• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confused about the ending?

• Thread starter Deleted member 87467
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youniquee

Awards
"Q: Give it to me in practical terms first. Concretely, officially, pragmatically, what is time travel used for?

A: Gathering Xehanorts all throughout time to completely the necessary thirteen people of darkness. That's the gist of it. If the details make your head spin too much for you to bear, that's all you need to know. Young Xehanort was gifted the power of time travel. He's gathering up Xehanorts from the past, like Ansem and Xemnas, and bringing them to the future to be members of the new thirteen.

Q: Okay. Gotcha. But let's go deeper now. Doesn't that screw up time? Doesn't give Ansem, Xemnas, and Young Xehanort knowledge of the future? Wouldn't it change history?

A: Absolutely not. There's an impassable limit on just how long you can stay outside your natural time. And when you hit that limit, you're sucked right back to where you're supposed to be, and if you have any memories of the future, they're wiped away, because for you, now, that future hasn't happened yet, and naturally, you can't remember something that hasn't happened. So, you're never "gone" from history -- you reappear exactly when and where you left. And you have no foreknowledge of what's to come anymore.

Q: But doesn't that defy a rule of the series? I thought memories were never truly gone.

A: Oh, they still aren't. Young Xehanort actually comes right out and says that even though his memories of the future will be wiped away and buried, the mark they left on his heart will always be there, and those memories lying just out of reach, that inexplicable longing, that mark on his heart, is what will lead him to long for the outside world to begin with. It's what will lead him to leave the islands and begin the events of the series."

This is from Story FAQ: Confused? Come right in. We'll straighten you out. *spoilers galore* - Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs.

I know it's not complete undeniable fact, but it makes sense to me and I'm going with it.

I see, it was from an interview (thus why I hadn't heard it) Thanks for that ^.^

Key Wielder

Awards
so... Sora can time travel to?

There's another thread about that one, but since he didn't give up his body, I doubt it. I'm not quite sure how Master Yen Sid sent them back to DI before it fell, but it doesn't make sense that they literally traveled through time when they didn't fulfill the requirements.

D

Deleted member 87467

"Master Xehanort tries to turn Sora into his last needed vessel, but Sora is rescued by Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Lea—the revived human form of the original Organization's Axel—after which Xehanort and his other vessels return to their individual pasts."

This is a quote from Wikipedia. This has me a little confused. "Xehanort and his other vessels return to their individual pasts."

Could someone elaborate on this for me? Thanks

iLeen

Awards
"Master Xehanort tries to turn Sora into his last needed vessel, but Sora is rescued by Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Lea—the revived human form of the original Organization's Axel—after which Xehanort and his other vessels return to their individual pasts."

This is a quote from Wikipedia. This has me a little confused. "Xehanort and his other vessels return to their individual pasts."

The Xehanort vessels who Young Xehanort picked up from the past and brought to the present must return to when YX first picked them up. So Ansem SoD will have to return to the time of KH and be destroyed by Sora/KH, Xemnas will have to go back in time to KHII where he'll be destroyed by Sora/Riku, etc. Sorry if this doesn't clarify thingsXD

Those who aren't from the past just stay in the present though (perhaps Saix, Xigbar, and MX)...but they disappeared when all Organization members disappeared, so they probably just ended up somewhere else, but still in present time.

LMNOP

Since they were in the dream worlds they would be leaving there to return to the real worlds I think, but im not positive, this time travel thing is highly confusing.

Youniquee

Awards

His vessels are people who are meant to be harbouring pieces of his heart or different versions of him. For example, these vessels are: Saix, Xigbar, YMX, Xemnas, Ansem SOD and few other speculated ones (go the the thread 'Who are the 6 other darknesses?' to see what I'm talking about) YMX gathered all of them through time and brought them to that place. They can only stay in the present for a limited amount of time, so when that time was up, they had to all go back the times they come from. (Anyone feel free to correct me if I've got something wrong here)

Hopefully, that helped...

EDIT: Ninja'ed big time! xD Welp, it's good to try put my limited knowledge to some use anyway.

LMNOP

His vessels are people who are meant to be harbouring pieces of his heart or different versions of him. For example, these vessels are: Saix, Xigbar, YMX, Xemnas, Ansem SOD and few other speculated ones (go the the thread 'Who are the 6 other darknesses?' to see what I'm talking about) YMX gathered all of them through time and brought them to that place. They can only stay in the present for a limited amount of time, so when that time was up, they had to all go back the times they come from. (Anyone feel free to correct me if I've got something wrong here)

Hopefully, that helped...

EDIT: Ninja'ed big time! xD Welp, it's good to try put my limited knowledge to some use anyway.

I think your closer then I and its probably a mixture of the two. We wont honestly know until KH3 how it all works though we get several hints at it in DDD.

D

Deleted member 87467

So this means those vessels cannot be used now?

EDIT: Could you also link me to the 6 other darknesses thread? I can't seem to find it

LMNOP

So this means those vessels cannot be used now?

No they can but they will have to be assembeled again.

You see MX predicted they would finish assembling the 13 seekers finishing with Sora, which explains why they were all gathered at that specific time, BUT he did not expect Lea to appear and save Sora making the current effort all for not so they wil just have to reassemble whenever they are ready but he still has intentions on making the rest of them his vessels if they already arent (ex. Braig, Isa, Xemnas, and Ansem) he just needs one more vessel.

D

Deleted member 87467

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how will they reassemble?

Youniquee

Awards
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how will they reassemble?

Don't worry, it's not. How they assembled the first time. They'll time travel to the appointed place that MX wants them at. Again, it'll be for a limited time though.

daken

So they have to give up their body FOR time travel? or do they have to give up their body? I also meant in Kingdom Hearts where Sora loses his body and becomes a heartless.

D

Deleted member 87467

Another question, after the ending credits there is a scene where Sora is in Traverse Town with his KH2 attire. It shows him with all of the dream eaters. How did this happen? Did he return to the RoS?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
So they have to give up their body FOR time travel? or do they have to give up their body? I also meant in Kingdom Hearts where Sora loses his body and becomes a heartless.

Ansem SOD already gave up his body, which allowed him to time travel. He later gave that power to YX. YX travelled through time and acted as a Portal for the other 'Norts. They didn't have to give up their body because Ansem SOD already did that for them... I hope I got that part right.

Another question, after the ending credits there is a scene where Sora is in Traverse Town with his KH2 attire. It shows him with all of the dream eaters. How did this happen? Did he return to the RoS?

Yup, if I remember correctly, it was stated that he now has the power to go to the Realm of Sleep willingly. They showed that scene just to give a proper goodbye to the Dream Eaters, seeing how we all invested in their development as well. Simply put, it's a scene to say goodbye to the Dream Eaters.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

From what I understand, since Ansem lost his body the ability was passed on to the other incarnations of Xehanort because they're technically all one person.

notnow123487

Awards
Those who aren't from the past just stay in the present though (perhaps Saix, Xigbar, and MX)...but they disappeared when all Organization members disappeared, so they probably just ended up somewhere else, but still in present time.

Wait so Master Xehanort wasn't picked up by Young Xehanort and is actually in the present. How can that be if he was destroyed and merged with Terra in BBS?

Also:
Q: Once you have the power, where can you go?

A: Anywhere in your own timeline. Your past. Your future. But never anywhere else. There's no jumping forward twenty-three billion, trillion years to see what the world is like, and there's no jumping back that much, either. There has to be a living, present version of yourself wherever you go.
If you can only travel through your timeline how could Young Xehanort travel to the current events of DDD if the final form of Xehanort was killed in KH2(Xemnas)

Also one last thing I know Apprentice Xehanort/Ansem gave up his body to become a heartless and the nobody got the discarded body so he could time travel, but didn't all thirteen of the original organization do the same and they got their bodies back so would that mean that Apprentice Xehanort is back as well, but a present form not one brought by Young Xehanort?

Just so flipping complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back