• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*CONFIRMED* Pinocchio World + Jump Scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blank points

Awards
AesSgwXCEAAJMrW.jpg

Woah, is it me, or does the Hari Lion (whatever it's called) look INCREDIBLY realistic looking in this scene? Just the way it looks compared to Sora. Could just be the way the scan looks though.

Key to Truth

Awards
Scan:
pic1-1.png

The great whale gets on the 3D stage with the circus and the whale's stomach. Sora and company go to the world where this heart-warming fairy tale takes place.

->When Pinocchio lies, his nose gets longer, like in the original movie. (See top-left picture)
Pinocchio: Please, save me. I'm sorry that I lied.

pic2.png

->The intelligent Jiminy Cricket also makes an appearance with the cool-looking Riku

pic3.png

The impressive cathedral of Notre Dame makes an appearance in the KH series for the first time!

Frollo and the captain of the guards seem to be worried due to the sudden appearing of monsters.
Will Sora help take on these monsters?

Pheobus: Judge Frollo, we've got problems!

I guess that's all the "important" stuff.

UltimaJackpot

Looks like the Drop Gauge got a bit smaller. (Probably so that the HUD doesn't take too much of the screen.) Watching the Nintendo Direct trailer on the 3DS made me realize that the HUD might be a bit cramped.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Corey Burton does a pretty good job with most of his voice work. I can't lie though, the Ansem bit in BBS bugged the ever-loving hell out of me.
Wait, what bit? His lines as Ansem the Wise in the RoD?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
^ I dunno why anyone would complain about his performance in BBS. I personally preferred it over his performance in RE:CoM. Sure, he's not Christopher Lee, but I thought he did a good job with that speech. <3

That said, I'm curious as to how Jiminy will fit into the plot. It's not like he can be with Riku and Sora in two different places at the same time... can he? o.o

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^ I dunno why anyone would complain about his performance in BBS. I personally preferred it over his performance in RE:CoM. Sure, he's not Christopher Lee, but I thought he did a good job with that speech. <3

That said, I'm curious as to how Jiminy will fit into the plot. It's not like he can be with Riku and Sora in two different places at the same time... can he? o.o

.______.

Jiminyception.

snow_flake40

Awards
VJump%20Hari%20Lion

Wait a second... The Dream Eater's still have their own pink gauges which seem to power their super special awesome moves. So what will Sora's Drop gauge control? When you 're forced to change back to Riku, maybe? And 1.7. That's a rather awkward number... What does it MEAN... And it seems to drain from left to right, unlike pretty much every other gauge in KH to date. Curiouser and curiouser...

[/random thoughts]

Also, in regards to the Jiminyception, maybe one is actually Jiminy while the other is a memory that the world is dreaming of? ...Shit just got real, folks.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I quote myself from when the City of Bells was first announced. Kingdom Hearts: Inception, people! You know you want to see it!

I believe people have been saying that since we first found out the full name of Dream Drop Distance ^^

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I believe people have been saying that since we first found out the full name of Dream Drop Distance ^^

Alrighty then. Doesn't make me want to see Leo and Sora team up against Xehanort any less. Back on topic, sorry.

UltimaJackpot

VJump%20Hari%20Lion

Wait a second... The Dream Eater's still have their own pink gauges which seem to power their super special awesome moves. So what will Sora's Drop gauge control? When you 're forced to change back to Riku, maybe? And 1.7. That's a rather awkward number... What does it MEAN... And it seems to drain from left to right, unlike pretty much every other gauge in KH to date. Curiouser and curiouser...

[/random thoughts]

The last thing I remember Nomura saying about the gauge was to think of it as if there was a countdown of sorts going on during gameplay. Maybe it's a timer that switches control to another character when it depletes? (Assuming that Sora/Riku switching mechanic that was mentioned by him way back is still in.)

snow_flake40

Awards
The last thing I remember Nomura saying about the gauge was to think of it as if there was a countdown of sorts going on during gameplay. Maybe it's a timer that switches control to another character when it depletes? (Assuming that Sora/Riku switching mechanic that was mentioned by him way back is still in.)

Yeah, I was thinking it must be that as well. Ah well. We'll probably find out at Jump Festa anyway.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Another suggestion of mine broght back. "Oh look, a treasure chest!" *gets close* *switches to Riku* "Ah fuck."

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, in Blank Points when he is talking about how everybody is waiting for their Birth By Sleep.

That's what I thought... but there was NOTHING wrong with his line delivery in BBS. D: I adored it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's what I thought... but there was NOTHING wrong with his line delivery in BBS. D: I adored it.

I didn't find anything wrong wit it, either xD I think some people find Corey Burton's rendition of Ansem to be off because they are so used to Christopher Lee's version.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Likewise. I'm actually glad he didn't go with his usual Christopher Lee imitation for that performance. It was more heartfelt this way.

As an amateur actor myself, I'll be the first to say that imitating voices is fun and a cool skill to have, but if one focuses too much on the imitation, the actor's emotions can easily be lost.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Unpopular opinion: Corey Burton's rendition of Ansem the Wise in Birth by Sleep is by far my favorite VA for Ansem the Wise/DiZ in the entire series.

And since Christopher Lee will undoubtedly be preoccupied with The Hobbit for the next couple of years, I'd welcome Corey Burton as long as he continues to VA like he did in BBS.

I'd love to see/hear him in DDD at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back