• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion about Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auxia

I'm having trouble understanding this all at the moment but to the best of my knowledge, Roxas isn't a Nobody.

Ven's heart became a part of Sora's at the end of BBS. When Sora lost his heart in the original KH, he regained both his heart and his body rather quickly afterward with help from Kairi.

That being said, a Nobody is the heartless shell left behind when one loses their heart to darkness. However, Sora left no body behind when he became a Heartless because he reclaimed it. Would that not go so far as to say that Roxas was not a Nobody born of the separation of Sora's heart and body, but the split between Sora's and Ventus's hearts?

Ven's heart, once connected to Sora's, might have been lost when Sora briefly lost his own heart, the tie severed by darkness. Ventus's heart may very well have then gone off and created a body for itself out of the memories of its previous life (that life being Ventus, explaining their resemblance). When the memories were used up, they were lost and a being shrouded in oblivion came into existence. This would explain why Roxas had no memories of his previous life while other Nobodies could remember perfectly what had transpired before they lost their hearts.

Just thinking out loud, feel free to correct me where I'm wrong because at this point I'm pretty lost.

P.S. Something more to think on: Nomura once stated in an interview that there are as many Keyblades as there are strong hearts to wield them (citation needed). If that's the case, and Roxas was never a Nobody in the first place, would that mean only beings with hearts could wield the Keyblade? [Ansem SOD, a Heartless, wielded the Keyblade to people's hearts - but only after possessing Riku's heart.]

Allister Rose

French Lover
the way i see it, Roxas is still a nobody but due to ventus's heart inside him he only gained emotions and his appearance. It's not like he was ventus himself, just like how kairi's heart didn't overtake sora's body and soul just because it was inside him.

State

Awards
Ventus' heart inside of Sora's body affected it. Just look at Ansem SoD. Xehanort is a skinny looking man and his Nobody has a well built body.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Roxas is a Nobody.

The way a Nobody comes into existence, is when a person loses their heart to darkness.
The heart becomes the Heartless, and the body and soul act on it's own and become a Nobody.
From KH1 to the end of KH2 when Roxas reunited with Sora, Sora was basically just a heart. Think of Vanitas, he was the dark half of Ven's heart, and when separated, that dark heart projected a form, thus Vanitas.
You can think of a similar thing when Kairi hugged Sora, the darkness surrounding his heart disappeared and it projected a form around it..

Roxas is Sora's Nobody, but Roxas also had Ven's heart inside him.

And when did Nomura say this

Nomura once stated in an interview that there are as many Keyblades as there are strong hearts to wield them

If you could find the interview where he said it, that'd be nice.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well even if nomura did say that, there is no contradiction, before days came out, nomura confirmed that roxas and sora were wielding the same keyblade at the time. It wasn't roxas's own unique keyblade, it was sora's

State

Awards
And when did Nomura say this

If you could find the interview where he said it, that'd be nice.
Problem is, some people here are used to basing their arguments on interviews from him but not showing them. Why? Because the majority of us read the interviews. In a way, you're out of date. But still, go to this site's homepage and use its search function so you can see ALL of his interviews. :)

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Problem is, some people here are used to basing their arguments on interviews from him but not showing them. Why? Because the majority of us read the interviews. In a way, you're out of date. But still, go to this site's homepage and use its search function so you can see ALL of his interviews. :)

haha...yaaa.
And thanks, I will go see then.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Roxas is a nobody with a part of Ven's heart in side him I believe or he may have just been effected by Ven's portion of Sora's heart, whatever the case. Roxas came into existence the way a nobody would, just because he holds something that nobodies shouldn't hold doesn't mean that he no longer classifies as a nobody. He is as DiZ, Xigbar, Xemnas, and others state as a special nobody. He's different but a nobody all the same.

To answer the keyblade thing. I think it is a strong and I believe a must to have a heart or at least part of one to wield a keyblade and this heart or part of a heart must be qualified to wield a keyblade (meaning that not any old heart can wield a keyblade it has to be a qualified heart, but I believe Nomura said Sora was an exception in an interview) So if you are a normal standard nobody the keyblade is not available to you but if you have some kind of heart that can wield the keyblade then you can wield the keyblade. It is proven with Sora and Roxas. Because they hold a part of Ven's heart in them they have access to Ven's keyblade. But then that raises a lot of question about one factor that still pokes a whole in all this in my opinion, LS. Maybe he has a part of Terra's heart in him allowing him to hold onto Terra's keyblade, he does feel emotions (hatred, rage, etc.) but meh. Same could go for replicas too. Repliku never touched a keyblade so I can't say and maybe Xion had a piece of Sora's heart through his memories but it still iffy. There's so many things not clear.

Dcasd1

it roxas has a part of ventus's heart inside him then he can't be a nobody since nobodies "don't have hearts"

Relix

A traveler
Awards
it roxas has a part of ventus's heart inside him then he can't be a nobody since nobodies "don't have hearts"

Roxas is the nobody of Sora. Sora is Roxas's original person. Roxas is not his own person, he has original selves that being Sora and Ven. He is Sora's body and soul after releasing Sora's heart from Sora's body. That my friend is what Roxas is, and what that is, is a nobody. Whether he has a part of a heart in him doesn't change the fact that he was created because Sora released his heart from his body creating what we call Roxas. If the Organization did not find Roxas, his name would be Sora since he is technically Sora's shell, which is called a nobody.

Auxia

Roxas is the nobody of Sora. Sora is Roxas's original person. Roxas is not his own person, he has original selves that being Sora and Ven. He is Sora's body and soul after releasing Sora's heart from Sora's body. That my friend is what Roxas is, and what that is, is a nobody. Whether he has a part of a heart in him doesn't change the fact that he was created because Sora released his heart from his body creating what we call Roxas. If the Organization did not find Roxas, his name would be Sora since he is technically Sora's shell, which is called a nobody.

No, Sora is. Sora got his body back. There was no shell left behind.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Nope. Wrong again. What RelixBBS said was right. Roxas IS Sora's body and soul after releasing Sora's heart from Sora's body. Up until KH2 when Roxas fuses with Sora, Sora didn't have a body and he was just a floating heart giving his physical form (like Vanitas)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nope. Wrong again. What RelixBBS said was right. Roxas IS Sora's body and soul after releasing Sora's heart from Sora's body. Up until KH2 when Roxas fuses with Sora, Sora didn't have a body and he was just a floating heart giving his physical form (like Vanitas)

Yeah, I think in the character reports it said something about Kairi's memories giving him a shape? And I remember Grass saying perhaps Kairi gave him a body made of light, kind of like a light-heartless (which are hearts surrounded by darkness).

Roxas is a Nobody, cause of how he was born. And Ven didn't have a whole heart anyway, remember? His was fragmented.

Caxm

A nobody is what is left behind when a persons heart falls to darkness and leaves their body. The body, if person has strong will, act on its own.

In sora's case, when he left his body and soul behind, he also left Ven's heart inside. So Roxas is still a nobody but he still has a heart.

Xion had her own heart (as hinted in secret reports in Days) she was able to weild a keyblade by taking memories from Sora. Roxas uses vens heart to weild a Keyblade.

KeybladeCounsel

Could it be possible.... That Ven's heart may have split into two when Sora became a heartless? Through Sora came both Roxas and Namine right? They both are special nobodies with emotions and feelings, so what if Roxas only had half of Ven's heart and Namine had the other half? It's like very unlikely but, if that were the case, that would mean Kairi now has a part of Ven's heart inside her. But you must ask if Roxas came to being at the SAME time as Namine, you'd think they were born the same way right? But maybe with the split came the split of power. Meaning Roxas has the power over the physicals of Sora and Namine has the power over the mentals of Sora. This really goes along with the whole, Sora now has a dependence on Ven's heart. But I must say, if this were possible, then that would mean Sora still isn't whole wouldn't it? But that couldn't possibly be right. But think about it, at the end when Roxas and Namine were getting ready to join back with Sora and Kairi, why is it, that Roxas AND Namine were in the same mental presence? For Roxas to have this presence has to be due to his heart so Namine must be the same case, meaning she must have had a heart as well. But there's only one place she could have technically got one and that's the same place Roxas got his. I could be wrong but hey...

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Roxas is a Nobody made from the body and soul of Sora.
Sora, during the time Roxas was around, was just a Heart.
A Heartless not corrupted by darkness, due to Kairi purifying him.
Ven either stayed connected to Sora's heart, or went into Roxas.
If he went into Roxas, Roxas is still a Nobody, just a Special Nobody.
Roxas being Sora's Nobody gave him emotions anyways.
In the end, Ven is back inside Sora.

As for your Keyblade questions, Sora and Roxas have been confirmed to both wielding the same Keyblades (Even at the same time). When they dual wielded they were using Ven's Keyblade.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Sorry dude I know what I'm talking about. Anyway what everyone said. Sora is a walking heart which gives him another similarity to Xehanort because Xehanrot's Heartless was technically a floating heart as well. (In his brown cloaked persona I believe)

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Could it be possible.... That Ven's heart may have split into two when Sora became a heartless? Through Sora came both Roxas and Namine right? They both are special nobodies with emotions and feelings, so what if Roxas only had half of Ven's heart and Namine had the other half? It's like very unlikely but, if that were the case, that would mean Kairi now has a part of Ven's heart inside her. But you must ask if Roxas came to being at the SAME time as Namine, you'd think they were born the same way right? But maybe with the split came the split of power. Meaning Roxas has the power over the physicals of Sora and Namine has the power over the mentals of Sora. This really goes along with the whole, Sora now has a dependence on Ven's heart. But I must say, if this were possible, then that would mean Sora still isn't whole wouldn't it? But that couldn't possibly be right. But think about it, at the end when Roxas and Namine were getting ready to join back with Sora and Kairi, why is it, that Roxas AND Namine were in the same mental presence? For Roxas to have this presence has to be due to his heart so Namine must be the same case, meaning she must have had a heart as well. But there's only one place she could have technically got one and that's the same place Roxas got his. I could be wrong but hey...

Namine is a special Nobody, because of how she was created...Kairi's body and soul wasn't taken by darkness, and yet she still has a Nobody. This is because (correct me if I'm wrong) she is made from some part of Sora (I still don't fully understand it, so anyone else can expand on this). Obviously, Ven's heart had affected Namine, as can be seen by her Blonde Hair.
And no, Kairi does not have any part of Ven's heart. Only Sora does.
And then Namine is also the Nobody of a PoH.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign
Naminé was born when Sora stabbed himself with Ansem's artificial Keyblade in order to restore Kairi near the end of Kingdom Hearts. This made Naminé a very odd Nobody, born from Kairi's heart and Sora's body and soul. Kairi's own body never became a Nobody because her heart lacked darkness (since she was one of the Princesses of Heart), so her body and soul were never able to leave the Realm of Light and thus made it seem like Kairi was in a comatose state until she regained her heart. However, this means that Naminé was also born without Kairi's memories, only furthering her status as an unusual entity, and she and Kairi are incomplete without each other. And because of the fact that Naminé is formed from Sora's body, she has the power to manipulate his memories as well as the memories of those who are connected to him, prompting several others, even herself, to call her a "witch". She came into being at Castle Oblivion, found by Organization XIII.

Naminé - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - A world of information not accessible by Gummiship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back