• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confused about the ending?

• Thread starter Deleted member 87467
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
My question is: It was said above that the vessels would reassemble for a limited time in the future. But if they are just going to vanish again and its not permanent then what's the point of doing it?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My question is: It was said above that the vessels would reassemble for a limited time in the future. But if they are just going to vanish again and its not permanent then what's the point of doing it?

The point is to use them for one clash with seven protectors of light in order to forge the complete, perfect X-blade.
Think Ventus vs Vanitas in BBS only on a grander scale with twenty people instead of two.
The X-blade forged in BBS was only a fraction of the true one, a 2/20 part.

If the blade is successfully forged Xehanort can just dismiss everyone of his twelve "other vessels" and take back the shards of his own heart since he then has what he wants.
The thirteen are in essence only needed for this one task, after that Xehanort has no more use for them.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Wait so Master Xehanort wasn't picked up by Young Xehanort and is actually in the present. How can that be if he was destroyed and merged with Terra in BBS?

Also:
If you can only travel through your timeline how could Young Xehanort travel to the current events of DDD if the final form of Xehanort was killed in KH2(Xemnas)

Also one last thing I know Apprentice Xehanort/Ansem gave up his body to become a heartless and the nobody got the discarded body so he could time travel, but didn't all thirteen of the original organization do the same and they got their bodies back so would that mean that Apprentice Xehanort is back as well, but a present form not one brought by Young Xehanort?

Just so flipping complicated.

because xemnas was xehanort and the destruction of a Nobody and Heartless result in the original's resurrection. It's that simple.

As for the original Organization XIII, they only became regular heartless, so they wouldnt have that power. Sora and Ansem kept their original senses of self because they willingly took their own hearts. IN the opening of DDD, it's shown the other Org members didnt.

Sinxeckt

There's another thread about that one, but since he didn't give up his body, I doubt it. I'm not quite sure how Master Yen Sid sent them back to DI before it fell, but it doesn't make sense that they literally traveled through time when they didn't fulfill the requirements.

Terranort gave up his heart to become Ansem SoD and Xemnas, and so could travel through time, right? Is it possible to say Sora did give up his body to release Kairi's heart in KH1 and, while not able to actually time travel himself, it's how he was sent back in time to the Destiny Islands in the first place? Riku's scenario is a little more complex, but maybe it could be argued that he gave up his body to Ansem, yet still gets the ability?

HeartofTwilight

Yup, if I remember correctly, it was stated that he now has the power to go to the Realm of Sleep willingly. They showed that scene just to give a proper goodbye to the Dream Eaters, seeing how we all invested in their development as well. Simply put, it's a scene to say goodbye to the Dream Eaters.

Where is this stated? It makes the scene make sense, but I don't remember it ever being said. Is it from an interview?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Terranort gave up his heart to become Ansem SoD and Xemnas, and so could travel through time, right? Is it possible to say Sora did give up his body to release Kairi's heart in KH1 and, while not able to actually time travel himself, it's how he was sent back in time to the Destiny Islands in the first place? Riku's scenario is a little more complex, but maybe it could be argued that he gave up his body to Ansem, yet still gets the ability?
No, once your heart regains a body, you supposedly lose the ability to time travel. Regaining a body means you enter the flow of time again, which I assume means you can't travel around it.

Where is this stated? It makes the scene make sense, but I don't remember it ever being said. Is it from an interview?
DDD Ultimania, I think.

Dannydecay

There's one thing I don't understand..

When the robed Ansem appears on DI in DDD and in DI in KH1, is this the exact same moment in time or are these two completely disparate points in the KH timeline?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
There's another thread about that one, but since he didn't give up his body, I doubt it. I'm not quite sure how Master Yen Sid sent them back to DI before it fell, but it doesn't make sense that they literally traveled through time when they didn't fulfill the requirements.
it's possible they did without their bodies through his magic, and regained them immediately in Traverse Town.

There's one thing I don't understand..

When the robed Ansem appears on DI in DDD and in DI in KH1, is this the exact same moment in time or are these two completely disparate points in the KH timeline?

referring to the Island caving, it would probably be the same time-just a few hours later.

billyzanesucks

It's likely that they kept their forms due to having lost their bodies once before. Every form of Xehanort had the power to transcend time after "Ansem" gave up his body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back