• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*CONFIRMED* Pinocchio World + Jump Scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
frollo appreciation post

tumblr_ltzqr5vjd11r44ze4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_luxe4z0uBa1qa4e8y.gif

tumblr_ltlnyd9ZqG1qip7y6.png

frollo-lolwat.gif

tumblr_lsbw0azavw1r0wxuk.png

tumblr_lsb732wS2a1r0wxuk.png

tumblr_ltdrnoU9871qifnqmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lstq8eW1hI1qi19bjo1_500.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I wish i could rep you for this.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Question: I've never understood what "Fish Faces" meant. Can anyone explain? (Basically, differences of it from other models)

Anyway, hopefully those will get fixed. Do I need to bring back the KH1 Beta Kairi picture?

Compare:

wlcutscene03.jpg
sora02.png

The_Dream_Shield

Website
backloggery.com
New worlds looking nice. I have a question though, if we know by now, but if Neku and Quazi(if I don't know if they do or not), do they fight with you, or is it their Dream Eaters that do? (Since apparently Neku has a Dream Eater?)

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
New worlds looking nice. I have a question though, if we know by now, but if Neku and Quazi(if I don't know if they do or not), do they fight with you, or is it their Dream Eaters that do? (Since apparently Neku has a Dream Eater?)

In something just a fair bit recent, Nomura said you could swap Dream Eaters for Party Members, so I imagine they can fight with you.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm a dullard, but that's not really helping.

"Fish faces" are flat textured mouths, as opposed to mouths that are part of the actual model.
They open and shut like puppets' mouths, without any sort of variation in how words are formed.

digimikej

Awards
"Fish faces" are flat textured mouths, as opposed to mouths that are part of the actual model.
They open and shut like puppets' mouths, without any sort of variation in how words are formed.

you mean like terras face in any cutscene that doesnt involve the main plot?

Tell me about it. Let's see how long it takes till we see Stitch in Hawaii.

he wont. when he blasted off in BBS, as far as i can tell, he landed in radiant garden. how else would he get there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Ah, thank you! That helps tremendously!

If you still want a visual example that's easier to see, I can offer you this:

kingdom_0404_45.jpg

KH1 was, to be fair, the worst about this by far, but the principle is still there. Aerith's mouth and eyes in this shot are, essentially, painted on and switch between open and closed forms like the Mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas instead of moving fluidly.

If you know what to look for, you can tell whether a model is this type even when the model's massively subdivided like KH screenshots tend to be.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;fUPQPonAGLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPQPonAGLc[/video]

Go to when Kairi and Sora are in the tunnel.

Their faces just change from Fish mouth to full fledged emotion.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
you mean like terras face in any cutscene that doesnt involve the main plot?

he wont. when he blasted off in BBS, as far as i can tell, he landed in radiant garden. how else would he get there?
He just needs to build a ship, that's basically it. I have really high hopes for this world after finding out this news so it isn't too much of a stretch to see this world in something like KH3 in my opinion.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Lancelot and I have been working on this for the past few hours~ I believe Cape Mario was asking for it? We've updated the 3D image gallery as well.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Can I use that image? Not sure whether for sig or avvie yet but still...? :3

Awards
If you still want a visual example that's easier to see, I can offer you this:

kingdom_0404_45.jpg

KH1 was, to be fair, the worst about this by far, but the principle is still there. Aerith's mouth and eyes in this shot are, essentially, painted on and switch between open and closed forms like the Mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas instead of moving fluidly.

If you know what to look for, you can tell whether a model is this type even when the model's massively subdivided like KH screenshots tend to be.

To this day, I'd still prefer that, in place of the fish faces, they used the high resolution faces but instead of lip synching, they used some sort of basic animation of them opening and closing their mouths. I realize that part of the reason they use the fish faces is because they don't have the time to animate and lip synch every face in every cutscene, but the contrast is so jarring that it's painful.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
That's one thing that has always bothered me in the series. One minute the characters look great and fluent when they talk and then the next their eyes look like they got stung by a wasp. The mouths I could deal with but the eyes bugged the crap out of me.

Dark Hearts King

Website
chronicum.wordpress.com
[video=youtube;fUPQPonAGLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPQPonAGLc[/video]

Go to when Kairi and Sora are in the tunnel.

Their faces just change from Fish mouth to full fledged emotion.
NOW IT MAKES SENSE.

My heavens, and I never caught that when I played it all those years ago? Wow. And Sora sounds soooo much like a little kid...:p

snow_flake40

Awards
Yes, the sudden change from...not-fish faces to fish faces has always been very unnerving and off-putting. But, I stand by my previous point. At least fish faces are better than speech bubbles, which completely slow down the pace of the game. And did anyone really think that we'd finally be rid of fish faces in DDD? I'm just glad that there's still a chance that all the cutscenes will be voiced, like in BbS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back