alive. The guy fell into some sort of sea and... I'm having trouble remembering, but didn't his lights flicker out?

And why do you think the ending was bad? Elaborate please.

Didn't they turn back to blue? I'm going to have to watch it tonight now, not a bad thing really lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Rinzler fell into the Sea of Simulation, which normally has a corrosive effect on Programs because it is unorganized code. Nothing comes out once it goes in, essentially. The only time it didn't do anything "corrosive" was when it spit out the ISOs, but they were technically random data in the system with no specific "purpose".

Tron's lines turned blue as he sank so he would have come back, perhaps less Program than he was before.

I'm going to stop talking TRON lore now because it just depresses me…

(The FB is super active and there is a new game so there may be hope yet.)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Rinzler pushes Sora out of danger and then reaches out to Sora as he falls
I don't know why, but I find that one of the saddest scenes in KH. Like that scene impacted me more than Xion's death. Every time I see it I get sad lol. And I'm not even someone who felt that strongly about Tron in KH2 either.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't know why, but I find that one of the saddest scenes in KH. Like that scene impacted me more than Xion's death. Every time I see it I get sad lol. And I'm not even someone who felt that strongly about Tron in KH2 either.

because... he fought for the users ;v;

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I do too. It is something about the mix of hope and desperation in the entire moment. Sora just wants to save Tron no matter what and Tron is finally free from Clu's control. But despite everything they fail to reach one another.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Since the Grid has been restored from the Realm of Sleep maybe there is a slim chance that Sora could still save Rinzler?

I have a feeling that either Space Paranoids or the Grid will be worlds due to Ansem

AurisFlown

Awards
If Space Paranoid and The Grid are the same world, then wouldn't it be possible for the Memories to pass on to each other?

As we know in KH2, The Resident's of Twilight Town Never Met Roxas but their Data-Counter parts did meet him.

Somehow, the memories of the data-counter parts was able to be remembered by those in the real world.

As in Hayner, Pence and Olette, Unconsciously remember or felt Roxas from Sora.

So it isn't a far-fetched Idea to think that Space Paranoid is the Data-Counter part of The Grid.

Memories from Space Paranoid passed on to those who had Data-Counter parts.

(I think im repeating too many words)

Which would Explain why Tron in The Grid was able to remember about Sora from Space Paranoids.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since the Grid has been restored from the Realm of Sleep maybe there is a slim chance that Sora could still save Rinzler?

I have a feeling that either Space Paranoids or the Grid will be worlds due to Ansem

Yeah, hopefully we get one or the other. I'm more partial to Space Paranoids but I want the aesthetic of the Grid ;~;

If Space Paranoid and The Grid are the same world, then wouldn't it be possible for the Memories to pass on to each other?

But it isn't. Space Paranoids is a copy of the original ENCOM system. The Grid is the ENCOM system which Kevin Flynn took offline, installed onto his private computers, and upgraded.

While having the same origins, they are two completely different computer systems with very different histories.

As we know in KH2, The Resident's of Twilight Town Never Met Roxas but their Data-Counter parts did meet him.

Somehow, the memories of the data-counter parts was able to be remembered by those in the real world.

As in Hayner, Pence and Olette, Unconsciously remember or felt Roxas from Sora.

I think the difference here is that the Twilight Town copy didn't deviate much from the original Twilight Town compared to the Grid and Space Paranoids. It is definitely possible there is a connection, but they aren't the same world and I wouldn't say Rinzler or our Tron are the same characters.

Similar to how Data!Sora and Sora are not the same characters. They are two different beings with their own hearts.

So it isn't a far-fetched Idea to think that Space Paranoid is the Data-Counter part of The Grid.

Memories from Space Paranoid passed on to those who had Data-Counter parts.

(I think im repeating too many words)

Which would Explain why Tron in The Grid was able to remember about Sora from Space Paranoids.

Yeah, but again they aren't the same world. Similar in their origins but with great deviations that make them two different worlds.

Ventus_

Awards
I had a question in regards to the Grid world

So from what we understand the Grid was the original version of the Space Paranoids from KH2. Ansem took data from that world and made a copy. This would mean that the Trons we saw from KH2 and DDD were seperate entities.

But near the end of Sora's story, when Sora reaches for Tron, Tron reacts and reaches back. This would imply that Grid's Tron has the same memories as SP's Tron. But how could this be possible?

This is something that has confused me for a whole

There is no implication that Tron recognized Sora as opposed to was neutrally reached.

As Xenmas explained (though I figured it out beforehand from the different storyline and designs), Space Paranoids and it's Tron were replicated from The Grid and it's Tron's data, ergo making them two separate entities in two separate worlds.
Suggestively Sora wasn't paying attention to this explanation though based on his later comparison with Musketeer Mickey in Country of the Musketeers but I digress.

For Sora's purpose, it made no difference. The same appeal could still be applied because both entities are a single generic persona with the same objective to protect the users and in particular because The Grid Tron is the original, ergo the source of the data.

It might also need to be taken into consideration that Sora kinda has a magical friendship power if you will. He's been able to, in some form or another, reach pretty much every Disney protagonist he's ever met even in his first visit to their worlds.

Though I get that they wanted the Sora/Tron retrospect interactions, I feel it would have been a better fit for Riku to have gotten the Rinzler half of the story since he can closely relate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back